• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Nintendo Direct 2013.6.11 - 11 pm Japan Time, 3 pm BST, 10 am EDT, 7 am PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for asking a most likely asked question but are there any rumors about what we should be expecting? I'm aware of the Mario's and SSB but any possible surprises being discussed?

Neiteio

As the prophet ever come back to defend himself?
Doth verily, he hath not, but the Archangel Y2Kev hath writ the words of the prophet in the lids of thine own eyes, and shall rain furious blows upon him if false prophet he be proven.

I apologize for asking a most likely asked question but are there any rumors about what we should be expecting? I'm aware of the Mario's and SSB but any possible surprises being discussed?

Retro's game is the biggest potential surprise that everyone is pretty sure will show up at this point.

Other than that there are smaller possibilities:
*EAD Tokyo 1 has a new/revived IP for retail
*Intelligent System (Fire Emblem, Paper Mario etc) or HAL Labs (Kirby) have a game
*Nintendo has a new studio/dev team and they have a new game
*More third party collaborations, like the Sega 'deal' or Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.
*Reggie is actually Iwata.

EDIT: Oh, and Wii Sports U.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Randomish thought, but all this Smash and Xenoblade talk just makes me think that Reyn better be an assist trophy :p just think about it: pops out with a yell of "It's Reyn time!" and stands in front of you to block damage, says "what a buncha jokers!" after his set amount of time and disappears. It's too perfect.

According to the various polls Snakey in the community thread keeps linking to, he's the most consistently voted for newcomer worldwide. If he doesn't get in with the first teaser trailer, he'll probably get in like Sonic did through sheer fan-demand.
Whenever or not Mega Man gets revealed at Smash Bros's reveal depends on if there will be one or two third-party newcomers. If there's just one and it's Mega Man, he's a shoe-in at E3 but if there's two newcomers, expect him to be held back for a Dojo reveal.

This is, of course, assuming that Mega Man gets in, which may or may not happen (but I feel as he has the best chance of any new third-party)
Yep, but so far, nothing reliable has come up.

So they're going with the time they would have a press conference, shown streaming like a press conf but don't want to do a press conference. It can't be that much of a cost savings to do what they're up to with all of this.

Darryl

Banned
Ugh this isn't remotely true. Nintendo had a great working relationship with Monolith and trough Namco Bandai which lead to the creation of several Exclusive pieces of Software (RPG's included). You are the one making up things like Nintendo buying them for a sole game, when under Iwata he has said he doesn't even like buying studio's because of the ability for Talent to leave said studios.

i don't understand how your last point is supposed to conflict with anything i've said at all. if you look over the time line for the games, it's pretty obvious that nintendo purchased monolith soft because of the need to expand talent for xenoblade chronicles. there's no other reason to acquire them.

DaBoss

They confirmed it in the other tweet and he also retweeted the NoA tweet of it.

Oh, I didn't see the NOE tweet. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ugh this isn't remotely true. Nintendo had a great working relationship with Monolith and trough Namco Bandai which lead to the creation of several Exclusive pieces of Software (RPG's included). You are the one making up things like Nintendo buying them for a sole game, when under Iwata he has said he doesn't even like buying studio's because of the ability for Talent to leave said studios.

Applies to the West more than Japan.

Dang0

I got beat. :)

ay4zupe.png
EDIT: Here's one with a slightly softer edge if that's more your thing:
ppXHVoG.png

Let me know if you think it's too big. Also, I'll be around for a while, so if anyone else wants an "Only For"-ed avatar, let me know. I can do SNES, GCN, and mayyybe N64 if you really want it.

Thanks man, your awesome.

anaron

Though possibly a long shot, I'm still pulling for Kos-mos to make it in. The series needs far more female representation and she's an easy solution to that.

I feel like Shulk (and hopefully Fiora too) is a given, though.

Beth Cyra

So they're going with the time they would have a press conference, shown streaming like a press conf but don't want to do a press conference. It can't be that much of a cost savings to do what they're up to with all of this.

Are you kidding? The cost difference is massive.

As it stands, all they need now is a green room/small set up and to edit in video's of software.

Compared to having to rent the entire hall, the massive projector, send out invites, get every one ready. Plus anything extra they planned like the Zelda Symphony.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Are they possibly transitioning from doing away with E3 completely?

It's two whole hours earlier, no?

And who said it was about cost saving?

Chrom

She's the most popular character in Fire Emblem Awakening I believe. At least as far as the Japanese fanbase is concerned I think.

That's definitely not true. In fact, Tharja has never topped any Japanese popularity polls as the most popular.

In addition to what the others said, we don't know if this is even all they have planned. We already learned about a huge Pokemon X/Y roundtable; who knows what else could be planned

Beth Cyra

But why host it then? Ball's in their court, they could do it tomorrow if they wanted...

Probably because they are still attending E3. Having it then will be able to generate hype and if they have quality software on floor have it be fueled by good word of mouth for software that is playable.

I'm with you on this one, also throw some of the W101 in there too and make it like Pokemon Trainer in SSBB.

I think it could work where you play as the main character.

Have ghosting effects of the others appear in a settle way when doing certain special moves to form the attack.

So lets say one special move is up + punch. Youll see a ghost effect of other heroes trail behind the character that forms the hand that can do a type of uppercut. This should happen quickly in a settle way where the move isnt tiring on the eyes.

Probably because they are still attending E3. Having it then will be able to generate hype and if they have quality software on floor have it be fueled by good word of mouth for software that is playable.

Then why not do the press conf instead? What's the Advantage? Their previous ones were always last and in the morning with about an hour long event. They never really fell into the gaudy celeb nonsense. It's streamed and has access to people more or less as before. Why cause confusion in the first place. Is it because of simultaneous language versions of the press conf?

Beth Cyra

Then why not do the press conf instead? What's the Advantage? Their previous ones were always last and in the morning with about an hour long event. They never really fell into the gaudy celeb nonsense. It's streamed and has access to people more or less as before. Why cause confusion in the first place. Is it because of simultaneous language versions of the press conf?

That could be part of it. This is also a way to focus on different market groups.

Nintendo has always been one of the worst, even more so in recent years who let the Press Confrence talk to the press at large, so the focus on things like Nintendo Land, Wii Music and other stuff.

This way they can save money, but directly target core gamers, the media with their seperate event and lastly retailers which will also have an event.

As it stands this could be great for all three groups and much better then their confrence and their failure to cater to all three at one time.

They said they wanted to split the information so it's more relevant to the groups they are aiming at. Games for the general public, strategy for distributors, and journalist-relevant information for the press.

Having simultaneous streams may be a part of it, since (I think) this will be the first time Japan gets its own version of the Press Conference at the same time as the West during E3.

DaBoss

When is the press presentation happening?

And when does E3 officially start again? Was it 12PM or 1PM?

Man I'm forgetting everything about E3 last year lol.

The most likely one seems to be whatever retro studios is working on because they apparently explicitly said they considered showing it last year, and because it's been 3 years since their last major game. Zero confirmation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom