• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think an Uncharted Trilogy Remaster for the Fall could be good enough. Not exactly a new first party title but it should get newcomers (and old players) ready and hyped for U4.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I think an Uncharted Trilogy Remaster for the Fall could be good enough. Not exactly a new first party title but it should get newcomers (and old players) ready and hyped for U4.

Heck, I've bought all three on PS3. I wouldn't mind double dipping on PS4, I need some Nathan Drake and Sully in my life until 4 comes out.

They need this now. Id buy it in a heartbeat.

I think releasing TLG during a busy holiday period isn't good for anyone. It's more of a spring/summer game.

I think it would sell whenever it released. It's going to have an audience. It's never going to be a multi million seller.

Is anyone expecting a surprise from Bethesda?

I feel like we already know of everything they'll show.

Fallout Collection for PS4/X1?
But would they really go this route?

I don't really expect any HD Collections. I think FO4 and Arkane's games will be their big reveals. The rest will be stuff we know about like DOOM and Battlecry. It seems far too soon for Machinegames or Tango to have something new to show.

I don't really expect any HD Collections. I think FO4 and Arkane's games will be their big reveals. The rest will be stuff we know about like DOOM and Battlecry. It seems far too soon for Machinegames or Tango to have something new to show.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Arkane has said they're doing Dishonored 2, so there's that. It's funny because this is probably the most exciting conference, but the easiest to predict.

Here's hoping those 3 major 1st party exclusives verendus mentioned are still happening at e3. Because as it stands Sony E3 is looking pretty bleak.

MattyG

Banned

I doubt we'll see any rereleases. If anything, it'll be a Skyrim Ultimate Edition or something on PS4/X1 this fall (assuming Fallout 4 is next year, which I don't think it will.)

salromano

Let's see...

Arkane Studios - Dishonored II, probably, and that Dishonored remaster Brazil leaked

Battlecry Studios - BattleCry

Bethesda Game Studios - Fallout 4 all but certain

id Software - Doom

MachineGames - Just shipped DLC game The Old Blood. Might have something new to show?

Tango Gameworks - Will have just shipped final The Evil within DLC. Might have something new to show?

ZeniMax Online Studios - The Elder Scrolls Online

salromano

Any chance on a God Easter 2 Rage Burst localization or is this the wrong event for that?

Bandai Namco trademarked "Rage Burst" in Europe, so I'd say the chances are good. They've been pretty awesome with localization over the past few years, too.

jbug617

Banned
I doubt we'll see any rereleases. If anything, it'll be a Skyrim Ultimate Edition or something on PS4/X1 this fall (assuming Fallout 4 is next year, which I don't think it will.)

Dishonored: Definitive Edition got leaked by the Brazil Board.

MattyG

Banned
You think Fallout 4 is going to come out this year?
I think there's a chance. Bethesda and Todd Howard have alluded to the fact that when they reveal BGS's next project, it'll be a very quick turn around between reveal and release. I have no doubt that it'll be revealed at E3, and I can't see it being released in the spring or summer. So it's either fall 2015 or fall 2016, and based on what I've heard in interviews and stuff, fall 2016 just seems too long.

Or I'm completely wrong and it's next year.
Dishonored: Definitive Edition got leaked by the Brazil Board.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Seems like kind of a strange re-release, but I guess I can see it happening.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Sorry, I know that I was too late with it. I already have the plans for next 31 days for a week so hopefully people would enjoy it here!

x6aRcgd.png

Countdown Archive
45 days - Nintendo Vs. Capcom
44 days - Battletoads
43 days - Fuse 2
42 days - Mother 3
41 days - EA Sports
40 days - Gravity Rush 2
39 days - Yoshi's Woolly World
38 days - Destiny: Expansion (Comet, etc)
37 days - Watch Dog 2
36 days - Rainbow Six: Siege
35 days - Star Wars Battlefront
34 days - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
33 days - Punch Out U
32 days - Batman: Arkham Knight

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if countdown images/gifs are welcome here. if majority or moderators have problems with my countdown. Please let me know so I would stop posting it here.

It feels like all the big theoretical announcements (FF7, Half Life 3, Shenmue 3, Last Guardian) reached their fever pitch at Sony's Playstation Experience, and are now being accepted as just not going to happen. This E3 feels about as exciting as Gamescom: it'll be a nice show. That isn't a bad thing, but it doesn't feel like the Super Bowl event people have always been hyped about.

Tangentially related.
With respect to the GeOW remaster gaining further traction/visual evidence.

A comparison of MS leaking between this year and last. Repost from another thread.

Leaks this year:
GeOW remastered

Leaks last year:
Horizons 2, MCC, H5 Beta, Platinum game "Project Nagano", white X1, Fable Legends, Crackdown (thanks Defect), and Sunset Overdrive setting (thanks Ape).

Unless I forgot something, ship so far is far less leaky heading into E3 2015.
Edit: I think that is all. Oh my god that was an absurd leak in hindsight.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if countdown images/gifs are welcome here. if majority or moderators have problems with my countdown. Please let me know so I would stop posting it here.

I don't think you need to bother with that anymore.
The graphics look good and no one dislikes it. You can let the disclaimer go man.

Liamc723

All the leaks last year were from Ntkrnl though, I doubt we'll see something like that again this year. And I'm glad about that, surprise me!

All the leaks last year were from Ntkrnl though, I doubt we'll see something like that again this year. And I'm glad about that, surprise me!

cboat leaked the Platinum game and while I can't remember exactly, he may've leaked Fable Legends as well. It definitely wasn't Ntkrnl though, seeing as it was announced before Ntkrnl even started posting.

Wasn't Forza 6 leaked this year? It seemed like everyone knew when exactly was going to be announced. Though I suppose that may've just been an educated guess, since a new Forza this year was about as obvious as a new Madden or FIFA.

Zukkoyaki

Name a first-party announcement that wouldn't get people talking.

Touche'

But that's the beauty of Sony's situation. We KNOW they have a lot of games cooking and we're all just waiting for them to be shown. The anticipation is going to make each of the announcements that much more exciting.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
My predictions in terms of announcements:

Resident Evil 7
Fallout 4
The Last of Us 2
Animal Crossing U

My dream-land predictions:

Shenmue 3 (funded by Sony)
Alan Wake 2
Galaxy 3
Metroid U
Skylander x Amiibo

Lol, I'd certainly have something to say about that! Played the shit out of the demo back in the day. It was probably awful but I didn't care.

It was pretty bad. :p Sony's been able to nail down pretty much every genre with solid first party releases except for fighting games for some reason. I guess it's no surprise that they basically just said "Fuck it, let's just go get Street Fighter". :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom