• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucreto

SE is hosting a conference of its own, yet FFXV will only appear with a short trailer (Gamescom will be the big one for XV), so SE must have something up its sleeve.....

I will try to speculate on SE's conference for the time being:

WILL happen
-FF7 PS4 Port gets a release date, it will be there in some form
-FFXV short trailer (not guessing, this was confirmed lol)
-Life is Strange Episode 4/5 release window

MAY happen (as in fair amount of chance to happen)
-Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance gets a PS4 upgrade - with or without X[Chi] alongside it (so, either KH DDD HD or KH HD 2.9 Remix)
-1.5 and 2.5 all the way to PS4
-Rise of the Tomb Raider gets a new trailer featuring gameplay (this may happen either here or at MS' event)
-Deus Ex gets new info, possibly new trailer.
-Bravely Second gets western release date/window
-New Hitman game announced (Thanks MauroNL, knew I was forgetting about something lol)

MIGHT happen (as in small amount of chance to happen)
-Final Fantasy XII HD is announced and headed to PS4
-Final Fantasy Agito + comes back from the shadows, gets release window, STAYS on the Vita
-Star Ocean 5 gets new trailer (I see this happening at TGS but I'll put it here anyway)
-Something Theatrhythm-related has to happen
-Agni is more than just a tech demo
-All of XIII goes to PS4
-DQ Heroes 2?

Wishes that probably WON'T happen
-FF7 PS4 port was a bluff, full remake is actually in the works
-Kingdom Hearts III gets a trailer
-FFXII HD gets release window for early next year (hah)
-Agni becomes FFXVI
-RotTR gets PS4 release window
-XV short trailer ends with release window (will happen at Gamescom most likely)

I must say that I may not be as well-informed as I should be, so I may have written some pretty stupid stuff lol also, I've included stuff that I expect to get news from during E3/Gamescom/TGS, but I write it all here because
BELIEVE

The need to have something big, like a wow card, with XV out of that slot I can only wonder and count days!!

Tomb Raider will be a major showing at Microsoft's conference. They are publishers and marketers for the game so I don't see want else Square can show.

After the reaction at the PlayStation Experience they might be doing something more to the game to make it worth it. I still hope for a full remake doing a Bloodborne deal. Sony were the original publishers for the game to begin with so Sony would more than likely do it.

Servbot24

Banned
I wish. They don't the manpower, management skills, solidifed vision, or talent pool to do something like that without external investment, parternships, or crowd funding. In short, MS or Sony could step in and help them out because the nostalgia will only last for so long before falling on it's own dagger.

They have plenty of talent. Correct on the rest of that though.

AESplusF

Square-Enix will announce that Final Fantasy VII for PS4 is a real complete remake and they were just trolling with the Playstation Experience announcement.

Hehe, as crazy as it sounds this has been my hunch

And the kind of big announcements that people really want, such as huge third party exclusives, or the fabled FF7 remake, all of this stuff is not possible every year.

Any PlayStation IP's getting Rebooted ? only know about Ratchet and Clank but that's all that we heard about

after the Yooka Layle Reactions, Sony realizes the potential in this Genre & will announce a Crash Reboot at E3

Who will talk about Last Guardian after that :)

Mr. RHC

I just hope we see the final Hideo Kojima Metal Gear trailer this E3.
Come on, Konami. I will be seriously pissed off if this will be a no show.

:(

Well for one, they would not announce $499 price. :)

So in the single day separating the conferences, they'd have altered the price in response? I thought these things were planned weeks/months in advance. Surely they couldn't just lower the asking fee for a console on a whim like that.

Servbot24

Banned
So in the single day separating the conferences, they'd have altered the price in response? I thought these things were planned weeks/months in advance. Surely they couldn't just lower the asking fee for a console on a whim like that.

Sony decided their price only after watching the MS conference. They were prepared to launch at $350 if XB1 was cheaper.

le-seb

Err, I think that's the joke, guys.
Back in the days, some people on GAF were swearing the PS4 was going to be more expensive than the Xbone, and that Sony certainly had changed their price at the last minute following MS conference.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Err, I think that's the joke, guys.
Back in the days, some people on GAF were swearing the PS4 was going to be more expensive than the Xbone, and that Sony certainly had changed their price at the last minute following MS conference.
How does saying the same thing 2 years later make it a joke?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=582886

Not confirmed as I remembered it was, but still.
Oh right. Gerstmann.

How's that PS4 will also have online-only DRM until they reversed that at the press conference?

We can still see remnants of that system on the Xbox One and absolutely no evidence of it on the PS4.

Bethesda wouldn't have booked a conference without a game to announce.

Everything from the last 3 years has pointed to Fallout 4, nothing has pointed to Elder Scrolls 6.

RexNovis

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=582886

Not confirmed as I remembered it was, but still.

Maybe you should actually read the thread before linking at some sort of proof

He's definitely wrong then. The announcement of the price, console, and release has been finalised for a good while now and was due to be announced at E3 prior to last week. SCE did have a range in place for the price, so maybe there is a bit of a loss in message once the word reached his ears.

2thepoint

Maybe it's the "...and it's out now" game of the show.

And then when you beat it, you'll unlock a teaser trailer for the real Final Fantasy VII remake.

I believe that a teaser will begin, then just cut dead to this image, replaying over and over again in a loop.

shinjilaughing.JPG

Amahoi

Neo Member
Everyone has evidence pointing towards Fallout 4 like they are predicting the Apocalypse. As much as I want it, I will keep my erection down to a half chub until I hear the words Fallout 4 come out of Bethesda's mouth.

Armadilo

Banned
Just a twitter thing but on PlayStation's twitter I've seen #TeamPlayStation recently so maybe new slogan ? The team PlayStation thing was attached to athletes so I think that's new, haven't heard them say it before

etta

my hard graphic balls
Here it is, I filled out the form. No Nintendo for me, I do not own any of their systems.

yGMbPl3.jpg

Can I have my train pass now, please

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Would a FFVII remake really take that much more effort and resources over rebooting FFXIV or developing FFXV?

I would think so. The character models would all have to be done and that doesn't include everything else they'd do. You'd literally have to consider it another major title into the franchise, which they aren't willing to do. Current sales would need to exceed what they are now, which is what SE stated a while back.

IMO they'd have to add detail to everything. It would be Advent Children on steroids. They couldn't use anything from the original release either. The music could stay, but knowing Square they'd redo it all just for the quality itself. I'd say the chances of us getting a FFVII remake is on par with SE's last attempt to save a franchise. They could possibly profit off VII's remake over another FF.

I always think SE will one day surprise everyone. You don't know what can happen as soon as they come out on stage.

I'm hoping we don't see just a bunch of extended trailers, but it's becoming a market show anymore. You have to anticipate the anticipation.
Having SE and Bethesda airing their own shows is confidence. I never really watched Ubisoft's after the tragedy they've had marketing their brand over their games. It's on par with EA or slightly above it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Tease for a game revealed the day prior?

That makes it kinda worse IMO. They didn't book a conference to show the premier title off in a different conference.

Yea, I think Microsoft will have some deal with them, and there will be a trailer at Microsoft's conference, and then gameplay at Bethesda's.

yami4ct

This is the first year in a while I feel like I have really no clue what's going to happen. That could either be very bad (as in, not much not already leaked/announced) or cool because of lots of surprises. I'm going with number 2 just for my sanity's sake.

My few predictions:
Nintendo:
-Bravely Second and Phoenix Wright Great Detective (whatever it'll be called) get translations and release windows.
-Star Fox Release window and real footage. Will not be full $60 product, though I'm not sure if that was something that maybe has been said already and I missed it. Will get Captain Toad/Rainbow Curse style budget release
-Pokken tournament console release and US date.
-Huge Xenoblade feature and release date. Xenoblade becomes the big feature title for this year.

