• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2023: Publisher win count

I figured this would be a fun topic of discussion. Here are the Publishers who have won an award along with how many they have won:
  • Larian - 6 awards
  • Epic Games - 3 awards
  • Square Enix - 2 awards
  • Capcom - 2 awards
  • Nintendo - 3 awards
  • Xbox - 2 awards
  • Sony - 1 award
  • Bethesda - 1 award
  • Hoyoverse- 1 award
  • Riot Games - 1 award
  • Bandai Namco/From Software - 1 award
  • CD Projekt Red - 1 award
  • Sabotage Studio - 1 award
  • Kepler Interactive - 1 award
  • Annapurna Interactive - 1 award
Thoughts GAF? Is there any publisher that you think should have more wins? Is there any publisher where you're glad they are not on the list? Also, who do you hope to see as a winner in the future?

For me I'm hoping Sega grabs a win sometime soon.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Bethesda won an award?

XlEOXyK.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Sony won 0 awards. TV show don’t count as video games last i checked.

Just goes to show how Sonys gaas focus has hurt a first party that used to dominate at the awards. Any true Sony fan would be extremely upset over this. We got one Sony game this year and nothing set for next year. Who knows what is up next in 2025. These studios needed more man power, more resources, more love and they didn’t. We are now seeing the results of that insane gaas focus.

Sony won 0 awards. TV show don’t count as video games last i checked.

Just goes to show how Sonys gaas focus has hurt a first party that used to dominate at the awards. Any true Sony fan would be extremely upset over this. We got one Sony game this year and nothing set for next year. Who knows what is up next in 2025. These studios needed more man power, more resources, more love and they didn’t. We are now seeing the results of that insane gaas focus.
Tchia won an award and it's a Sony published Game. Yosp grabbed the award for that game.
I don't think the last of us counts because that would be an award for HBO, not Sony.

Last edited:
That PlayStation Tax!

. . . am I doing it right?

I was told this was a content war now

RE4 VR mode - December

FF16 Echoes of the Fallen - December

GOW Ragnarok Valhalla - December

TLOU2 Remastered - January

Granblue Fantasy Relink - February

Helldivers 2 - February

Pacific Drive - February

FF7 Rebirth - February

Rise of the Ronin - March

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

drotahorror

I'm puzzled why Forza won the accessibility over Spiderman. I thought Spiderman was the obvious and clear candidate there.

I'm puzzled how Forza won ANY awards. There were a couple of objectively better racing titles this year, 1 that wasn't even nominated (WRC, which had A LOT less issues than Forza as well).

Pretty much the whole gaming community shit on Forza yet it cleaned up a couple categories. Most Sony games are insane when it comes to Accessibility, and also SF6 introduced modern controls making it one of the, if not the MOST accessible fighter to date. Wtf did Forza have that made accessibility such a high mark for it?

drotahorror

Nothing to be puzzled about, both games do good accessibility options. It's not like Forza just won it out of nowhere, it received a lot of unanimously positive accessibility reviews, one example below:

Bruh

I'm cherry picking here but c'mon:

There’s even an option to make shifting entirely automatic, reducing the number of buttons I need.

Like damn , every fuckin racer on the planet has automatic shifting.

I will say the assisted throttle is nice. But upon doing some research, Gran Turismo 7 also featured assisted braking (lots of racers do) and even assisted steering.

GawStBr.jpg

Besides assisted Throttle/Steering, lots of racers have all of these assists. I guess Forza is definitely the most user friendly racer though so I'll give them that.

Even though I haven't played SF6, I know how the modern controls work and it's quite ingenious. Even someone not into fighting games can look like they know what they're doing. I personally think that's more impressive than the CPU playing the game for you, which is basically what Forza is doing.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
After all this talk about Xbox having crap games this year, and they win 3 awards.

Good stuff.

Ball's going to just keep rolling in 2024 as well, with Hellblade II, Avowed, and Flight Simulator 2024.

Last edited:
Top Bottom