• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Nintendo Direct 2013.6.11 - 11 pm Japan Time, 3 pm BST, 10 am EDT, 7 am PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl

Banned
Shulk is not big money.

As it stands he could possibly become it, but as it stands he's not. Kos-Mos has been featured in games that have moved over a million copies, has several Figures/Toys dedicated to her and a huge fanbase.

As it is, Monolith continues to work with this Character, and as far as Big Money, and who could push Smash to a wider range of people, Kos-Mos trashes Shulk with ease at this point.

xenoblade chronicles is easily one of the most expensive nintendo games ever made. they purchased an entire studio over it. it is definitely big money.

Shulk is not big money.

As it stands he could possibly become it, but as it stands he's not. Kos-Mos has been featured in games that have moved over a million copies, has several Figures/Toys dedicated to her and a huge fanbase.

As it is, Monolith continues to work with this Character, and as far as Big Money, and who could push Smash to a wider range of people, Kos-Mos trashes Shulk with ease at this point.

Kos Mos has never been in a game for a nintendo console worldwide.

Just stahp

Plus Shulk wouldn't be a namco rep anyway.

Holy crap I better address all these quoted posts really damn fast!!

Regarding Retro, it's Star Tropics U. I posted that a few weeks ago and stand by it.

Regarding Mario,,giving the exact title's a lot riskier..rather ill state one of the titles that was being debated and that should give you a good idea what the final title is...Super Mario Retroverse U.

Regarding Mario Kart..believe me, I expected an all new game too and am surprised its just a souped up 7. If you wanna sell to a potential username, with guaranteed sales sometimes you need to play it safe with something that's sold well.

Regarding Smash Bros...in the trailer, with the silhouette stuff, the camera is flying down an open space with the characters standing on the sides. There's a LOT if characters this time. Samurai had said he didn't want as many but they decided to go all out this time for the fans. They're wanting to do a Dojo type thing again since the last time was received very well.

Regarding 3DS direct: the U and 3DS directs are bith happening period. They had to decide 3DS or U first. Due to the U's situation and anxious people U is going first. 3DS a few days later.

Regarding Zelda: I saw one post say bs because how can I be so detailed with a 2015 game. I don't know the exact storyline for the new game. I only know its the longest in the series. I also stand by they're trying to decide which core concept to go with..they're looking for a happy middle between those that want an easier, more hand hoody experience and those that want something far more difficult. At the same time provide something more open world. THAT'S what's making development take quite a while.

Here's why I hate rumor mongering..some people who do get inside info are in fact correct but this stuff can change daily, hell hourly and if that happens then you have egg on your face. Look at Retro last year. That trailer was in the actual presentation schedule and got pulled at the last possible moment. That's why this rumor stuff can be so shaky. Some of us try to be generous and if it changes on a dime you're left in a bad spot. As of right now, Retro, 3D Mario, kart, Smash, trailers for X and Yoshi..all 100 percent sure to be in that direct. If any mod has any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM. As of this hour I can stand by my statements.

admire you for sticking to your guns

Beth Cyra

xenoblade chronicles is easily one of the most expensive nintendo games ever made. they purchased an entire studio over it. it is definitely big money.

This has been said at all.

Also they didn't buy Monolith Soft just because of Xenoblade. They bought them because they were a skilled JRPG house that continued to work closely by Nintendo and wanted join them.

No where has it ever been said what the budget was for Monolith, and certainly not that Nintendo bought Monolith because of Blade.

Kos Mos has never been in a game for a nintendo console worldwide.

Just stahp

Plus Shulk wouldn't be a namco rep anyway.

Lucas was never in a Nintendo game world wide.

The argument isn't that Shuilk would Rep Namco Bandai, the arguement is who would be the best to Rep Monolith Soft as a whole given their past.

I doubt it. You
only see her fight once in Uprising, and all she really did was move around and shoot projectiles at you.

Now Magnus, on the other hand, would be a perfect fit for Smash in my opinion. A heavy, sword wielder like Magnus would make for a great counterpart to Link.
Your first point of barely seeing Palutena in action in Uprising while bringing up Magnus immediately afterwards seems weird. The dude barely shows up at all in Uprising and his attacks are literally just a couple basic sword swings mostly taken from Ike in Brawl. He's cool personality wise (but then everybody in Uprising was!) but I'd argue even Viridi or Medussa have way more of a chance than him.

