• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Meta] Who won E3?

Who won E3?

• EA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 204 49.6%
  • Bethesda

Votes: 28 6.8%
  • Square Enix

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Ubisoft

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • PC gaming

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Sony

Votes: 120 29.2%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • Devolver

Votes: 19 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WaterAstro

EA didnt get a single one. Not a hardcore fan or a troll. Nothing.

Id feel bad of i didnt hate them with a burning passion (i feel bad for the honest devs who got stuck being part of that hasty last second shitshow however.)
For some reason, I do like their FIFA trailer because of the music.

They said Hans Zimmer had a hand in it lol. The Champions League is always epic.

Last edited:

wipeout364

Phil Spencer talks way too much, and he does it while massaging his own ego. It's quite boring and repulsive.

That’s interesting I have never felt that way listening to Phil Spencer, for a corporate guy he always has seemed pretty honest in his delivery and has never come across as narcissistic to me.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
That’s interesting I have never felt that way listening to Phil Spencer, for a corporate guy he always has seemed pretty honest in his delivery and has never come across as narcissistic to me.
I agree, after the disaster that was Don Mattrick, Phil Spencer has been a much needed breath of fresh air and has done much to improve the image of the brand. He strikes me as humble and at the same time proud of what Xbox is doing.

VAL0R

Banned
I think Phil seems like decent enough guy with a good sense of humor. The kind of guy I might want to hang out with. I appreciate that he often takes the high road and doesn't throw cheap insults at his competitors even when game journos set him up to do so. He could score cheap GOTCHA! points, but he prefers to be professionally courteous. He's willing to publicly, humbly, admit his own personal failings, which speaks to his character and the XBOX division's failings, which speaks to his leadership. I also kind of find it endearing that he isn't the most polished PR mouthpiece in the world and you can tell he still gets a little nervous at the E3 press conference (completely understandably as it is watched by millions), but he still does a very good job, imo. I'll take a person who might miss a beat or trip over a sentence or two during a speech over someone who sounds like an infomercial salesman, all day long. He's my favorite leadership personality that I can remember from any console manufacturer.

Zannegan

Regardless of who won, I think we can all agree that this year's E3 kinda sucked as a whole.

Eh, mediocre. I will say that some of the conferences I hoped would be excellent flopped, while those that were good didn't much in the way of announcements, which gave the show an overall air of disappointment.

Andyliini

Regarding this, Twitter has also released their analytics on the show.

Here's the gist of it:

There was a 94% increase in overall gaming conversation during E3 compared to the previous week on Twitter.
And there were nearly 15 million #E3 related Tweets last week. The highest spike in E3 conversation came during the Nintendo Direct press conference between 9-10 AM ET on June 12 with 890K Tweets.

The gaming conversation on Twitter spans the globe, and it was no different during #E3. These were the countries that Tweeted the most about the event.
  1. United States
  2. Japan
  3. United Kingdom
  4. Spain
  5. France
A look at the most Tweeted about topics during the annual event offers a fascinating glimpse at what got gaming fans most excited.
  1. Nintendo (@Nintendo)
  2. Xbox (@Xbox)
  3. Super Smash Bros. (#SuperSmashBros)
  4. Fallout (@Fallout)
  5. Playstation (@PlayStation)
  6. Kingdom Hearts (@KINGDOMHEARTS)
  7. Ubisoft (@Ubisoft)
  8. Elder Scrolls (@ElderScrolls)
  9. Death Stranding (#DEATHSTRANDING)
  10. Fortnite (@FortniteGame)
These were the most Tweeted about newly-announced games* :

1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate