I very recently sold a load of finished and/or unloved PS4 games and raised some cash for a Switch. My first hope is I don't regret this purchase before it's even arrived...
Ports of essential Wii U games - Smash, Mario 3D World (unlikely due to Odyssey but still...) and Mario Maker. A proper Pokemon.
I would also love a new Metroid. Not a Prime, a classic 2D Metroid in the style of Super Metroid or the GBA game.
Meanwhile on my main format of choice, the PS4:
A Demon's Souls remaster (or 'collection' with Dark Souls 1) would be amazing.
Looking forward to seeing RDR2, GoW and Death Stranding. Sony has a tendency of introducing me to a load of exciting new games I didn't even know I wanted each year, so hoping this is no exception and the conference isn't drowning in third party deal bollocks like Destiny, Battlefront and CoD...
I also really want a new Rocksmith. 2014 is feeling clunky and I've had persistent sound issues on PS4 - time for a new version (this is doubtful however due to Ubi SF making the utterly pointless Stick of Truth sequel).
I'm curious to see Scorpio in a 'see where the industry is heading' kinda way, but won't be buying it
Might as well post this here so I can refer back to it when all my dreams (or expectations) are shattered:
- Remasters of games I haven't had the chance to play yet or don't have the means to play, on PS4: Demons' Souls, Dark Souls 1, NieR, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, Persona 3+4, Platinum games with recent or upcoming PC releases including Bayonetta and Vanquish
- Devil May Cry 5, directed by Hideaki Itsuno
- A new dark fantasy IP from FromSoft
- Some new, interesting IPs and not just iterative sequels
- Sony pulls another Death Stranding to order a first-party exclusive from Hideki Kamiya, possibly a retooling of the original idea behind ScaleBound to match Kamiya's artistic vision
- RE2make footage
- Capcom revives Darkstalkers and doesn't fuck it up
- Nintendo pulls their head out of their ass and unveils a new Metroid game that actually looks and feels like Metroid
- Sly Reboot (Nope, but were getting an animated show -_-)
- From/JP Studio New IP (Nada)
- Switch VC with GC games (T_T)
- inFamous Collection for PS4 by Bluepoint or inFamous 5 (Nope, but at least we know what Bluepoint has been doing)
- Harry Potter RPG (The Dream will live on)
- James Bond game (Close, Dat Telltale leak though)
- Super Smash Bros Switch Spring 2018 (It'll happen eventually)
- Detroit in August/GOW in March (Detroit in 2018 and GOW could be earlier than March)
- Spyro Trilogy (Someday...)
Yeah, and I've seen more positive writeups about the E3 demos than negative. That's not counting the more "I dunno yet..." reactions from sites like Destructoid, which seem cautiously optimistic but are definitely not sold yet.