It's either going to be Palutena, Dark Pit (if they want to keep regular Pit's moveset the same but represent Uprising's huge weapon system) or
Hades
that gets into SSB4.

ALM5252

Only 3rd Party Newcomer I want is Bomberman because of Super Bomberman 2 and Bomberman 64 (my favorite BMan games)

Other than that I want Black Shadow so that he can take Ganon's moveset, Mewtwo/X/Y and all the cast from Melee and Brawl in some way, (Counting Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario, Snake, Sonic, etc) + worthy newcomers for already represented franchises. Oh! and Balloon Fighter!

Palutena is the only certainty for Smash.
Palutena is extremely likely, but Mewtwo is the only correct answer.

Just look at it. One of the most popular Pokémons in existence, probably the most wanted character, very important to the Pokémon franchise and is getting a new form.

Too bad we'll likely be waiting until release for confirmation.

Volotaire

I don't see it it's not showing up for me....

I still don't see it :(

I'll try hosting again.

stein-hagase-soul-eater-10844591-100-120.jpg

Frolow

Banned
Your first point of barely seeing Palutena in action in Uprising while bringing up Magnus immediately afterwards seems weird. The dude barely shows up at all in Uprising and his attacks are literally just a couple basic sword swings mostly taken from Ike in Brawl. He's cool personality wise (but then everybody in Uprising was!) but I'd argue even Viridi or Medussa have way more of a chance than him.

It's either going to be Palutena, Dark Pit (if they want to keep regular Pit's moveset the same but represent Uprising's huge weapon system) or
Hades
that gets into SSB4.
I see where you're coming from, but I'm sure they could find a versatile moveset for him. They've done it in the past with Fox and ROB, so who knows.

Palutena is extremely likely, but Mewtwo is the only correct answer.

Just look at it. One of the most popular Pokémons in existence, probably the most wanted character, very important to the Pokémon franchise and is getting a new form.

Too bad we'll likely be waiting until release for confirmation.
Plus was cut in the twilight hours from Brawl's development.

I don't like the design, but I guess I'll take penis-head Mewtwo over nothing in SSB4.

9l1NGZA.png

Iori 4 Smash Bros.
17 years of nothing but Tekken? I'm sure it's a fun job but that sounds like it'd get pretty old pretty fast after nearly two decades.

why and how did this turn into smash 4 roster discussion
because boredom/procrastination

skypunch

Banned
Shulk is not big money.

One game? Kos-Mos has been in like 9 games on Nintendo's platforms, her creators and writers work for Nintendo and she is very popular. Also, she likely won't be seeing an exlusive HD release on a Sony platformright before Smash ships.

If Nintendo were to include any of Monolith Soft's characters, it would definitely be Shulk in my opinion. He's first-party, too.

Monolith Soft aren't in control of KOS-MOS anymore and the Xenosaga series is pretty much dead really, unless Namco end up actually doing something with it.

I think including Shulk would be a better business decision and a great way to promote the new Xeno title.

This thread gonna make it to 20+ pages before the day of reckoning even arrives.

GAF is going to die during E3 if last Friday's rather tame Nintendo Direct is any indication. Can't wait!

Lucas was never in a Nintendo game world wide.

The argument isn't that Shuilk would Rep Namco Bandai, the arguement is who would be the best to Rep Monolith Soft as a whole given their past.

But Lucas is a nintendo character, I had to go and look up the Xenosaga DS port.

At that point why not pick Kalas?

Beth Cyra

If Nintendo were to include any of Monolith Soft's characters, it would definitely be Shulk in my opinion. He's first-party, too.

Monolith Soft aren't in control of KOS-MOS anymore and the Xenosaga series is pretty much dead really, unless Namco end up actually doing something with it.

I think including Shulk would be a better business decision and a great way to promote the new Xeno title.

Namco Bandai has continued to let Kos Mos be handled almost exclusivly by Monolith Soft. While the Saga series is over, she has made several (read more) showings since it's ending then when the franchise was actually running.

But Lucas is a nintendo character, I had to go and look up the Xenosaga DS port.

At that point why not pick Kalas?

She has been in way more games then just the Episode 1/2 REmake (it's not a port) on Nintedno platforms including a game that will be released in less then 2 months time.

Palutena is the only certainty for Smash.

There is no certainty regarding newcomers for this new Smash. Certain characters, like Palutena, certainly pretty likely, but there is no guaranteed newcomer left. There is no Wario, Diddy, or Kirby newcomer.

Likely, sure. Certain? Hell no.

As long as Mega Man gets in Smash I'll be a happy man.

That's all I ask. That's all...
According to the various polls Snakey in the community thread keeps linking to, he's the most consistently voted for newcomer worldwide. If he doesn't get in with the first teaser trailer, he'll probably get in like Sonic did through sheer fan-demand.

Mr. Fix

On the topic of a new 3D mario game, I'm still not sure if I want a Galaxy successor or a new theme. I feel like a new theme might not be up to par with the Galaxies.

Darryl

Banned
This has been said at all.

Also they didn't buy Monolith Soft just because of Xenoblade. They bought them because they were a skilled JRPG house that continued to work closely by Nintendo and wanted join them.

No where has it ever been said what the budget was for Monolith, and certainly not that Nintendo bought Monolith because of Blade.

you can do guesswork on the budget for the game based on the number of development staff involved and the length of development. it is certainly in the highest tier of nintendo development projects. i don't know where you're getting that fanfiction about nintendo's motivation for monolith. xenoblade chronicles began early stages of development right about the time of their purchase. this stuff doesn't happen because pixies and fairy dust, it's a strategic business decision. nintendo saw the potential for the project, seen the investment it needed, and it made it

Beth Cyra

Fucking crossover SRPG's don't count.

You don't go from Snake and Sonic to Kos Mos unless you're truly scraping the barrel.

Bottom of the barrel? Kos-Mos is a very popular and well known character. Easily more so then ANY other Monolith character.

you can do guesswork on the budget for the game based on the number of development staff involved and the length of development. it is certainly in the highest tier of nintendo development projects. i don't know where you're getting that fanfiction about nintendo's motivation for monolith. xenoblade chronicles began early stages of development right about the time of their purchase. this stuff doesn't happen because pixies and fairy dust, it's a strategic business decision. nintendo saw the potential for the project, seen the investment it needed, and it made it

Ugh this isn't remotely true. Nintendo had a great working relationship with Monolith and trough Namco Bandai which lead to the creation of several Exclusive pieces of Software (RPG's included). You are the one making up things like Nintendo buying them for a sole game, when under Iwata he has said he doesn't even like buying studio's because of the ability for Talent to leave said studios.

I'm sure this has been answered already, but is he a Nintendo-owned character?

As much as I really want MegaMan I don't think he'll make it. No game to promote.

Ever.

:'(

He is a first party Nintendo character.

Neiteio

There is no certainty regarding newcomers for this new Smash. Certain characters, like Palutena, certainly pretty likely, but there is no guaranteed newcomer left. There is no Wario, Diddy, or Kirby newcomer.

Likely, sure. Certain? Hell no.
Well, of course no one has been confirmed. Palutena is definitely the most likely, though. She even covered half of the case interior to Sakurai's last game, appeared in three anime shorts, etc.

I'm with you on this one, also throw some of the W101 in there too and make it like Pokemon Trainer in SSBB.
HELL YEA, BOBBY MY BOY

Shulk would be weird in that sense. He reminds me of Link, who's already there

One game? Kos-Mos has been in like 9 games on Nintendo's platforms, her creators and writers work for Nintendo and she is very popular. Also, she likely won't be seeing an exlusive HD release on a Sony platformright before Smash ships.
Very few requests KOS-MOS to be in. Tales rep at least get modest demand in the West and very strong demand in Japan (at least according to observations from Snakey).
I would love to see Layton as a suprise third party character.
Hino does seem to like the idea of Layton being in Smash, so there's a chance that he gets in.
Willing to do an avatar bet against Bayonetta's inclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom