• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, I'm trying my best to make GIF countdown for last 30 days but I can't promise on that tho.

bh1MDds.png

Countdown Archive
45 days - Nintendo Vs. Capcom
44 days - Battletoads
43 days - Fuse 2
42 days - Mother 3
41 days - EA Sports
40 days - Gravity Rush 2
39 days - Yoshi's Woolly World
38 days - Destiny: Expansion (Comet, etc)
37 days - Watch Dog 2
36 days - Rainbow Six: Siege
35 days - Star Wars Battlefront
34 days - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
33 days - Punch Out U
32 days - Batman: Arkham Knight
31 days - Assassin's Creed Syndicate

I don't think you need to bother with that anymore.
The graphics look good and no one dislikes it. You can let the disclaimer go man.

Thank you! and it's gone now.

My predictions in terms of announcements:

Resident Evil 7 Just a bit too early
Fallout 4 almost assured
The Last of Us 2 not until the end of the generation
Animal Crossing U

My dream-land predictions:

Shenmue 3 (funded by Sony) It is best to let this one go. Sony has way too many irons in the fire to go through all the work to just get the rights for the ip. Yes, I want it too, but Sony seems to be hell bent funding things they want to do and hoping they work rather than do the things gamers are begging for...
Alan Wake 2
Galaxy 3
Metroid U
Skylander x Amiibo

I've always been the most excited for Sony's shows. This year, I feel like I might be as equaually or more excited for Microsoft's. They are in a position to have to fight back and with an unlimited war chest, they can swing for the fences.

Bleak how? They probably have lots of good stuff. The only question is how much we'll be able to play this year.

It's just that we keep hearing all of this bad news coming out of the Sony camp about delays for games like Uncharted and Ratchet while also refusing to mention anything about what their first party studios are doing. Also comments about treating NMS like a first party title makes It seems like Sony is perfectly content to just coast off of multiplats and indies while ignoring what people really want to see. It's like the sales success that they have had has made them complacent. I hope I'm wrong on this, and I was hoping to hear the perspective of someone in the know like shinobi or verendus on this topic.

Kar

So only one month left and I have zero excitement. I guess im getting too old (25).
Anyway, I predict TLG will not be there.

Steel

Banned
Safe to say the tommorrow children and fallout will show up. I expect not to be floored, I suppose it's for the best that my expectations are nonexistent, makes it more likely that they'll be exceeded.

woen

Seems like Sony is going to just go big on 3rd party partnerships for Q4

Metal Gear Solid 5
Destiny DLC
Battlefront 3
Mad Max
Assassins Creed

They can potentially delay games for Q4

Tearaway Unfolded
Until Dawn - good idea for Halloween

And they can have some exclusive or timed exclusive digital games for Q4

No Mans Sky
The Witness
Shadow of the Beast

I think Sony has the right strategy by leaving the fall for all the big 3rd party multiplatform titles. Not only the games they have marketing deals with but other big games such as COD will also be release in Q4. Then releasing all their big games for the first half of the following year with games like Street Fighter V and Uncharted 4. This has worked in the past with The Last of Us and BloodBorne.

Yep I agree.

They are plenty of games for the end of the year.

Lucreto

I am interested in what Sony will show. We basically know everything Microsoft is going to show bar the new IP and the indie titles.

Verendus

You mentioned some time ago that Suikoden was in the works in Konami but a long time before we hear anything. Do you think the game will be silently cancelled with the new direction the company is going?

Regiruler

I don't remember if I actually posted one of these. Regardless:

Nintendo:
-a new Punch-Out for the 3DS. The series would work well on a handheld platform. Holiday 2015.
-Project Giant Robot and Project Guard are evolved into full IPs. One is a 2015 title, while the other is an early 2016 title.
-Project Treasure is a no show at the digital event but sees multiple sessions in the treehouse stream.
-Devil's Third single player reworked. Digital only but at $45 to compensate.
-more on both If and SMTxFE (or whatever it's called now). One is November while the other is Spring 2015.
-Dates for the next two splatoon maps. First one releases with the first splatfest.
-F-Zero 3DS by Monster Games. Summer 2016.
-Hints for metroid but nothing substantial.
-Animal Crossing U
-Next mainline sonic, Wii U exclusive. Borrows elements from colors, lost world, and generations. November 2015.
--Accompanied by a less impressive tagalong using the same name on the 3DS, developed by Dimps. 2.5D rush style game.
-Mario Maker Releases Late September.
-Star Fox releases december. Is the final title of the presentation.

Microsoft:
-Probably nothing about scalebound so I'm not watching

scitek

This is probably the worst place for this, but is anyone going to E3 and has been before that can PM me? It's the first time in 5 years I'll be attending, but this time I'm going totally alone and have some questions.

RPGamer92

Banned

Nintendo:
-a new Punch-Out for the 3DS. The series would work well on a handheld platform. Holiday 2015.
-Project Giant Robot and Project Guard are evolved into full IPs. One is a 2015 title, while the other is an early 2016 title.
-Project Treasure is a no show at the digital event but sees multiple sessions in the treehouse stream.
-more on both If and SMTxFE (or whatever it's called now). One is November while the other is Spring 2015.
-Dates for the next two splatoon maps. First one releases with the first splatfest.
-Animal Crossing U
-Next mainline sonic, Wii U exclusive. Borrows elements from colors, lost world, and generations. November 2015.
--Accompanied by a less impressive tagalong using the same name on the 3DS, developed by Dimps. 2.5D rush style game.

Microsoft:
Why wouldn't they show more of one of the biggest games they announced last year?

rrc1594

Nintendo:
-Animal Crossing U

Microsoft:

I doubt that

I'm going to try to roughly predict the two major conferences in my mind:

Microsoft
- Open with large taste of Halo 5 campaign
- Assassins Creed Syndicate
- The Division Multiplayer "Demo"
- Tony Hawk 5
- New Rare Project (very likely a proper Banjo Kazooie because someone just went ahead and did some poignant market research for them)
- New Double Fine project or some kind of smaller indie love
- Rock Band 4 Probably not with some Beatles level celebrities, but someone
- Bleszinski's "Project Blue Streak"
- Some kind of Minecraft thing that I don't care about, but will likely be huge Minecraft 2?
- Tomb Raider
- Forza 6
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- New Burnout Game!
- EA Visceral Star Wars Project
- Some bullshit with a Hollywood Director that won't go anywhere
- Gears of War
- Long shot, game changer: Occulus Rift Support / MS Facebook partnership

SONY
- Open with Battlefront gameplay. Live gameplay on stage.
- Uncharted 4 gameplay demo on stage
- Rachet and Clank
- Borderlands 3
- Fallout 4 Trailer. No gameplay, but still, some kind of Bethesda siding slightly with Sony.
- Doom 4 Gameplay...(long shot), with Morpheus support. *shots fired* (see Microsoft prediction above)
- Morpheus time. New Guerilla game focusing on Morpheus. Some kind of first person inFamous thing using move controller. Priced at $199. Available by Spring 2016.
- "The next 20 games we are showing will all have Morpheus support" (cue montage of indie games such as Adrift).
- This next game will as well...Long "No Man's Sky Demo" ...will be out Holiday 2015
- Mirrors Edge 2 Morpheus
- New Fight Night Morpheus
- Final Fantasy XV trailer
- Metal Gear Solid V
- GTA V DLC announcement
- Call of Duty Blops 3
- Crash Bandicoot's coming back!

2thepoint

Microsoft
- [B]Assassins Creed Syndicate[/B]
- Tony Hawk 5
- New Rare Project (very likely a proper Banjo Kazooie because someone just went ahead and did some poignant market research for them)
- Some kind of Minecraft thing that I don't care about, but will likely be huge Minecraft 2?
- Tomb Raider
- Forza 6
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- New Burnout Game!
- Gears of War

SONY
- Rachet and Clank
- Borderlands 3
- Fallout 4 Trailer. No gameplay, but still, some kind of Bethesda siding slightly with Sony.
- Doom 4 Gameplay...(long shot), with Morpheus support. *shots fired* (see Microsoft prediction above)
- Morpheus time. New Guerilla game focusing on Morpheus. Some kind of first person inFamous thing using move controller. Priced at $199. Available by Spring 2016.
- "The next 20 games we are showing will all have Morpheus support" (cue montage of indie games such as Adrift).
- This next game will as well...Long "No Man's Sky Demo" ...will be out Holiday 2015
- Metal Gear Solid V
- GTA V DLC announcement
- Call of Duty Blops 3

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is probably going to be on the Sony stage.

I don't think Sony will have time for it, but there will have to be some Ubisoft presence there I guess, Maybe they'll show Rainbow Six.

I heard rumors that Riot games would be there this year to announce they are releasing league of legends for PS4 exclusively.

But idk, the hypes been dying down and the sources dont seem too reliable anymore.

Microsoft
- Assassins Creed Syndicate
- Tony Hawk 5
- Tomb Raider
- Forza 6
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- New Burnout Game!
- Gears of War

SONY
- Rachet and Clank
- Borderlands 3
- Metal Gear Solid V
- GTA V DLC announcement
- Call of Duty Blops 3

No Street Fighter V listed. Ono is super hyped about what they're putting together going by his twitter.

o_O

That would be...weird.

Back before the consoles launched there was a rumor that LoL would be a Xbox One game. I don't really see how it could work on consoles.

You're absolutely right. There are a lot of games that I really want to see.

I'm hoping that that they've given the players enough time to understand the basics if they give another live demo of SFV. I'm guessing it'll be Combofiend and Mike Ross again if they do it. Ono did recent mention that he was playing it at Capcom US, so maybe that's what they were doing.

I do agree that I don't expect to see much if any of AC at Sony's conference, assuming that they have the marketing rights for it. The gameplay for each AC game usually debuts at E3, but UBI already played that card with their reveal. It also doesn't have any sort of multipalyer function, so they can't even go with that. I could definitely it just being a UBI conference thing this time around.

I'll be happy with:

Gravity Rush Remaster & Gravity Rush 2 outed for PS4
Release dates for Rime, The Tomorrow Children and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Horizon from Guerrilla Games

thuway

I know I've said this before, but Sony really needs to pull back the curtain on what the first party is doing. I've never seen Sony so quiet. They have a stable of developers armed to the teeth with the most powerful current gen console. It's baffling they haven't pulled out the stops to show off just how far they can push the boundaries.

Microsoft has a rather predictable but stunning line up for this Fall. I've said it before, but it's their E3 to win if they deliver 5 minutes of footage of each of their exclusives in a wall to wall showing.

This E3 has the potential to be a classic battle, and that's the most exciting part. We know nothing about Sony, and Microsoft is saving everything for E3. What a time to be a onlooker.

delSai

I'm keeping my expectations for Sonys conference as low as possible. All i need to see is Let it Die trailer + release date, the same for Big Fest, that one was announced 2 years ago, it's time for an update. Announce Horizon and show a trailer for Street Fighter with a new stage and Alex being announced in it. I doubt that the first 2 games get mentioned tho.

I only play on Playstation, but my hopes for MS are high, they kicked ass last year.

It's baffling they haven't pulled out the stops to show off just how far they can push the boundaries.

People love to say the same thing about Nintendo, yet they get praise when they can randomly reveal games that are coming to their platforms on a relatively tight announcement-to-release window, like Super Mario 3D World or Fire Emblem if.

Sure, we still get major reveals that take a long-while to materialise (X or Zelda), but by and large, they're probably the best publisher at being "boom, gaemsgaemsgaems out of nowhere."

I am interested in what Sony will show. We basically know everything Microsoft is going to show bar the new IP and the indie titles.

Verendus

You mentioned some time ago that Suikoden was in the works in Konami but a long time before we hear anything. Do you think the game will be silently cancelled with the new direction the company is going?

Dude, don't even say this.

dawson-crying-ugly-amazing-gifs.gif

Servbot24

Banned
I know I've said this before, but Sony really needs to pull back the curtain on what the first party is doing. I've never seen Sony so quiet. They have a stable of developers armed to the teeth with the most powerful current gen console. It's baffling they haven't pulled out the stops to show off just how far they can push the boundaries.

Most games start out running at higher performance than when they release. If they are announced during that phase of development, #gamerjustice people will just cry out that Sony are dirty scamming liars for announcing games that early.

FluxWaveZ

Most games start out running at higher performance than when they release. If they are announced during that phase of development, #gamerjustice people will just cry out that Sony are dirty scamming liars for announcing games that early.

Really? As someone who worked in QA, I'm fairly sure it's usually the opposite.

I'll be happy with:

Gravity Rush Remaster & Gravity Rush 2 outed for PS4
Release dates for Rime, The Tomorrow Children and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Horizon from Guerrilla Games

I don't even know what I'd be happy with. I guess:

Horizon
Mirror's Edge 2 trailer (a proper one too, not just clips of gameplay like last year) and a release date
Bloodborne DLC
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided gameplay (a dramatic improvement in animations and voice acting would make me super excited)
A cool new indie showcase at Sony's conference, like 2013

I'm kinda interested in other stuff but I mainly just want some new, exciting games. They don't even have to be that new actually, just different. Like if Hitman went back and carried on where Blood Money left off, I'd be super interested.

Zukkoyaki

People love to say the same thing about Nintendo, yet they get praise when they can randomly reveal games that are coming to their platforms on a relatively tight announcement-to-release window, like Super Mario 3D World or Fire Emblem if.

Sure, we still get major reveals that take a long-while to materialise (X or Zelda), but by and large, they're probably the best publisher at being "boom, gaemsgaemsgaems out of nowhere."

I agree with everything here.

More Bloodborne and LBP3 style reveals like last year and less Uncharted 4's, Last Guardian, and Eight Days. I think revealing a game that's 2+ years away is a waste.

GeoramA

Microsoft has a rather predictable but stunning line up for this Fall. I've said it before, but it's their E3 to win if they deliver 5 minutes of footage of each of their exclusives in a wall to wall showing.

This E3 has the potential to be a classic battle, and that's the most exciting part. We know nothing about Sony, and Microsoft is saving everything for E3. What a time to be a onlooker.
PS4 is my go to multiplat/indie/Japanese games machine, so MS will have to deliver on the exclusives big time for me to even consider getting a XB1. Quantum Break and Crackdown are what I'm anticipating the most.

Hopefully Sony opens their show with a new game (Horizon pls) and ends with UC4 or GoW IV. If they open with CoD and end it with Battlefront, I'm not going to be happy.

dramatis

"Will be canceled"? The chances are it is already dead.

The alternative is mobile Suikoden game.

thuway

I've sat on this tidbit, but I'm kinda suprised no one has mentioned it in this thread:

John On Microsoft at E3 2015
Mielke told me they are going to get their balls kicked at E3.

Source: 8-4 Play 5/1/2015 1 hour 36 minutes 55 seconds start.

We need some better detective work GAF.

Servbot24

Banned
I've sat on this tidbit from listening to the podcast for a minute, but since I haven't read anything about in this thread- I'll put it here:

John On Microsoft at E3 2015

Source: 8-4 Play 5/1/2015 1 hour 36 minutes 55 seconds start.

We need some better detective work GAF.

MS will get kicked?

We pretty much know every MS will have while Sony is a mystery, so I suppose it's possible. But I doubt it.

thuway

日本の情報源を欠いています
仕方が無い

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just posting what I heard on the podcast. In any case, I'm still predicting an MS win, but my hype needle is up a few notches. :)

Demos are great but I've always felt a good E3 is mainly about the announcements of new games, which is where it looks like MS will be lacking. I'm predicting their announcements will be limited to Gears remaster and a new Rare game.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just posting what I heard on the podcast. In any case, I'm still predicting an MS win, but my hype needle is up a few notches. :)

How about you at least put my effort through Google Translate before responding?

I said "we lack Japanese sources, so it can't be helped."

I-hate-u

Do you remember the "we will kill Sony" quote from a MS employee before e3 2013? How did that turn out?

Demos are great but I've always felt a good E3 is mainly about the announcements of new games, which is where it looks like MS will be lacking. I'm predicting their announcements will be limited to Gears remaster and a new Rare game.

ehh, worst part of E3 for me is little CGI announcements for games that are 2+ years out. Give me something more real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom