• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA “Mirror’s Edge will not be a Timed Exclusive for PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmmkay

pswii60 said:
Who to believe? Random German site or random New Zealand site?

Have we got this EA confirmation from anyone else? Blim seemed to think it was pretty clear at GC that PS3 exclusivity was in the bag.
Brianemone versus Blim? I'll just sit back and enjoy the game when it comes out.

Paracelsus

cjelly said:
Problem is, doesn't Reeves speak English? It could be a mis-translation from English to German.

How much do you have to mistranslate in order to turn a phrase into "a timed exclusive"? ._.

Meier

Demonracer999 said:
Well....

you know what they say...

RLSzQZh.png
Holy shit this is the most amazing post in the history of GAF.

szaromir

Banned
Mmmkay said:
Brianemone versus Blim? I'll just sit back and enjoy the game when it comes out.
What's there to doubt at this point? The game is released in 3 months, I doubt Sony wouldn't announce status of the game (if it was excusive) at their press conference only to have Reeves spit it out in an interview a day later.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Lol, I pratically got my head taken off for telling people to stop crying bitter tears over this. I kne this would happen. Now watch as some swavely try and make up for their junk while the rest of us multiplat owners are still on board the hype train. It was on my list before it was PS3/pwnly and it's still on my list now.

you got your head taken off for stupidly suggesting that anyone should buy another console for a timed exclusive.

Mmmkay said:

Blim never said that the game was PS3 exclusive, only that he had heard people talking about it at Leipzig. I am guessing there were more than just the German site that were under the impression it was a timed exclusive.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I have no earthly idea why Sony keeps holding onto David Reeves. This guy is insane... literally. Is he a pathological liar or something?

Well, in this case Reeves should catch a break as it looks like he didn't say a single thing about this being an exclusive title.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
why do people care about this game? because its all bright and you dont use a gun in first person mode?

is this just gonna be a shitty platformer because its in first person?

DCharlie

why do people care about this game? because its all bright and you dont use a gun in first person mode?

is this just gonna be a shitty platformer because its in first person?

i think a lot of people who played Breakdown could see that with a bit (well, okay a lot...) more effort the game could have been an interesting take on first person action.

Mirror's Edge looks like it could be an interesting evolution of those ideas. It might work, it might not, but at least it's something a bit different.

Johann

It would have been bizarre to see EA announce an exclusive for reasons unrelated to technical or scheduling issues. I figured it was probably a mistranslation since there isn't a strong incentive for Sony to secure an untested third-party IP (especially after the Haze incident) and EA would need to be paid a fortune in exclusivity fees to make up for the lack of simultaneous cross platform release.

DCharlie

The timed exclusivity shit already killed my buzz for this game.

mind if i ask why?

same game is still coming to all platforms - a good game is a good game regardless of it's exclusive time lock surely?

Seems like a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face. :/

Rlan

Initially I was going to wait for the 360 version, as I do tend to like my multi-SKU games on the one platform.

But then I remembered that EA completely fuck over Europe with their damn Region Locked 360 games. So PS3 it is then.

Banned
GeoramA said:
That sucks, oh well. I wonder if Sony did try to secure it though.

Why does it suck? You upset that more people get to play the game. :lol :lol

Rlan said:
Initially I was going to wait for the 360 version, as I do tend to like my multi-SKU games on the one platform.

But then I remembered that EA completely fuck over Europe with their damn Region Locked 360 games. So PS3 it is then.

WTF. How does that hurt EA? You are still giving EA the same amount of money.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Son of Godzilla said:
The timed exclusivity shit already killed my buzz for this game. I think I'll pass anyways.
What kind of shit is that?

What is the logic behind this?

Rlan

Karma said:
WTF. How does that hurt EA? You are still giving EA the same amount of money.

I didn't say anything about hurting EA. I'm just saying that their bullshit with region coding is going to net me the PS3 version anyway :lol

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
bathala said:
http://upload.dfyb.net/uploaded/bahahaha.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol Funniest thing about this GIF is that if you catch it at the right moment, you just think it's a photo. [i]Then[/i] he bursts out laughing.

dejay

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:
Remember: 360 timed exclusives good, PS3 timed exclusives bad, simultanious releases somewhat good as longs as the 360 version is better!

Or was it the other way around? It's very confusing.

Yes, you've got it right, it's good for everyone. That way Sony fanboys can act the victim and claim that Xbox fanboys are in the majority on this forum and that the poor SDF never partake in any system wars. The amount of apparent Sony fanboy happiness and high-fives in that other thread were just Xbots posing as Sony fanboys.

dejay said:
Yes, you've got it right, it's good for everyone. That way Sony fanboys can act the victim and claim that Xbox fanboys are in the majority on this forum and that the poor SDF never partake in any system wars. The amount of apparent Sony fanboy happiness and high-fives in that other thread were just Xbots posing as Sony fanboys.

Leave the poor persecuted sony fanboys alone.

Slavik81

People actually thought for more than a second that this would be a timed PS3 exclusive?
From Dice and EA?

What sort of crack were they smoking?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Slavik81 said:
People actually thought for more than a second that this would be a timed PS3 exclusive?
From Dice and EA?

What sort of crack were they smoking?
1. It was debuted at a Sony event
2. It's only been demoed on PS3
3. PS3 is lead platform
4. RB2, also from EA, is timed exclusive for 360

Not that much of a leap...

besada

Banned
Hilarious to see both the whiners and the gloaters get a face full. Also hilarious to see that David Reeves continues his lingering streak of opening his mouth and shitting out the hole.

DCharlie

Hilarious to see both the whiners and the gloaters get a face full. Also hilarious to see that David Reeves continues his lingering streak of opening his mouth and shitting out the hole.

astonishing as it feels to do this but this is starting to get on my wick.

It's been clarified that the quote attributed to him was (at best) badly worded or (at worst) paraphrased incorrectly.

I don't see how Reeves is the bad guy here.

DuckRacer

sykoex said:
4. RB2, also from EA, is timed exclusive for 360
people have gone through this again, i'll go through it once more

EA only distributes the Rock Band franchise. MTV Games is the publisher. Furthermore, the exclusivity period consists of only one month, and only exists because MS was more helpful in their attempt to make DLC compatible across both games. And therefore helped Harmonix get the 360 version out, which they would obviously do so to get a head start on Guitar Hero World Tour. The PS3, Wii, and PS2 versions are still coming out in October in time for the holiday season.

If Sony would have secured Mirror's Edge as a timed exclusive, that would imply a) they forked over a lot of money, and b) the 360 and PC versions would miss the holiday season. Even then, ME is developed by DICE, an EA-owned developer. Unlike Harmonix.

See how much in common these games have re: exclusivity periods and what triggered them? Nothing, really.

duk

Banned
dejay said:

Leave the poor Sony fanbots alone, it's been an incredibly tough and heartbreaking generation so far for them.

kevm3

duk said:
Leave the poor Sony fanbots alone, it's been an incredibly tough and heartbreaking generation so far for them.

Yeah, it's real tough having arguably the best first person line-up to play in the near future.

TheOddOne

kevm3 said:
Yeah, it's real tough having arguably the best first person line-up to play in the near future.

''The X360 Only has shooters and i am not interested in shooters''.... how times have changed :lol

David Reeves not ever opening his mouth would be best for everyone....by far the dumbest exec of the three platform holders...w/o question.

Norml

I didn't read the whole thread but was it just one place saying Reeves said that? Because that is big news for just some tech site or are they popular.

Vorador

Banned
David Reeves can go to hell!

am i doing it right?

I see he's still making a fool out of himself. Wonder if Sony will ever be able to shut him up, they really need it.

nofi

Norml said:
I didn't read the whole thread but was it just one place saying Reeves said that? Because that is big news for just some tech site or are they popular.

Reeves didn't say it was exclusive, or even timed exclusive. He was misquoted by a German website, and then the internet goes crazy for 2 days.

Still, entertaining reading.

Barakov

Vorador said:
I see he's still making a fool out of himself. Wonder if Sony will ever be able to shut him up, they really need it.

It's not like shutting him up will make all of Sony's problems go away. Let him talk and let us laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom