• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

owasog

Fallout 4 better not be cross-gen.
Even if it is, cross-gen if done right doesn't have to look dated. In my opinion Far Cry 4 looks incredible and a major improvement over last-gen's Far Cry 3.

That said, I do hope cross-gen announcements will be the exception at this year's E3...

Welfare

Even if it is, cross-gen if done right doesn't have to look dated. In my opinion Far Cry 4 looks incredible and a major improvement over last-gen's Far Cry 3.

That said, I do hope cross-gen announcements will be the exception at this year's E3...

Cross gen limits design decisions, not just graphics.

Kyoufu

Wasn't the rumour back in 2013 that Fallout 4 was cross gen? Of course, a lot of games in development back then were, but I was hoping they'd scrap last gen versions.

owasog

Cross gen limits design decisions, not just graphics.
Well, just like last-gen Shadow of Mordor lacked the full nemesis system, I can imagine last-gen Fallout 4 with walled cities (loading screens) vs open cities in the next-gen versions.

Jeels

I'll be attending E3 this year and wanted to know if anybody was looking for an extra person to room with. I am looking at hotels or air bnb's close to the convention center.

Shoot me a PM!

Booki

Soothsayer mode activated.

Small predictions:

Microsoft: Reveals 3D platformer
Sony: Re-reveals Persona 5 for early 2016 in the US
Nintendo: Absolutely nothing interesting
Bethesda: Reveals Fallout 4 for 2016
EA: Reveals Star Wars 3rd person action game
Ubisoft: Delays the Division to 2016
Square: FINAL FANTASY XV. Announces the release date for Dragon Quest Heroes in the US

Fixed it for you.

MattyG

Banned
The PS3/360 RPG is probably Elder Scrolls Online..... I hope.....
I don't think that means anything. They had something similar marked down on their floor layout last year and it was just a placeholder.

I'm willing to bet my life of Fallout 4 not being cross-gen. I'm like, avatar bet positive of it. Bethesda and Zenimax aren't stupid.

I mean, if they're even making a downloadable title like The Old Blood current-gen exclusive when they already have the engine running on last-gen consoles, I really doubt they're going to gimp their massive tentpole title by shackling it to last-gen consoles.

Welfare

It would be smart for Bethesda to make Fallout 4 current gen only. All those hungry Fallout fans (on consoles) would need to buy a current gen system, increasing the install base. Cross gen would just continue to hold people back.

Kyoufu

It would be smart for Bethesda to make Fallout 4 current gen only. All those hungry Fallout fans (on consoles) would need to buy a current gen system, increasing the install base. Cross gen would just continue to hold people back.

That's not really Bethesda's concern. They'll take money from any angle.

Creatively however, it'd be great if they did design a game that utilises current gen hardware, but this is Bethesda we're talking about.

magnumpy

No, why would a publisher make an AAA game just for PC? PC is an open platform that is not ruled by just one platform holder that creates exclusive content to differentiate its platform.

PC exclusive games are exclusive on PC because of different reasons than console exclusives.

not sure if it's relevant, but microsoft (hololens) and oculus (rift) and sony (morpheus) are going to be present at E3 2015. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress that's been made on the software side, maybe some AAA titles being announced?

MattyG

Banned
Let's also keep in mind that Bethesda released Oblivion as a (then) next gen exclusive only six months after the 360 released, and that was only on two platforms at the time. We're going to be 2 years into current-gen by the time Fallout 4 releases
2015 RELEASE GOTTA BELIEVE
, and both consoles have a much larger install base than the 360 had at the time of Oblivion's release.

Microsoft: More Windows 10 and Xbox One integration.

How can owning a console like that make my PC gaming better? Like if I could use it to stream my PC gameplay on the Xbox. That would be cool. Or if there was some crossplatform play. If instead of split screen, one person in co-op could play on a streaming PC, and the other person having the whole TV for themselves. All running of one XB1 game.

Stuff like that would be meaningful to me.

