• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 hype level check!

Slashlen

I'm looking forward to it, but I wouldn't say I'm hyped. It seems like a lot of teams who'd make something I'm interested in already have a game announced or just released something. I'm expecting few, if any megatons. I'm mostly expecting updates on things I'm already looking forward to, but that very little will be ready anytime soon.

wapplew

Pretty low, almost none.
Too much games to play, no time for the future. Will have fun watch it with EZA tho.

sleepnaught

Hyped for whatever Nintendo has in store for us. If that doesn't excite, I'm ready to jump off the gaming hobby train as nothing else has excited me at all for a very long time.

NolbertoS

I'm hyped this year like the Wii reveal back in 2006?? Nintendo has somuch positivity and raking in money that they now have the floor's attention at E3 2017 moreso than sony and ms, and its been so long sincr Nintendo garnered so much press demand. I expect a live E3 conferencr this year from them, maybe even show a montage of Satoru Iwata helping out with the Switch concept as a tribute to his on hand approach. Sony I'm lukewarm on their conference. Been burned out from playing Uncharted, GOw, TLOU, etc. Need something quirky and just different to captivate me now. MS, well it seems they have really fallen off the radar in news. The Switch news took their Scorpio thunder that now it looks like they can't amaze at E3 anymore unless they announce aomethimg totally outta the ballpark like restarting Scalebound, a new Mistwalker game or Itagaki making an action game for them. They need aomethjng bad to stay relevent.

hatchx

Banned
Wow less than two months to go!

I'll probably start choo-choo-ing closer to June.

I feel like I'm still coming down off of Zelda:BoTW hype. It was basically my most hyped game for 4 years and it completely delivered being probably my favourite game ever. So, I'm not exactly sure what being 'excited' is anymore. Strange times.

AudioEppa

For some odd reason this year has me more hyped then the last few years. I feel like a lot of people are down playing Sony's show and that might be perfect setup for them to catch everybody (outside) off guard with some unexpected bombs. I could easily be wrong. I guess we'll find out in the upcoming weeks.

Btw. I love my tag :)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Honestly? I'm really not very hyped at all. I'm sure it'll be great, and I'm sure Nintendo's going to killlll it, but... well, frankly, I'm so inundated with great stuff to play right now that it's kinda... not top of mind. Which is a great problem to have.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm always excited for E3. If anything, it's because Giant Bomb puts out 20+ hours of content that week.

Also, I'm extremely curious what MS has in store.

Harusame

Definitely looking forward to watching all the presentations for this year's E3, especially PlayStation's and Nintendo's. Hopefully I can attend the PlayStation Experience this year and get some more friends to join me.

tsundoku

played botw ffxv nier gravrush2 lastguardian and playing persona5 and splatoon2 comes out in a few months. not sure what there even is to be hype about at e3 unless they announce ep1 of ffxv-2(ffvii remake) for holiday

DMONKUMA

I imagine if there was any salt involve for Nintendo's conference/direct most of it won't be from a exclusive game revealed. It's gonna be from the reveal of another Donkey Kong by Retro.

Looking forward to Scorpio primarily and hopefully Switch VC news. Would also love to see a PS4 Pro hardware revision.

Not to mention Destiny 2, RDR 2, and hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 and whatever From is working on. Fucking pumped for these games even though it may be a while until release for some.

I wasn't hyped until I ultimately decided I'll pick up a Scorpio. I'm upgrading my tv, sound system and building a media room, so hopefully this justifies it lol.

tsundoku

GAF gonna crash if the Smash logo appears on the screen
Only if they add something appreciable like Ashley or Pichu

but theyve already shown they can fuck up characters that should be absurdly hype like Plautena and Dark Pit being terrible / a clone of a terrible moveset or with characters like Cloud / Bayo being fucked broken and ruining whatever tenuous meta the game had.

So if they add a great great new character pull like spear waddle dee or bomberman or ashley or bring back pichu etc they're going to be absolutely terrible or absolutely balance shattering.

Gator86

Nada, zilch..

E3 just isnt fun for me anymore.

Yeah, I don't think I care anymore. I didn't watch most of last year for the first time. Just give me a summary of game announcements for each day and I'm good. Zero shits about the terrible stage shows and all the time-wasting developers looking at screens montages.

Well, I'd actually say im excited for the announcements but apathetic as fuck about the show. The faster it comes and goes, the faster we get to the games.

Coda

I'm cautiously optimistic, not too sure how many game announcements I'll see that will excite me, but I'm usually pleasantly surprised. It will be good to see more of MvC Infinite too and footage of an actual match.

bunkitz

Every month, I always think of how we're another month closer to E3, so yeah, I'm pretty excited. But I'm not too excited because I can't really imagine Sony topping last year's show. I'm looking forward to hearing about the Scorpio too, though. Hopefully, Microsoft will have some surprises in store for us all. Like, maybe some, I don't know, games. Nintendo's gonna be really interesting too because of the Switch, and I'm excited to see what other games they've got in store for the new console.

Hopefully, we'll see more footage of God of War and Spider-Man, as those are still my two most anticipated games at the moment. Looking forward to Destiny 2 and Red Dead Redemption as well.
It would also be really nice to see something for Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III.

Mostly excited for Nintendo. I really want to see what's in the Switch's future.

I'd be really happy with a new Animal Crossing and a Smash Bros port. And Monster Hunter. And Retros new game. And more info about the Virtual Console. And Pokemon Star since I haven't played Sun/Moon yet.

Marceles

Not really all that hyped:

Nintendo: Mostly interested in what their new online network plans are and what unannounced games are coming

Sony: I really don't know what to expect, mostly looking for a Kingdom Hearts 3 release date from Square, more info about Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, and maybe more details on The Last of Us: Part 2

Microsoft: Not really hyped for Scorpio after Xbox Anywhere was announced, but I want to see what incentives are given for purchasing one....even though I'll probably end up getting one anyway just to have

Devil May Cry 5 announcement (even if that's likely reserved for the TGC) and Total Warhammer 2 info dump please please PLEASE!

Also hoping for Sony to drop more 2015 level bombshells.

Mett

For me personally, it will have to be a bit closer to E3 for me to get hyped. That time when rumors start to fly on what may be shown. Still hoping for Shenmue 1 and 2 HD though.

Never had so little hype actually

A Skate4 announcement or Metal gear rising port would be nice

Also Need för speed 2018 will be nice to see

pbayne

Not too hyped. Swimming in games atm, don't really need more lol.

Im vaguely interested to see what Nintendo is cooking up even though i have zero intentions of getting a switch anytime soon.

Hjod

Banned
I'm more hyped for Giant Bombs coverage to be honest. Not so hyped for the conzole warz that will go down on GAF the week after, or am I, can't really decide.

Top Bottom