Things that might happen:
-Tease of the next main Pokemon game (X2/Y2)
-Pokemon Amiibo line. Will be used in a new Wii U/3DS side game and Pokken tournament. No compatibility announced for X2/Y2, but that'll happen.
-Fire Emblem Amiibo Line
-Surprise Smash DLC
-New Zelda DS title. Might be remake or new game, but I'll lean new game. Perhaps another sequel? Maybe a Majora's sequel or another Link Between Worlds game
-Another Mario Kart DLC pack
-Nintendo doing SEs work and bring DQ VII over on their own
-New Retro Studios game?
-New Metroid Titles. Both console and 3DS. At least 1 will be a 2.5D side scroller.

Pipe Dream:
-New F-Zero. Perhaps developed by Retro

Sony:
-No Last Guardian. People will ask. Standard "still in development" answer. Game is still dead.
-Uncharted gets huge gameplay demo
-A real Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer. Big remaster pack for PS4
-Bloodborne DLC trailer. Hints at BB2 or some other Sony/From collaboration
-Destiny Expansion trailer
-Rockstar comes out with some GTA5 DLC. Exclusivity window for PS4. Others get it later
-Assassin's Creed Victory
-Gorilla's New Game
-Street Fighter 5. Very short trailer with a new fighter.
-Quantic Dream new game. I will love it, even though it'll end up kind of awful
-Batman gets stage demo
-Nice big indie section with some cool announcements. Maybe a small demo of Mighty Number 9 or something.
-Very small Morpheus section. No real name of release info.

Maybe's:
-Extended version of SE's FF XV trailer. Actual release window.
-FF XII HD
-Persona 5 gameplay trailer
-Hellblade full gameplay demo
-No Man's Sky release window

Pipe Dream:
-A whole host of new IPs coming from every major Sony studio. New shit from Media Molecule, Sony Japan, etc.

Microsoft:

I have zero clue. Microsoft feels like a real wildcard this year.

-Small mention of Holo Lens. No big kinect style section for it, though.
-Mention of Windows 10 PC integration. Small talk of DX 12.
-Gears HD. Small teaser for Gears IV coming next year. Won't be Gears 4, though. It'll be given some subtitle.
-Quantum Break
-Battletoads
-Phantom Dust conspicuously missing.
-Tony Hawk
-Tomb Raider
-Huge Halo 5 blowout
-Forza

Maybes:
-Surprisingly big PC talk. New PC games initiative that isn't necessarily a store/steam competitor.
-Whole new Xbox One UI. Focus on working without voice commands.
-Speaking of voice commands, a cheap mic attachment announced that replaces the kinect for voice stuff. Packed in all new Xbox One sans-Kinect packs. Cheap upgrade $20-40.
-Fallout 4
-Doom
-Big new IP section with 3-4 new titles

Pipe dreams:
-New Viva Piñata. Come on guys. Please do it.
-Not a dream, since I don't really care, but I could see a crazy future where Microsoft does something with Banjo Kazooie just to spite Yooka-Laylee.

EA:

-Mirror's Edge gets more real info. No date
-Criterion's project gets a name
-Mass Effect titled and info dump
-Big Battlefront feature.
Maybe:
A new big Single-Player focused Star Wars title announced

This year, I actually expect to be mostly wrong and that's kind of exciting.

Adachi

Banned
Oh I just remembered another thing that I could see announced at E3: A Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta for the holidays, possibly tied to the Uncharted Collection (hopefully the Collection only gives early access at best)

What are the chances of seeing Dragon Quest VII announced at E3?
:(
High chances
for Smartphone port

Oh I just remembered another thing that I could see announced at E3: A Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta for the holidays, possibly tied to the Uncharted Collection (hopefully the Collection only gives early access at best)
I could see this happening because the MP of Uncharted could take some disc space and it is possible they might just strip it down and instead ship it with a beta MP for UC 4. I mean fitting the whole trilogy on single disc might be hard and they would have to cut some corners, so they are better off just offering the beta for MP and stripping the collection of its MP and just focus on SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom