• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-EA] EA PLAY Press Conference E3 2018 June 9 (complete, rate it!)

EA Conference - Rate it

• A

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • B

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • C

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • D

Votes: 34 18.9%
  • F

Votes: 45 25.0%
  • (asleep)

Votes: 72 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MayauMiao

When you coupled what looks to be a generic shooter with the writer of Andromeda, you know Anthem is poised to be another big fail for EA.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The problem with type of games try have both MP and SP combined is that it would most likely have halfass SP and MP which same problem Destiny had.

Anthem looks really generic over the shoulder shooter. What a disappointment.

Can you imagine how baller it would be if you took those generic looking mech suits and swapped one of them for a hulkbuster suit with a fight against the Hulk? Even the multiplayer potential would be phenomenal with a 1v1 match with Hulk vs Iron Man.

People would go bananas if they could play that in a video game if it was done right.

Last edited:

Codes 208

SHit, I just realized. Titanfall 3 was put on the backburner for this cringey reveal shit. Fuck.

And no good surprise reveals like Garden Warfare 3 or anything.

This show sucked. Someone throw EA into the lobby. They can take the spot Ouya had a few years ago.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Can you imagine how baller it would be if you took those generic looking mech suits and swapped one of them for a hulkbuster suit with a fight against the Hulk? Even the multiplayer potential would be phenomenal with a 1v1 match with Hulk vs Iron Man.

People would go bananas if they could play that in a video game if it was done right.

In the hands of great developer, sure.

Gold_Loot

Well, I want Anthem to be good , but I’ll reserve any hype.

The only other games that looked interesting were Unraveled, and Sea of Sanctuary.

Overall a terrible show.

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Anthem almost looks like a concept more than a fleshed out game. Like if somebody said "wouldn't it be cool if you could play as Iron Man/use an exo-suit"...and then that was it...

Last edited:

Joe T.

I liked the fact that they made Unravel 2 available the same day they announced it, a real rarity in this business, and thought Sea of Solitude looked like an interesting, original title, probably the best part about their conference today in my mind, but spending so much time showing off a mobile game, even if it's from a popular franchise, and what was a rather brain-dead example of gameplay from Anthem didn't do them any favors. I'm not sure how I feel about the Star Wars news not having taken the plunge on Battlefront II myself, though I imagine it'll make its fans happy.

Paasei

A mobile game with the most screen time gameplay wise. I actually expected the EA show to to be terrible, but this was an all time low. Anthem gameplay? Some flying around and when something interesting was about to happen (the boss fight) it stopped, rofl. 3 NEW games that consisted of 2 indie games (not necessarily bad, but come on....) and a fucking mobile game.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Sea of Solitude is the one and only good thing i've seen during this conference, everything else can fuck right off and especialy Anthem with the same people (except Casey) who made and wrote Andromeda - epic fail! Oh and.... years of story content for Anthem? Fuuuuuuuck oooooofff!

Last edited:

Codes 208

Unravel 2 was the only interesting game to me. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one. But thats no excuse for this shitshow.

Graven

I really liked Anthem, seems fun to play and it's very beautiful as well, whoever, will wait to see how the final product will turn out.

Zannegan

What are you referencing here bud?
During that awkward interview/announcement, Vince Z. said something along the lines of "the teams are working really hard, we've got a lot of great stuff to show you." I guess you could read that as multiple teams are assisting on their Star Wars game, but it struck me as their two teams are making progress on their two (or more) projects. Probably just wishful thinking.

Codes 208

I just realized. We should've seen the BFV reveal as a red flag for this event. I was bored then, and Im super bored now.

Vlightray

Fuck EA the sooner them and the devs that work for them close the sooner the gaming industry can improve. Andrew lying asshole about how they care. Feel bad for Unravels Dev need to go somewhere else.

StNYqxKyHAUuJdVicTACu9-650-80.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Codes 208

Fuck EA the sooner them and the devs that work for them close the sooner the gaming industry can improve. Andrew lying asshole about how they care. Feel bad for Unravels Dev need to go somewhere else.
I dont agree. I hate EA with a burning passion but devs like Dice, Respawn and Bioware shouldnt go out of business just because their publisher is a group of highty tighty suit shits. I'd rather see them sold off rather than downright closed

Last edited:
I'd be up for a decent coop shooter in a persistent world but from the setting to the writing, Anthem looks really generic. I mean, if one of your selling points is this:

"Weather and day/night time will be shared between players" and "The game has storms and seasons"

Then you really have nothing interesting to say about the game. The looping concept art, the scripted gameplay and the meaningless babble made the whole presentation feel kinda hollow and devoid of any enthusiasm. Looks like BioWare keeps going down the path of ME: Andromeda.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Anthem looked really boring. What a disappointment. I was excited about it during the first reveal but this was just so... so bland and dull. I felt nothing for it. No emotional investment whatsoever. E3 is not off to a great start.

I don’t think Anthem looks dull. I think it looks ok. The problem is how they are lying through their teeth on how they are using story to drive the game.

They literally used their hyperbole to describe Warframe and Destiny.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Anthem also borrows a lot from Andromeda's combat system which was the best part of this game. Other than that... Destiny, i've seen this from a few million parsecs away last year. But worse than that, BioWare also working on another Dragon Age about which i also don't give a shit and so there's already 2 BioWare games i don't give a shit about, damn, never thought that i'll say that... like, never. FUCK EA!

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Going into the EA conference I was quite optimising since I expected good showings from both Battlefield V and Anthem and was really excited to see the Respawn Star Wars game, yet somehow EA managed to deliver the most underwhelming conference that I've seen in years.

I'm still confident that there's a good game coming in Battlefield V but that trailer was really underwhelming. They should have shown a full multiplayer game and a cool highlight reel of those epic 'Battlefield' multiplayer moments.

Respawn should have shown off some concept art, a logo and maybe a brief CGI teaser, just anything more than we got... That was such a anticlimatic and embarrassing way to announce what should be an exciting game with lots of potential.

Anthem at least got a decent showing and it looks...ok? I guess? I'm sure it will be a competent enough Destiny clone with cool flying mechanics but they didn't really show off the most exciting footage of the game. There really wasn't anything in this EA conference that delivered a truly 'wow' moment.

Incredibly underwhelming.

Codes 208

I'm still confident that there's a good game coming in Battlefield V but that trailer was really underwhelming. They should have shown a full multiplayer game and a cool highlight reel of those epic 'Battlefield' multiplayer moments.
You may still get that, you'll just need to watch the xbox conference tomorrow.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Respawn should have shown off some concept art, a logo and maybe a brief CGI teaser, just anything more than we got... That was such a anticlimatic and embarrassing way to announce what should be an exciting game with lots of potential.
At least we know that it'll be a game about jedi and lightsabers and thank fuck for that cuz we haven't seen one since TFU2. Really looking forward to play and see this game in action, If anyone can do it, it's Respawn... at this point, cuz Visceral is no more.

Last edited:
Idk. I enjoy watching a good train wreck. So I was entertained.

Every now and then you need a Giant Enemy Crab to appreciate how much tomfoolery goes into a bad conference like this.

Dunki

When a game from a small indy studio in Berlin gets more screentime than their biggest horse which is battlefield then there is something really wrong here. S.O.S was niice do not get me wrong but the ratio compared to the other games was insane.

Also they had nothing and gave battlefiled to MS....

Last edited:
Top Bottom