Kyoufu

Let's also keep in mind that Bethesda released Oblivion as a (then) next gen exclusive only six months after the 360 released, and that was only on two platforms at the time. We're going to be 2 years into current-gen by the time Fallout 4 releases
2015 RELEASE GOTTA BELIEVE
, and both consoles have a much larger install base than the 360 had at the time of Oblivion's release.

Cross gen games weren't all the rage back then as they have been this gen, probably due to Gen6 RAM limitations.

demigod

It almost certainly won't be cross-gen. Developers make cross-gen games to reach the largest install base. Todd Howard (somewhat famously) said, "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

You're talking about Bethesda here, watch it be cross gen.

Lakitu

st5fu
I don't think it's going to be cross-gen guys, at least I hope not. Todd Howard mentioned just how much memory they had to work with in an interview early last year. I honestly don't think they'd limit themselves again. I'm sure maybe an 360/PS3 might have been in development in some point but they were probably dropped.

Besides, they used this exact format at last year's E3. Another thing, ESO, a game that obviously started development before Fallout 4 isn't cross-gen either.

dex3108

Does anyone know anything about Project Caravan?

Found some images on Blur's site but I don't know if they are game related or just Avengers 2 promotional material.

http://www.blur.com/assets/uploads/2015/05/

project_caravan_20.jpg

project_caravan_15.jpg

It is not good enough for CGI Movie trailer but it is too good for gameplay so it could be CGI Game trailer. But it is too close to movie release so it could be movie related.

Derp

I wouldn't be surprised if Fallout 4 was cross-gen... If we say production started after Skyrim was released, then that's almost 2 years before the Xbox One and PS4 came out.

So i wouldn't be surprised. I'd just be very very sad... Until the mods come out.

Just because a game is 'next-gen-only' doesn't somehow necessarily mean it was built in a way that negates it ever being feasible for last-gen.

I mean, I look at MGSV and think "no way this shit was possible last-gen", because tech-wise it's such a huge leap from MGS4, but we know that's because of the massive investment put into Fox Engine that makes the 60fps open-world awesomeness possible, and not because of 'b-b-b-b-because PS4/XB1 is s-s-s-s-so awesome!"

I mean, look at Blop3. For what is 'next-gen only', it didn't look remarkably stunning or visually mindblowing. Great, sure, but it didn't elicit Battlefront-tier of "this is complete bullshit, I don't believe it's real-time 60fps gameplay!"

I feel like tech is really more important than console horsepower in this gen. The ability for the foundation of the game to do all the crazy stuff like asset streaming, AI, lighting, etc while still delivering 1080p locked 30/60fps.

Spamed Bunnie

Neo Member
Well i hope that bethesda will anounce the elder scrolls fallout crossover so i can pre order it. And also new elder scrolls or fallout alone would be great

owasog

I wouldn't be surprised if Fallout 4 was cross-gen... If we say production started after Skyrim was released, then that's almost 2 years before the Xbox One and PS4 came out.
Actually it looks like full production started in april 2013, only 6 months before XB1 and PS4. Although the decision to make it cross-gen (or not) was probably made in pre-production.

Maybe Bethesda is done with PS360. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is next-gen only, even though the original game was cross-gen.

I think it is about time that Bioware will at least announce what the new IP is that they are working on. Maybe a teaser trailer along with it.

Would be awesome if it was a spy RPG (I loved me some Alpha Protocol). They already have a sci-fi RPG, a fanasty RPG, and a martial-arts/fantasy RPG (they have got to go back to Jade Empire eventually), so something modern seems likely.

2thepoint

When do the big three (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) announce their presser dates for E3?

The hype trains are being fuelled, and need to depart soon.

Trago

Dunno about y'all, but I'm ready for that live stage demo of Summer Lessons for Morpheus during the Sony E3 press conference, followed by a release date.

zlebz7eiol1rwu9i2tfb.gif

etta

my hard graphic balls
EA is also on the same spot as last year so I guess nothing has changed

Monday: MS...EA.Ubi...........Sony

Mhmm, I'll need to grab two buckets from KFC then, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Mhmmmm all that coleslaw and gravy. Cannot wait for the "What's your E3 food" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom