• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fallout, Doom, Mass Effect, Mirrors Edge...you really think all of them at Sony's conference. I doubt it. EA and Bethesda have their own conferences and those would be their highlights.

Also, Tony Hawk at Microsoft, not likely either.

But I enjoyed the read, thanks!

Just trailers for Fallout, Mass Effect and Mirrors Edge 2. I think the actual gameplay demos will be shown at the respective publishers conferences.

The closest thing to a rumor would be if we assume that Bluepoint's March job listing was for Uncharted. It was for a "highly-acclaimed franchise on a current generation console". It was also apparently about a game that used a propriety engine. So it would fit.

Was that not God of War 3 HD? I just assumed it was Bluepoint working on that after it was revealed.

Gears remastered will be released during M$s conference.

Is it really necessary to write MS like that?

pretty sure Verendus said they have one more notable game with Capcom

So that would be:
Deep Down
Dragon's Dogma Online
Street Fighter V
Something else (Resi - unlikely, DMC - maybe, Monster Hunter - unlikely unless they can get the 3DS graphics engine running on PS4, Onimusha - probably dead, Dino Crisis - even deader || any other likely Capcom series I've missed?)

That's a lot of partnerships with Sony if true.

Ushiwaka

You just made me think Scalebound could be in a Phantom Dust situation and I hate you for it. :(

I don't think its gonna be like Phantom Dust, but I do kinda believe that MS made Scalebound's CG trailer just like they did for PD.

Still hoping Devil May Cry 5 shows up.

And Resident Evil 7.

I think DMC5 is more of a TGS game... I would be happy to see it at E3 though.

====

Now that Platinum is all exclusives, I would like to see a Sony partnership with them at E3. I know its unlikely, cause Sony relies more on its first party studios than third party collabs, but my PS4 is itching for some Platinum stuff...

Huggers

Wait, Sega have a Playstation exclusive being revealed? I knew nothing of this. So many potentially awesome things it could be

Jawmuncher

So that would be:
Deep Down
Dragon's Dogma Online
Street Fighter V
Something else (Resi - unlikely, DMC - maybe, Monster Hunter - unlikely unless they can get the 3DS graphics engine running on PS4, Onimusha - probably dead, Dino Crisis - even deader || any other likely Capcom series I've missed?)

Always bet on Dino Crisis

Don't know how I've managed to miss this. Is there any insight at all on what they might be?

he mentioned the sega exclusive(s) already in 2013

I had some second thoughts about doing this, but what the hell? I don't think it will matter if it's like this. Sony has exclusive games coming from the following:

- Sega
- Capcom
- Level-5
- Namco Bandai
- Lockstarter (lol)
- Lazyeye (lol)
- Warner Bros.
- Koei

Some others too but will not say those just yet. This isn't including partnerships which wouldn't really be third party. It's okay though guys, Sony doesn't have any money. Poor people for a reason. Lockstarter? Who has even heard of them? Exactly.

Having said that, the larger focus is on improving their first party teams and taking things from there.

Edit -

Someone in the list who shouldn't be. Removed for now...

Then in 2014 he said this

You're somewhat along the right tracks.

The Koei game referred to was Dragon Quest Heroes though, not what you've listed there. The Namco Bandai exclusives in the particular post you're pulling from are about PS4 Tales, Gundam (I actually know what this is), and one unannounced title. Most of the titles you've listed, I don't know. Except Godzilla since everyone loves him. The JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven game is also not part of that. I didn't learn of that one until early last year. I also don't think I will have spoke of that at any time except for whatever post The God managed to catch. I only remember it because I used to really like Power Stone, and I remember the crushing feeling of disappointment I felt. Although, the crushing part may be an exaggeration.

The Sega mention is about two projects, and one is in the latter list. That one's out of left field so I don't think anyone will catch it.

Capcom is spot on.

The rest I'm not going to comment on.

Looks like one of the exclusives will be a collaboration between Sony/Sega....the other one a third party exclusive

The God

So that would be:
Deep Down
Dragon's Dogma Online
Street Fighter V

Maybe it'll be a new IP.

The God

I'm guessing the Lockstarter thing was never a game from Rockstar but a different developer, or maybe it was but it's no longer a thing.

Well at least Sony didn't have a partnership exclusive with Konami.

lol...i have bad news for you

I can't wait to match my post to the 108 Stars of Destiny? It's fate Psycho.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

11. A new game which will be a pretty big deal, I'm sure.

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

FluxWaveZ

I Guess i can not fly to L.A
Living in Germany and it would cost a lot. I have to skip this year :(

That sucks. I assume you sent them a request for an invitation to see if you could get one or not? It's interesting that you could get in by handling a Twitter page.

Superman is a big property for WB and I can't see that game being exclusive to any platform. I can't think of any property, unless it's a new I.P, that would be exclusive to Sony.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Got my invite can't wait! Will be live tweeting, giving impressions, and taking requests in terms of photos/impressions when I go! So psyched.

farisr

Now there would be a controversial announcement right there. I'd got nuts for a DmC 2 though. That would easily make my day.

Let's go one step further

Imagine both dmc2 and DMC5 being announced, but dmc2 is multiplatform and DMC5 is playstation exclusive. That would be just.. yikes. Would make for some interesting reactions.

delSai

Superman is a big property for WB and I can't see that game being exclusive to any platform. I can't think of any property, unless it's a new I.P, that would be exclusive to Sony.

Suicide Squad, Superman and Injustice 2 all seem to big to be exclusive. No clue what it could be. Would love it to be a DC game tho.

Zia

Microsoft will have a really mainstream, Xbox-y conference full of stuff like Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty and Joe Madden's Football Shootout.

Nintendo will have a good presence and interesting content with absolutely no surprises.

Sony will show indie ports and Uncharted.

I meant 2 SEGA exclusives, sry :p

But that Warner Bros exclusive could be a Superman Game

I have a feeling that one of the Sega games is Virtua Fighter 6. I remember Verendus saying that a new Virtua Fighter is in development and I don't see Sega funding another big budget fighting game unless another company gets involved for funding.

With regards to Shenmue 3, I.......just don't see it happening. An open-world RPG with low mainstream appeal is very likely to be more expensive to fund with a bad return on investment than a fighting game like Virtua Fighter :(

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Microsoft will have a really mainstream, Xbox-y conference full of stuff like Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty and Joe Madden's Football Shootout.

Nintendo will have a good presence and interesting content with absolutely no surprises.

Sony will show indie ports and Uncharted.

I don't think so, I think sony is going to go all in on 3rd party co-marketing, which is disappointing if so. Again their list of projects in the works deserves a ton of attention, on top of that all that investment in morpheus and we have yet to see actual software outside of tech demos.

cornerman

I think its pretty clear how things are going to go as far as E3 goes.

MS in an effort to make a case for them being game focused after the TV focus backlash, showed a lot of CGI trailers for further distanced games. Those games are still for the most part distant, but now we'll get gameplay for them. Of course during the course of that time, some other studios have progressed a bit, so we'll see the new Rare IP and we'll get a look into how Black Tusk is going. They'll showcase a new indie title that they'll be supporting on the level of Ori. So folks looking for Scalebound, Gears 4, Halo 5, Fable, Forza, and Quantum Break news will be happy. E3 is MS's biggest event of the year, so their conference will pretty much represent everything they've got going on.

Sony, on the other hand, we know they divvy out announcements for multiple events outside just E3. So with Sony the expectation needs to be that you will see the entire picture over time across multiple events. Neither MS, nor Sony's approach is wrong...its just different. Given this line of reasoning, we can see that Sony announced a ton of software last year, keeping a good deal of their own first party titles behind the curtain. They've enjoyed a leadership position and they're first party titles have gotten some more time in the oven. Sony's got plenty of titles to showcase, the question on folks mind is when and where (E3, Paris, PSX). I think we see the biggest AAAs at E3. Depending on the quality of their 3rd party exclusives, they may let them serve as stand-ins for their titles (giving them even more time). Whether they have something for Fall is another question though. That's purely up to where devs are at with their projects.
Gamers are going to get their needs met overall.

MS:
Scalebound gameplay
Halo 5 gameplay
Gears Remaster gameplay
Gears 4 tease
Forza
Rare game
Tomb Raider
Fable Legends and maybe a peak at a smaller Lionhead title
Crackdown teaser
indies and smaller titles from their 1st party studios

(I think this will MS's strongest E3 this generation...subsequent E3s will be stagnant)

Sony:
Guerrilla's game for sure
Uncharted 4 gameplay or short gameplay trailer
Level 5 game
No Man's sky action gameplay
Morpheus titles (I think these are spread out over events as well; maybe MM if they're tied to Morpheus)
Ratchet teaser
indies and smaller titles from their partners
Sony Bend's game reveal
3rd party deals
3rd party timed exclusive

I think that's a close estimate of Sony's E3, with more games to come at subsequent events. There's still questions as to whether they'll have a Fall title to quell all this Holiday lineup debate.

jiggle

One of the sega game is probably miku arcade
That leaves virtual fighter for the other one
And no shenmue or SOA2 and VC4 :(

Salex_

I don't think so, I think sony is going to go all in on 3rd party co-marketing, which is disappointing if so. Again their list of projects in the works deserves a ton of attention, on top of that all that investment in morpheus and we have yet to see actual software outside of tech demos.

Why would they go all out on 3rd party co-marketing when they have a bunch of things that still needs to be shown for the first time or updated gamplay footage/trailer with the official release dates?

Gravity Rush 2, Rime, Drawn Together, Ratchet & Clank, Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded Uncharted 4, WiLD Persona 5, The Tomorrow Children, Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Level-5's new PS4 game, GG'S WRPG, Bend Studio's open world horror game, MM's new IP, etc.

Yeah, some of the unknown games may be revealed at one of the other events (random joint projects, GG, Bend, and maybe Gravity Rush 2) ,but they have more than enough to fill out a conference. The people expecting a bunch of co-marketing multiplats for most of the conference are ignoring everything just to say that.

A former member of the press and coworker of some very notable figures at SCE (Dan Shu, Nick Suttner, Shane Bettenhausen). Before you take his quote to the moon, I doubt he would know everything and I doubt he has any idea of what tricks Microsoft has up their sleeves.

I think Sony's may be pretty good depending on your interests.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Why would they go all out on 3rd party co-marketing when they have a bunch of things that still needs to be shown for the first time or updated gamplay footage/trailer with the official release dates?

Gravity Rush 2, Rime, Drawn Together, Ratchet & Clank, Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded Uncharted 4, WiLD Persona 5, The Tomorrow Children, Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Level-5's new PS4 game, GG'S WRPG, Bend Studio's open world horror game, MM's new IP, etc.

Yeah, some of the unknown games may be revealed at one of the other events (random joint projects, GG, Bend, and maybe Gravity Rush 2) ,but they have more than enough to fill out a conference. The people expecting a bunch of co-marketing multiplats for most of the conference are ignoring everything just to say that.

Uhh because it's been their strategy since the reveal? Watchdogs and Destiny dominated every event from the reveal on. Destiny has had major stage time at literally every reveal since it was announced. This one will be no different given their contract. If they went all out on Blops like the rumors say I don't see how they couldn't try to capitilize on that. That's been their strategy this time around unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom