• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3: Kojima Announcing 2 Games, MGS5?

duckroll

Solidsnakejej said:
Isn't PSM3 that magazine that lied about ZOE3 awhile back?

I think every single print and online publication has lied about ZoE3 at some point in history. Everyone is delusional about how the game should happen. Except it shouldn't, because it's a bomba series that would just lose Konami money, and Konami doesn't really have many games making money for them any more, so why would they want to lose money to make some silly fans happy?

Stitch

Gold Member
Jason's Ultimatum said:
What other stealth games beside Splinter Cell are there this generation?
well there's hitman blood money. the best stealth game til hitman 5 get's released.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nirolak said:
Presumably they mean Peace Walker.

vqsfaw.jpg
Yeah i know, but people should really stop calling Peace Walker, MGS5. There is a reason Kojima Productions erased the "5" from the title.

duckroll

Sn4ke_911 said:
Yeah i know, but people should really stop calling Peace Walker, MGS5. There is a reason Kojima Productions erased the "5" from the title.

You should really stop telling me what I should or should not do.

ultron87

Dibbz said:
Trophies for MGS4

If they announced this 3 years after the game came out it'd be one of the funniest things ever.

Maybe they're going to just troll everyone and it is a stand alone version of Metal Gear Online.

V_Ben said:
HD Collection for PS3 then, and perhaps PS3/NGP MGS5 then. Perhaps.

this would be awesome if they had said existing games.

I could see using twin snakes assets for MGS1 and putting out a hi-res MGS2 and 3 for a quick buck. Get on it Konami! Everyone knows you need the money

V_Ben

Banned
Manmademan said:
this would be awesome if they had said existing games.

I could see using twin snakes assets for MGS1 and putting out a hi-res MGS2 and 3 for a quick buck. Get on it Konami! Everyone knows you need the money

Good point. Perhaps Move support for Rising then?

Sn4ke_911

I bet one of the Announcements is the MGS HD collection.

angelfly

ZOE3
Lunar Knights for consoles w/ wireless solar panel

Those are the only two I want to see from you Kojima and after that you can continue to milk MGS for all it's worth.

The next console MGS will be MGS5 if it continues the current continuity. Peace Walker was awesome and could have been MGS5, but in the end that's not what it was called, so I don't see it being an issue.

I'd love to see a HD version of PW released on PSN, However, I wouldn't consider it to be a big announcement at this point. Hopefully we'll see MGS5 and maybe a sequel to Snatcher or ideally a new IP.

Pooya

quasi-logical step could be MGS4Sub :p , it really needs it although it's 3 yo. I don't think they would announce a console MGS before Rising is out unless Rising is turned into MGS5 that is.

lupinko

Mama Robotnik said:
I don't think we need a Metal Gear Solid 5. That last game failed in achieving many expectations and was pretty damn boring in a lot of places.

MGS5 didn't just bring closure to the story, it sealed the story's legs in concrete and tipped it into the oceanic moon of Europa. What more needs to be said?

Kojima - lets see your talent directed into something else!

What are you talking about, Peace Walker was an amazing game.

ezekial45

Banned
I hope the next MGS title does have some peace walker influences. If you can get around the controls, then the game is absolutely fantastic. So much to do, and so many items and gear to acquire.

In fact, i hope they release an update for Peace Walker that allows it to use the NGP controls once that comes out. That would make it even better.

duckroll

ezekial45 said:
I hope the next MGS title does have some peace walker influences. If you can get around the controls, then the game is absolutely fantastic. So much to do, and so many items and gear to acquire.

The next MGS title that will be released is already confirmed to have Peace Walker influences, controls, and some systems. That game is MGS3D. :p

ezekial45

Banned
duckroll said:
The next MGS title that will be released is already confirmed to have Peace Walker influences, controls, and some systems. That game is MGS3D. :p

Oh, well good then.

Anyway, i hope that the other game is ZOE3.

lupinko

ezekial45 said:
In fact, i hope they release an update for Peace Walker that allows it to use the NGP controls once that comes out. That would make it even better.

Unless you're talking about using the touch controls of NGP, all PSN PSP games can be customized ala PSN PSone games on NGP, i.e. dpad can be remapped to secondary analog.

This was demonstrated during the PlayStation Meeting by Jun Takeuchi when showing off Monster Hunter.

Vasili2K38

Even with its flaws MGS4 was one of the best games games I've played, another thing is NeoGAF bypolar hive mind. Anyway since Peace Walker I've had an empty place in my soul, screw the haters, give me more MGS Kojima!
seriously, I'm curious to see what direction takes the saga if at the end a new MGS is announced

duckroll

Vasilisk said:
Even with its flaws MGS4 was one of the best games games I've played, another thing is NeoGAF bypolar hive mind. Anyway since Peace Walker I've had an empty place in my soul, screw the haters, give me more MGS Kojima!
seriously, I'm curious to see what direction takes the saga if at the end a new MGS is announced

Hahahahaha hohohohohoho. NeoGAF hive mind! You're so funny! Goodbye!

One is definitely Peace Walker Plus / Peace Walker 2.
I can't see the second also being a MGS title right now, they've already got 3 on the go. Could be the Suda 51 project.

duckroll

Graphics Horse said:
One is definitely Peace Walker Plus / Peace Walker 2.
I can't see the second also being a MGS title right now, they've already got 3 on the go.

What else can Kojima make though? Anything without MGS on it has failed to meet financial success, which Konami seems to expect out of him.

Sn4ke_911

Last year Kojima said in a interview that he will reveals his next game at TGS and NOT E3. Maybe he changed his mind because he's a big fan of the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Snakes story may have ended but there's no reason to end the MGS series. Maybe before Snake dies they cloned him and off we go 20 years later after Snakes death his "son" is ready to continue his fathers legacy.

^__^
id buy it and you all would to dammit!

duckroll

Sn4ke_911 said:
Last year Kojima said in a interview that he will reveals his next game at TGS and NOT E3. Maybe he changed his mind since as we all know he's a big fan of the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

But he specifically said at the unveiling of the PSP2 that he is looking forward to revealing more of his latest project at E3...

a1m said:
Really? geez.

Are you defending him?

Top Bottom