• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3: Sony with some bad news?

ReaperXL7

Sony's approach to selling consoles is different from Microsoft. They have a more broader consumer base including their home country japan where stuff like always online drm and blocking used games will be a no go there. Microsoft targets as far as consumer's concerned are not as wide and thus they can afford to do stuff like this where as Sony can not.

dont bother, no one will respond to this line of questioning because its been asked and ignored plenty already. I just dont see Sony fucking themselves in their home country and europe at the behest of EA.If im wrong then fuck them too I just became a nintendo fan.

J-Tier

It's weird the amount of apologies made for Microsoft's choices that are going around. It's clearly anti-consumer, there's nothing to defend there, regardless of their goal to become a living room hub.

If Sony does the same thing, we shouldn't cut them any slack either. Saying the other company is going to do just as bad, should not make what the first company did any better or more acceptable.

I'm sure many people have stated this same message. For some reason though, many people are allowing their passion and emotion overcome logic.

Xbox One reveal was a bad day for all gamers, as its success may mean everyone else may follow suit as well. If it does end up humbling Microsoft though with overall bad sale, then I think that's a good thing. Other companies will know what they did was wrong, and Microsoft will also learn from it.

I'm genuinely hoping that these business practices do not become so common that people just accept them. It's really bad. The only time I can EVER even think of this being acceptable is maybe if games are $49.99 on day one and will go on sale akin to Steam sales where the games get 20-75% discounts. We all know that's not happening.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
If you think Sony's going to do what MS did on used games you haven't been paying attention.

If you think publishers are going to allow or be more lenient with used games for Sony you haven't been paying attention.

With that said baring an amazing E3 showing I've pretty much written MS off next gen.

androvsky

dont bother, no one will respond to this line of questioning because its been asked and ignored plenty already. I just dont see Sony fucking themselves in their home country and europe at the behest of EA.If im wrong then fuck them too I just became a nintendo fan.
My expectation is that it will be up to the publishers, as I believe a Sony exec has said. So it'll be EA games requiring online and blocking used games, with other publishers experimenting with it off and on. Kinda like Capcom and the two PSN games they made that won't start unless you're signed in to PSN.

Top Bottom