• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 hype level check!

Doubt it, they understand this will be an opportunity to try to slow down if not kill MS and Nintendos momentum.

Expect bombs.
They're not stopping Nintendos momentum lol. Nintendo is going to have a great E3. You cant even comment on Sonys E3 without a mutltitude of people getting on you, but you say something about MS or Nintendos E3 and nobody says a word.

Sony had great E3's the past two years. 2015 to me was much better than 2016. MS has had good E3's the last couple of years.

Sony had great E3's the past two years. 2015 to me was much better than 2016. MS has had good E3's the last couple of years.
Sony E3 2016 had the best pacing I have ever seen in a E3 conference and the content was great.

Even though I consider Sony E3 2015 to be one of the greats, I can't consider it much better than 2016.

After Arkham Knight, I'm going to need to be really impressed to dive in.

Josh7289

My hype is absent. I'm pretty much content with the way things are. But by the time we get closer to E3 I'll probably be wondering what's coming next for Switch, so it'll be nice to find that out at least.

Sony E3 2016 had the best pacing I have ever seen in a E3 conference and the content was great.

Even though I consider Sony E3 2015 to be one of the greats, I can't consider it much better than 2016.

After Arkham Knight, I'm going to need to be really impressed to dive in.

For me it had more to do with the content. The pacing was great for both E3's, but 2015s content appealed to me more than 2016.

Trago

The big three and their big AAA first party announcements are what I'm looking forward to. I want out of nowhere surprises.

I'm excited, I always have my friends come over and watch the press conferences. Can't wait to hear from Nintendo and Sony. But I wanna see more Sea of Thieves gameplay!

h0mebas3

Hype train in full effect. Looking for news on:

PS4
Spiderman
Hellsblade
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite
Code Vein

Switch
Smash Bros
Metroid
Sonic

What am I missing?

Me I have never been more hyped for a E3. Unexpectedly though I'm least hyped for microsofts conference even tho I'm a huge Xbox fan boy. They just don't have a lot of games in the pipeline, but with the Scorpio reveal they can sure as hell surprise me :)

We don' t know and wont know whats actually in the pipeline until E3 it's possible they have been holding off for E3.

I am super excited for E3, the most i have ever been since im finally going :D

DJIzana

I think I'm most excited for Nintendo because they have the most to prove with the Switch launch and the sales they're expecting (and from the games we already know about).

Sony... I'm not sure. I have a feeling this will be very western focused. More details about God of War and Days Gone and Spider Man, probably some other first party surprises. Not sure what to expect from their 3rd party devs this year though.

Square Enix... the wild card, honestly. I feel like FFXV DLC and more FFXIV Stormblood content is inevitable and that kind of sucks. I've seen enough and I am already sold on both dlc / expansion. Seeing more DQXI, KH3 or FF7 Remake, while nice, would also be somewhat snoozefest as its games we know about. I want to be surprised... especially when it comes to E3. They could also be more western focused this year too.

Gah... so many unknowns!

Chibot

I've already started thinking about what Nintendo is cooking up, so my level is a little higher than ususal at this point. I'm expecting a lot this year and I think they'll actually deliver this time.

Not all that hyped at all. No leaks seem to hint at anything big yet.

Curious to see where Nintendo pushes the Switch after a pretty bare bones launch. This is where I am most looking forward to at E3 since I shat on the Wii U hard when they revealed it but I see Switch is in a much better position since it's safer design over a 2 screen UI/map companion that was the Wii U.

For Sony, ehhh I guess it would be interesting to see where they go with God of War combat/mechanics compared to the older games which to me were boring so this new direction is exciting to see them go with the series and Death Stranding gameplay? lol.

MS? Don't care about Scorpio, rather play on PC and it's nice to know their games are all on W10 should I be interested enough to try since they got self serve refunds.

weekev

Banned
I'm getting a plan in place this year. First big leak I'm going on media blackout until Nintendos conference then when I watch it I won't be disappointed that Snake actually isn't in Smash and I'll be happy with my Mario Galaxy remastered double pack being the only significant Switch announcement.

Oneself

I'm always hyped for E3 and this year is no exception. Sony won't show or talk about new hardware so they have to deliver the games, big time!! And for years now, they've delivered.

Jumeira

Banned
MS should have a spectacular E3 if they pull off Scorpio, by that sounds of it they will.

Nintendo, i guess there's Mario Odyssey? Can't think of anything noteworthy outside of that (don't care for Arms) and Sony have Shenmue 3 but not really interested in much else from them either. I am interested in 3rd party games this year though!

Cannot wait for some Red Dead, Battlefront 2 and perhaps a new Assassins Creed.

gogojira

Most hyped in years, honestly. Nintendo should hopefully have some nice unveils and Microsoft is bringing Scorpio. I'm excited for Sony, too, just not sure what to expect!

Should be a good year.

MS will be all guns blazing with the Scorpio and trying to really turn Xbox around

And Nintendo at the very least should have a decent amount of games even of half of them just feel like reworked Wii U games. The should have a decent library around the big mega games like Mario and Smash which is something Nintendo always struggled with.

And Sony might have actual release dates for the stuff the announced last year.

AniHawk

i'm excited for sony's because they're probably saving up on their vr stuff for a huge second wave of exciting new titles.

Not all that hyped at all. No leaks seem to hint at anything big yet.

Curious to see where Nintendo pushes the Switch after a pretty bare bones launch. This is where I am most looking forward to at E3 since I shat on the Wii U hard when they revealed it but I see Switch is in a much better position since it's safer design over a 2 screen UI/map companion that was the Wii U.

For Sony, ehhh I guess it would be interesting to see where they go with God of War combat/mechanics compared to the older games which to me were boring so this new direction is exciting to see them go with the series and Death Stranding gameplay? lol.

MS? Don't care about Scorpio, rather play on PC and it's nice to know their games are all on W10 should I be interested enough to try since they got self serve refunds.

are you saying there are no leaks so theres not much to speculate about or there are no leaks so there must not be anything big happening?

Should be a good year.

MS will be all guns blazing with the Scorpio and trying to really turn Xbox around

And Nintendo at the very least should have a decent amount of games even of half of them just feel like reworked Wii U games.

And Sony might have actual release dates for the stuff the announced the year.
lol

joecanada

Hype is 1 . Most announcement I find are for games that don't come out for like a year. That and I gave up preordering games ages ago .

Gaf usually helps me get somewhat hyped though

are you saying there are no leaks so theres not much to speculate about or there are no leaks so there must not be anything big happening?

I'm just trying to keep my expectations low and hope to be blown away with something cool at E3. Makes it more fun. I want more surprises like when RE7 was revealed when I thought that VR demo was just a PT spin off.

Compsiox

Banned
I'm always hyped for E3 and this year is no exception. Sony won't show or talk about new hardware so they have to deliver the games, big time!! And for years now, they've delivered.

Sony announces the PS4 Pro Omega. Only announces 2 new games.

fatherKratos

Neo Member
For the first time excited for all the big 3.
From Sony, cant wait to see more of GOW, Spider Man, Days Gone, Ni No Kuni 2, hopefully with release dates...another glimpse of Death Stranding that will lead to so many dissection videos on Youtube trying to make some sense of what it means...then Sucker Punch's new IP reveal....any other surprises...so much to look forward to & this dsnt include dreams, Uncharted dlc, detroit, gt6....

Then looking forward to the games coming from Nintendo, just looking for an excuse to buy switch :)

What a conf they had last year...even though i'm sure this year's conf would be gr8 too...but i doubt that it can beat last year's PC.

silva1991

Not hyped in the slightest. Only interested in Sony and Nintendo and just curious about MS.

Sony as usual will announce new games that will only be released 2 years from announcement. it's hard to be excited for those anymore.

Tickets locked in for E3, EA Play, MS Conference...*Sony Conference pending.*

Hype level: Medium.

Once Sony Conference is locked in hype will rise to HIGH as it's always the best one with the best venue.

Jigorath

Banned
The only new announcement I want is Devil May Cry 5. Hopefully with a 2017 release date.

I'd also like to see more of Spider-Man and Red Dead 3.

Hype levels: Medium boil

I have a PS4Pro, so I'm in for just about any interesting thing Sony has to show me. Sucker Punch's new IP, Spiderman, God of War, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, etc. Heck, I'm even curious about Death Stranding. Still need to get NIOH and Gravity Rush 2 and I haven't even pushed past maybe 12 hours of Horizon (too much life stuff ATM). I have games for days on PS4 and so I'm pretty satisfied.

Microsoft has a lot to prove this E3. They're coming across as hungry and that's a good thing, but their 1st party stable is small and I'm curious to see just how desperate they are to really right the ship. Scorpio will be the best place for 3rd party games, that much we know, but PS4 is entrenched worldwide. They'll need more than just power to move buyers. As someone who now plays Xbox games on PC (and still finds it a hassle, despite having stronger hardware), I'm not averse to diving back into an Xbox console, but the value proposition has to be there.

Nintendo is in a good place, I feel. Zelda's solid, Mario Kart is solid, the console itself seems good and they've got good content. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy one, but we'll see what they show off this E3.

BriGuy

Nothing left to be hyped for. All the big games I was anticipating have released, we just got a new Nintendo console, and I couldn't give a crap less about a mid-generation system refresh. I've got a big ass backlog to get through though, so there's that at least.

I'd burst into flames if I was any more hyped for Nintendo's conference. It's Switch's time to shine. There damn well better be Virtual Console at E3 or I'm drowning my Switch in a lake.
/s

The only other one I'm interested in watching live is Sony's conference. MS I'm sort of curious about, but not hyped for at all. If Bethesda comes back I won't care much for that one either, save for maybe some new info on Wolfenstein.

EA and Ubisoft.... Yeah, I'll just pass on those and watch the inevitable Battlefront 2 trailer later.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm okay, actually. The only things I want at this point are either already coming or are too supremely niche to ever happen, let alone happen at E3.

Top Bottom