• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge to be PS3 timed exclusive according to David Reeves, need Deutsch GAF

GenericPseudonym said:
N4G, NeoGaf, Gametrailers forums, ******** (lol) and TalkPlaystation are hardly shining lights of credibility. The only non-forum there is N4G and well...its N4G.
you're really hoping this isn't true, aren't you? :lol

lostxii

dai said:
Honestly, I wouldn't be too upset if it was pushed back a little altogether. So many games are coming out during that time, I might not be able to get it.

lostxii said:
Honestly, I wouldn't be too upset if it was pushed back a little altogether.

That'd be awful. It's my most anticipated game for the rest of the year. So at least 1 version of it needs to make it out.

SolidSnakex said:
That'd be awful. It's my most anticipated game for the rest of the year. So at least 1 version of it needs to make it out.

Lead platform leading? Impossible.

Pimpbaa said:
I'm sure a lot of people are hoping this isn't true. And a lot of douchbags hoping it is true.

Are the people who are hoping it isn't true douchebags as well?

WTFing

Banned
Brianemone said:
I believe David Reeves said it was exclusive. I don't think he is correct though. I was the person that interviewed him where he said the Bittorrent thing, if you listen to that interview you will realise how out of touch he is in regards to some things.
You work for? Link to the interview please.

FrankT

They better market the heck out of this game this fall if this is true. This thing will get drowned out. Certainly not interested in picking it up for either my PS3s or 360. EA still making zero profits. They may have a new system going for gamers, but it isn't any kind of business sense position this gen that much is certain.

Shame as for as my to-buy list is concerned Mirror's Edge is going to get lost in the shuffle. =/

I'll take the delay. Hell push it back to Summer '09 for all I care. I might have exhausted this year's fall library by then.

Mau ®

Im a bit surprised but then again, Sony has been keen on having ME on their shows so I guess there was always interest from the beggining.

The first trailer was mindblowing.

dai said:

Evidently you are.

Look it doesn't reflect badly on me that I want to play this game on my system this year. I think everyone likes good games coming to their system ASAP, don't act like you're above me.

Regardless my point still stands, no one but Heise has provided any information on this, of the forums and N4G picking this up they only mention the Heise information, nothing more. How hard would it be for IGN or Gametrailers to call up Sony and EA for some information?

Banned
With Left 4 Dead, Gears 2, Banjo and Last Remnant all in November makes sense for them to not release it then. Makes more sense to hold it till December for the 360.

deadatom

Banned
heres my theroies as to why...
1)maybe it has to do with pirating? since ps3 is more pirate deterant then xbox360 and pc.. its a single player game after all.. and quite a few people ive met have modded 360s so they can play single player games without paying for them... then they have another 360 box to play legit bought games over live like cod4 and halo3.... piracy me things? maybe EA is trying to implement a drm scheme for xbox360 like the pc has? with it needing to be validated over live?!?

2) techiniqual problems... could be due to dvd storage problems.. the game looks pretty... they could be trying to compress alot of stuff like textures and graphics so that it fits in one dvd?

3) they compressed it all and it fits in 2 or more dvds... and microsoft royalty fees to publish the game are too high.. so they are trying to release the ps3 version or threatening to so that microsoft gives in and reduces the penalities or gets rid of them??

4) waiting for 360 waggle controler??!?

5) or maybe.. and most likely... is that... its a timed exclusive only in europe... because of language issues... while you can include all the languages on a bluray... its harder to do that for a dvd.. and it costs more.. since the publisher will have to print multiple copies of the same game but different sound tracks... which will consume time and money on its own..

i predict that 4 is most likely.. the game will probably be released at the same time in the usa.. in europe the 360 will be delayed due to localization issues.. since ps3 is region free... and would still contain all the languages on the english version.. it would make little sense for them to skip out on the holiday shopping season.. it would just piss off the growing ps3 userbase that a game they could be playing is being held back and the only way to play it would be importing it at jacked up prices...

EA is trying to rebrand itself as a new ip maker that "cares" and isnt a huge dick. They are also a company that is all about the $$$. The consensus i think is that in the USA when you are putting out a AAA game you have to have dual platform releases at the same date like final fantasy 13 thats been pushed back to armageddon or grand theft auto 4 *shudders*.. i guess in europe and asia that shit dont fly since the install base or thrends for the install base between the two system is pretty much defined..

yeah yeah my grammar sucks and im all over the place.. bleh

llTll

Banned
deadatom said:
heres my theroies as to why...

2) techiniqual problems... could be due to dvd storage problems.. the game looks pretty... they could be trying to compress alot of stuff like textures and graphics so that it fits in one dvd?

i will not talk about ur other theories since no one knows BUT # 2 wat ?

the game is nice looking yes but its not stunning. and they were abit to fit gears of war in the game. this game will have np fitting 1 dvd

EA just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like make believe-land where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Mirror's Edge for either system, nor will they purchase any of EA's games. This is HUUUUUUGE. You can laugh all you want, but EA has alienated an entire market with this move.

EA, publicly apologize and cancel this timed exclusivity for Mirror's Edge on the PS3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

fanboi

Banned
polyh3dron said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like make believe-land where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Mirror's Edge for either system, nor will they purchase any of EA's games. This is HUUUUUUGE. You can laugh all you want, but EA has alienated an entire market with this move.

EA, publicly apologize and cancel this timed exclusivity for Mirror's Edge on the PS3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

:lol

polyh3dron said:

I trust BlimBlim.

If I've got time to play this at launch, I'll be playing on PS3. If more versions are out when I have time to play it, I'll read the reviews and then decide.

Good move by Sony.

polyh3dron said:

Haha, well played.

M3wThr33

Banned
:lol Wow. This is what timed exclusives do to Xbots? Jesus Christ. Some people feel spoiled around here. :lol :lol :lol

The meltdowns here have to be a joke, right? No one is THAT upset? Right?

polyh3dron said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol In america...

Pimpbaa

M3wThr33 said:
:lol Wow. This is what timed exclusives do to Xbots? Jesus Christ. Some people feel spoiled around here. :lol :lol :lol

People who were looking forward to playing the game this year will have to wait (or buy a ps3), that's the problem.

Yagharek

Timed exclusives shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone, really? It's not like there arent a hundred other games where this is the case. I wonder how many people are in an uproar over this who was silent when every other timed exclusive came and went.

M3wThr33 said:

check out the Teamxbox forums, I ain't buying that $700 console.:lol

Banned
M3wThr33 said:

The 2 I have seen in this thread were jokes.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
polyh3dron said:

A genuine laugh out loud from me, thanks :lol .

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Great job by Sony, I'm gonna enjoy every minute of this timed exclusivity :D

Seriously though, this game is high on my radar, sucks that 360 only owners and PC only gamers have to get shafted, but PS3 only owners have been shafted far more.

polyh3dron said:

Nicely done, you picked the perfect post to mock

Pimpbaa

RandomVince said:
Timed exclusives shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone, really? It's not like there arent a hundred other games where this is the case. I wonder how many people are in an uproar over this who was silent when every other timed exclusive came and went.

It's the rather suddeness of this announcement, of a game that was multiplatform. People waiting for the game to come out, getting close to release and then they pull this.

Before timed exclusivity:

Wow, this game looks so revolutionary with all the awesome first person platforming and hand to hand combat. I'm surprised DICE of all companies came up with a game so revolutionary. The color scheme is also a nice change from the brown and grey-fests this gen. It's refreshing to have a first person game that's not a shooter. I can't WAIT for this. The videos all look AWESOME. Who would have though EA would get behind something so different, with a non-generic female lead and cool sounding Imogen Heap-esque music.

*sees this thread*

I didn't really want to get this game anyways, with the stupid emo music, the anime wannabe girl character and all the stupid running. I just want to shoot the guys, why do i gotta run all the time. If I wanted to run, I'd go outside. This is gonna tank, just another crappy game from the creatively bankrupt EA, move along.

polyh3dron said:

lol, I love you

Rorschach

I wouldn't have thought anybody would take this for a timed exclusive. If anything, I thought it might be a timed PC exclusive.

zeloe326

polyh3dron said:

Tell me your not serious.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
zeloe326 said:
Tell me your not serious.

idiot.gif

Dante

polyh3dron said:

OMG :lol

Top Bottom