• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wozzer

Kojima to take the stage and announce that he is the new president of Konami, and the last month has been an extensive hoax.

Sony to save their best for last, a climatic The Last Guardian trailer. The trailer ends with a release date 'on PSN now!'.

Microsoft surprises fans by first party reveals of a Conkers Bad Fur Day sequel, a non Fable Lionhead game, a platforming Banjo-Kazooie and the rebirth of Ensemble with Age of Empires 4 for Windows 10.

Nintendo reveal a 2D Metroid for 3DS, a 3D Metroid for WiiU and neither are by Retro, they instead reveal a trailer for an exciting new IP RPG for 2016.

Ubisoft have decided to stop making a twice yearly Assassin's Creed, instead focusing their entire development force to actually ship The Division in 2015.

Gaben takes the stage mysteriously, maybe even to the surprise of event organizers, at the close of the core conferences. Behind him the characters HL3 show to an eruption from the crowd. A trailer follows, which works cannot describe, with the closing remark 'available on Steam, for free, with paid mods, today!'.

.. It's going to be a good one this year folks.

Zukkoyaki

I hope Sony has a dedicated Japanese segment of their conference. Give us new trailers/demos of games like MGSV, FFXV, Persona, Dragon Quest Heroes, and Tekken 7 to help dispel the myth that Japanese console development is (completely) dead. It would be a tremendous feel good moment for a lot of gamers much like the indie segment at E3 2013 where they brough them all out at once.

Verendus

Banned
stop wasting your time here Verendus....You should go and save Kojima from that burning house.
Bring him to the Sony Side
27yrdvw.gif

You know, before E3 last year, I had a feeling that it wasn't going to be that big after 2013's insanity. This year, I really feel like that there are going to be a lot of exciting announcements.

Zukkoyaki

Do we even have dates for the conferences yet?

We know that Bethesda is Sunday the 14th, Square Enix is the 16th, and Ubisoft is supposedly the 15th.

If past years are anything to go by, it will look like

Sunday:
- Bethesda

Monday:
- 1st: Microsoft
- 2nd: EA
- 3rd: Ubisoft
- 4th: Sony

Tuesday:
- 1st: Nintendo Direct
- 2nd: Square Enix

Welfare

I am the most excited for this E3 than most, simply because of Bethesda.

Fallout 4
Elder Scrolls 6
Dishonored 2

Any of those will make me jump for joy and/or wet my pants. Elder Scrolls 6 would be a potential heart attack.

If I hear or see the words "Elder Scrolls 6" before Fallout 4 at E3 I'm gonna cry.

Eolz

I'm sure at 95% they won't announce Elder Scrolls 6 this year. Not when they want to promote ESO, and even less if they plan to announce Fallout 4 at the same time.

We know that Bethesda is Sunday the 14th, Square Enix is the 16th, and Ubisoft is supposedly the 15th.

If past years are anything to go by, it will look like

Sunday:
- Bethesda

Monday:
- 1st: Microsoft
- 2nd: EA
- 3rd: Ubisoft
- 4th: Sony

Tuesday:
- 1st: Nintendo Direct
- 2nd: Square Enix

Isn't S-E at 9AM? It's apparently at the same time as Nintendo last year, which would be a problem...

Lucreto

I'm sure at 95% they won't announce Elder Scrolls 6 this year. Not when they want to promote ESO, and even less if they plan to announce Fallout 4 at the same time.

Isn't S-E at 9AM? It's apparently at the same time as Nintendo last year, which would be a problem...

I am not expecting much from SE. I am expecting more of a roundtable than an actual conference. FF XV will have a small trailer and a Microsoft guy talking about Tomb Raider. 30 minute at most.

Liamc723

I am not expecting much from SE. I am expecting more of a roundtable than an actual conference. FF XV will have a small trailer and a Microsoft guy talking about Tomb Raider. 30 minute at most.

Nah, it's going to be a lot more than that. It's an actual conference.

Zukkoyaki

Is it? Huh, well I suppose it's possible that they may air at the same time. Wouldn't be too big a deal since the Directs (and conferences) are available for replay almost immediately.

Agreed.

I wouldn't anticipate many, if any big announcements. Regardless, they actually have a lot to talk about such as FFXV, Deus Ex, Bravely Second, Kingdom Hearts III, Tomb Raider, and Star Ocean.

I'm personally expecting the new Hitman to get announced along with probably another smaller project. Their show may end up being really good.

Liamc723

Agreed.

I wouldn't anticipate many, if any big announcements. Regardless, they actually have a lot to talk about such as FFXV, Deus Ex, Bravely Second, Kingdom Hearts III, Tomb Raider, and Star Ocean.

I'm personally expecting the new Hitman to get announced along with probably another smaller project. Their show may end up being really good.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a new Hitman game and FFXII HD at least.

Lucreto

I was expecting FF XV to take front and centre in the conference, followed by Tomb Raider which they are not even publishing this side of Christmas.

I know Deus ex, Hitman, and Just Cause 3 are also there along with the PS4 FF VII.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest I'm more excited by Bethesda and SE which are the new guys in E3 than Sony, MS, Nintendo, EA, and Ubisoft.

But then again, that's because I know what to expect. Surprises will be had.

Liamc723

I was expecting FF XV to take front and centre in the conference, followed by Tomb Raider which they are not even publishing this side of Christmas.

I know Deus ex, Hitman, and Just Cause 3 are also there along with the PS4 FF VII.

Rise Of The Tomb Raider is planned to be released this year.

Sarobi

Banned
Is it weird that I'm not expecting much from this years E3? I'm expecting a decent showing between both Microsoft and Sony, but nothing big.

Papacheeks

Banned
Is it weird that I'm not expecting much from this years E3? I'm expecting a decent showing between both Microsoft and Sony, but nothing big.

Yes!

This E3 will be huge, a lot of projects and IP's weren't ready to show last year.

So we will see gameplay from ones announced, and ones that will be seeing for the first time.

RootCause

Bethesda
-Fallout 4
-Skyrim HD

Microsoft
-Halo 5
-Gears of War Remake
-KI
-Scalebound(?)
-Tomb Raider
-New IP

Sony
-God of War 3 HD
-God of War 4 teaser
-Bloodborne dlc
-Uncharted HD Collection
-Uncharted 4
-TLOU 2 teaser
-Tearaway
-GG RPG FPS
-LBP 3 dlc
-DriveClub dlc, and PS+ update
-Infamous teaser
-indies

Nintendo
-Amiibo
-MK8 dlc
-Hyrule Warriors dlc
-SSB dlc
-Yoshi Wally wool(?)
-Splatoon
-Xenoblade
-StarFox
-FireEmblem
-Metroid

Ubisoft
-Assassins Creed Victory
-Assassins Creed Rogue HD
-Mobile Games
-The Crew
-The Division
-Watch Dogs 2
-Splinter Cell
-Just Dance

EA
-UFC
-NBA Live
-Madden
-FiFA
-Dead Space

FluxWaveZ

All I'd need would be Persona 5 for it to be big. This E3's going to be interesting no matter what, though, as the second year for the PS4 and Xbox One, now that they're fairly established.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Believe. PT 2 will be on PSN.

The new AC will be revealed and we'll all get to see more of Kingdom Hearts 3. I have no idea because this year could be a mess. I'm hoping we get a new Fallout or TES.

Not really predictions, but just what I want personally.

MS:
More Halo 5 goodness
Gears of War goodness
Crackdown goodness
Banjo Threeie
New IP
Age of Empires IV :(

Nintendo:
Animal Crossing U reveal
New Metroid game reveal
Mario 128 announcement

Blizzard:
Next WoW Expansion info
New project

I could see it now. It's the second morning of E3, the Nintendo Direct comes on 45 minutes later no announcement of Metroid because it's in early development at most right now. Gaf freaks out. Popcorn is had, fun times.

I hope Sony has a dedicated Japanese segment of their conference. Give us new trailers/demos of games like MGSV, FFXV, Persona, Dragon Quest Heroes, and Tekken 7 to help dispel the myth that Japanese console development is (completely) dead. It would be a tremendous feel good moment for a lot of gamers much like the indie segment at E3 2013 where they brough them all out at once.

Wait till September.

So, 30 minutes to talk and show:
- FFXV short trailer
- Deus Ex
- Just Cause 3
- MS guy talking Tomb Raider
- Nosgoth
- Hitman
- some smaller stuff like Life is Strange, mobile games,etc

okay.jpg

GopherD

Any insider on GAF, time to start the E3 2015 Teasing ?

There will be tears and gnashing of teeth.
GAF will both love and hate EA.
Ubisoft will continue to Ubisoft us all.
Sony has several nice montages. And hats.
MS realises that runner up medals don't please investors. Or publishers.
There will be more colours than brown, blue or orange.

MattyG

Banned
Bish, I think we need you to vet this guy if he's gonna be dropping bombs like this.

Chobel

What about Bethesda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom