• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony conference: Shu walks out on the stage, clears his throat and speaks slowly into the microphone his head tilted slightly downwards but with his eyes fixing the audience "I give you...The Last Guardian!"

That's all I need, well and Colony Wars.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It would be awesome if we are getting Fuse 2 announcement at E3.

91KpvHQ.gif

Countdown Archive
45 days - Nintendo Vs. Capcom
44 days - Battletoads
43 days - Fuse 2

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if countdown images/gifs are welcome here. if majority or moderators have problems with my countdown. Please let me know so I would stop posting it here.

Eolz

Countdown Archive
45 days - Nintendo Vs. Capcom
44 days - Battletoads
43 days - Fuse 2

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if countdown images/gifs are welcome here. if majority or moderators have problems with my countdown. Please let me know so I would stop posting it here.

I don't know either but those pics are awesome :p
First time I hear someone wanting a Fuse 2 though

edit:
Can we see the floorplan? Only see references but nothing more.

Role-Playing > Sony Playstation <-
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 3
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 4`

Role-Playing > Xbox <-
Role-Playing > Xbox 360
Role-Playing > Xbox One

Hype! ;)

That's the weird part because it's very hard to believe that they'd make a crossgen RPG at this point. They aren't doing that with ESO, so why would they with a new Todd Howard game?

Servbot24

Banned
I would like to think that Tomb Raider and Persona 5 will be the last major cross gen games. (smaller titles like Tales might keep doing it)

FluxWaveZ

Ok what about it? You do realize both the games he mentioned come out after mgs5, right?

That comes out before TR and P5.

Yeah... I guess that's most likely the case for Persona 5. I was thinking more about how when a big game is still coming out for cross-gen like that, it's not a sign of it dying down.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is said to be coming to previous generation platforms even though it hasn't been outright confirmed, right?

Edit: And then there are other projects to keep in mind like Star Ocean 5. It'll hopefully die off sooner than later, but I don't think this is the end of major cross-gen games.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
First time I hear someone wanting a Fuse 2 though
Congratulations, you may be the first person on earth to ever say this!

I know there are good amount of hates on Fuse 2 on this forum but it was pretty fun when playing with other three friends. Unfortunately, I know I'm not first person who asked for it. I doubt that it would happens due to lacking of selling power behind the Fuse after everything happened with it.

It could be Dishonored 2 I guess. Dishonored ran well on last gen.

With all the issues ram caused last gen I'd be seriously upset at another last gen Bethesda RPG.

owasog

It could be Dishonored 2 I guess. Dishonored ran well on last gen.

With all the issues ram caused last gen I'd be seriously upset at another last gen Bethesda RPG.
Dishonored is a stealthy action game, not an RPG.

If Fallout 4 is going to be cross-gen, that's very disappointing. I hope they at least upgrade their LOD system. The pop-in looks horrible in Skyrim.

Whatever then. In any case, cross gen 100% confirms 2 things in my eyes.

-Fall 2015 release for certain
-Same engine Skyrim 2.0, sadly

I can't see major changes happening without a gen shift, and the worst part is this will, most likely, be the only Fallout title of the generation.

We'll see how this all plays out.

Servbot24

Banned
I know there are good amount of hates on Fuse 2 on this forum but it was pretty fun when playing with other three friends. Unfortunately, I know I'm not first person who asked for it. I doubt that it would happens due to lacking of selling power behind the Fuse after everything happened with it.

"it was pretty fun under the right circumstances" isn't really a ringing endorsement when there are tons of other projects Insomniac could dedicate resources to instead

Chobel

Please don't be cross-gen

Tratorn

maybe Fallout 4 on PS3/360 is being made by a different developer?

This doesn't change much. Bethesda still has to take care for PS360 then, because they can't do things that are hard to port to last gen and would need a lot of work/changes.
I think even if it isn't cross gen, then the decision for that probably wasn't made at the beginning of the project and only when they realized that last gen is dying fast. But that would still be much better than a full cross-gen game release of course.

Servbot24

Banned
And Call of Duty: Black Ops 3? Star Ocean 5? Guitar Hero Live?

Blops 7 can come out on PS2 for all I care.
Star Ocean is a low budget JRPG. It was never going to push PS4's abilities anyways. Harmless cross-gen title.
Same for GHL. It doesn't really have that much to gain from being exclusively current gen.

Fallout on the other hand has a lot to gain from it. Same for games like MGSV, which is really disappointing (even though it still looks good).

FluxWaveZ

Fallout on the other hand has a lot to gain from it. Same for games like MGSV, which is really disappointing (even though it still looks good).

I understand that, especially from a subjective standpoint. It's just that it's a bit silly to include Persona 5 but exclude Star Ocean 5, without that perspective. Persona 5 would not have gained very much at all by being exclusive to the PS4.

Servbot24

Banned
I don't mind P5 being on PS3, it was just thrown as the example coming out latest (besides Star Ocean maybe? dunno when that comes out)

Servbot24

Banned
I still have no idea what that games is.

Fly around space and look at procedurally generated planets. There's some combat too but it's not the focus of what's been shown. So far most of the hype is from people imagining what they want the game to be.

Circinus

PC Gamer conference?

Like, sponsored by the PC Gamer website?

Are we to expect AAA PC exclusives at that conference?

No, why would a publisher make an AAA game just for PC? PC is an open platform that is not ruled by just one platform holder that creates exclusive content to differentiate its platform.

PC exclusive games are exclusive on PC because of different reasons than console exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom