• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge to be PS3 timed exclusive according to David Reeves, need Deutsch GAF

LiquidMetal14 said:
Kind of like the reactions in this thread no? You reading those people that are all of a sudden off the bang wagon. Come on now, this SW junk is more apparent in these kinds of threads.

what the hell does this reply have to do with what i responded to? you suggested that others should buy another system for a timed exclusive, i said that was dumb (and it is).

hauton

:lol @ klix

but seriously

The whining of "timed exclusive = end of the world for EA/DICE/ME" is hilarious.

For EA/DICE, they're going to be financially reimbursed by Sony. They're going to sell on 360/PC anyways. They've got a great product which will naturally build hype with advertising as the release date approaches. They can focus on their lead platform instead of diverting resources on making the ports stand up.

And for Sony, more people will buy on PS3.

Win-win.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Kind of like the reactions in this thread no? You reading those people that are all of a sudden off the bang wagon. Come on now, this SW junk is more apparent in these kinds of threads.

And kilxman/klixman/whatever your name is, settle down.

There's really only been like 2-3 people the entire thread who have said something about not getting it because of this. The rest is just speculation as to why EA would go that direction (which seems reasonable). This thread compared to every single 360 timed exclusive thread is extremely tame and civil. Even the Rock Band 2 timed exclusive threads go on and on about moneyhats despite Harmonix already giving a reason why the disc is shipping a month early on 360. D:

That being said, I agree with the sentiment that if it is a timed exclusive it's fine. There's so much coming out this fall waiting a few more months isn't a terrible thing and I'd be there to buy it 1st day whenever it does come out. To hold a grudge on a business decision and miss out on a cool looking game is just ridiculous.

mik

mik is unbeatable
LiquidMetal14 said:
You reading those people that are all of a sudden off the bang wagon.
I don't know what it means, but I'm totally stealing it for my own future use.

GenericPseudonym said:
So I left and basically all it this thread at that time was Reeves and hearsay. Do we have any proof now?

Blimblim said:
Yeah a lot of people were talking about this in the press room of the Game Convention as it was a done deal already.
Nice one Sony, that's a great time exclusive to get.

That's it at this time.

PSGames

hauton said:

but seriously

The whining of "timed exclusive = end of the world for EA/DICE/ME" is hilarious.

For EA/DICE, they're going to be financially reimbursed by Sony. They're going to sell on 360/PC anyways. They've got a great product which will naturally build hype with advertising as the release date approaches. They can focus on their lead platform instead of diverting resources on making the ports stand up.

Win-win.

You must not have checked out UT3's sales.

nightside

I don't care that much...will be gettin this for PC anyway..but, if i have to wait till 2009..i'll be a little pissed.

just a little.

zaidr

PSGames said:
You must not have checked out UT3's sales.

UT3 had a lot more problems than just timed exclusivity on PS3 to contend with...the deathmatch fps genre is not what it used to be in terms of sales.

fernoca

So..Mirror's Edge?
Is a Pal-region only deal, or worldwide?

I wouldn't mind though..-1 this Fall on an already cluttered list..though I wonder what'll happen to the yellow bags..

Pimpbaa

nightside said:
I don't care that much...will be gettin this for PC anyway..but, if i have to wait till 2009..i'll be a little pissed.

just a little.

I'll be majorly pissed. This is one of my more anticipated games. If I don't get to play it this year because of some pointless time exclusivity, then I'll.....um phone up EA and tell them they suck.

Pimpbaa said:
I'll be majorly pissed. This is one of my more anticipated games. If I don't get to play it this year because of some pointless time exclusivity, then I'll.....um phone up EA and tell them they suck.
Jackson_popcorn.gif

PSGames

zaidr said:
UT3 had a lot more problems than just timed exclusivity on PS3 to contend with...the deathmatch fps genre is not what it used to be in terms of sales.

Have you seen FPS sales on 360? This game would have sold shit loads on 360 especially given the fact it's from the creators of GOW, but by the time it released it was already old news being released on the PS3 6 months earlier.

Aaron

PSGames said:
Have you seen FPS sales on 360? This game would have sold shit loads on 360 especially given the fact it's from the creators of GOW, but by the time it released it was already old news being released on the PS3 6 months earlier.
It would have sold better, but still not very well. There's just too much competition for FPS games on the 360 for a half-hearted update to succeed.

Nikorasu

Drama aside, I'm pretty disappointed. I was really looking forward to playing this on PC.

Oh well. I hope Sony's money is keeping EA nice and warm at night. I'll just play Stalker and Warhead in the meantime.

EDIT: I do have a ps3, but I can't get a game knowing a better version is around the corner.

fernoca said:
So..Mirror's Edge?
Is a Pal-region only deal, or worldwide?

I wouldn't mind though..-1 this Fall on an already cluttered list..though I wonder what'll happen to the yellow bags..

We don't know. Considering Kotaku is there, has no qualms with being wrong and has yet to post anything about this makes me believe it lacks substance, but who knows. I just think it's fishy EA would do this. Rock Band 2 is more a victim of circumstance, Mass Effect is a totally different story, so a timed exclusive just for the hell of it does seem a bit unlike EA, but who knows.

zaidr said:

Its questionable just how marketable Mirrors Edge will be as well though. As interesting as the title looks, its in unproven territory and won't be marketed to show all the bells and whistles of popular shooters like CoD or Halo.

Its possible that a lot of people just won't "get" Mirrors Edge. Personally I hope they do.

I think it'd be a better idea to just launch a little earlier than November across all platforms if at all possible but I can't say that this timed exclusivity tactic would be bad. Its hard to miss out on the 360 market near Christmas, but then again like some have mentioned it could find itself in a better situation released in a more shallow month of the year.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I hope its a great title that gets the sales it deserves.

Kyoufu

PSGames said:

Going by that logic it should've sold alot on the PC too. ohwait.

Just face it. the day of the deathmatch FPS is over.

PSGames said:

That "From the creators of GoW" stuff wasn't going to work because UT is nothing like GoW. So it didn't really matter when it was released.

Snipes424

Nikorasu said:
Drama aside, I'm pretty disappointed. I was really looking forward to playing this on PC.

Oh well. I hope Sony's money is keeping EA nice and warm at night. I'll just play Stalker and Warhead in the meantime.

EDIT: I do have a ps3, but I can't get a game knowing a better version is around the corner.

Depends if you have a really really good gaming PC, I mean the game will still look/feel amazing on the PS3. But if you have an insane gaming rig, then I guess the choice is up to you.

lupinko

So it's confirmed now? Is it safe to say that it is confirmed worldwide or right now it's looking like it's just for Europe right now?

Nikorasu

Snipes424 said:
Depends if you have a really really good gaming PC, I mean the game will still look/feel amazing on the PS3. But if you have an insane gaming rig, then I guess the choice is up to you.

Well, that's pretty much a given. (and yes, I do :D)

lupinko said:
So it's confirmed now? Is it safe to say that it is confirmed worldwide or right now it's looking like it's just for Europe right now?

No one knows for sure, but given that the story is picking up steam, EA is going to have to make some sort of statement on it.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
SolidSnakex said:
No one knows for sure, but given that the story is picking up steam, EA is going to have to make some sort of statement on it.
Oh god, if Reeves inadvertedly let the cat out of the bag against EA's wishes...

SolidSnakex said:

Again, has any other site picked up on this? Kotaku is there, IGN is there, Gamespot is there, how come an interview done two days ago hasn't been picked up by any English news source? It just sounds fishy.

GenericPseudonym said:
Again, has any other site picked up on this? Kotaku is there, IGN is there, Gamespot is there, how come an interview done two days ago hasn't been picked up by any English news source? It just sounds fishy.

Throw a "Mirror's Edge timed exclusive" search into Google.

SolidSnakex said:

N4G, NeoGaf, Gametrailers forums, ******** (lol) and TalkPlaystation are hardly shining lights of credibility. The only non-forum there is N4G and well...its N4G.

GenericPseudonym said:
N4G, NeoGaf, Gametrailers forums, ******** (lol) and TalkPlaystation are hardly shining lights of credibility. The only non-forum there is N4G and well...its N4G.

You've been talking about Kotaku of all sites and you're now bringing up credibility?

SolidSnakex said:
You've been talking about Kotaku of all sites and you're now bringing up credibility?

I said Kotaku would say anything for hits, and they are actually there. They would fly to this like well, flies on honey.

The N4G article just links to the Heise one with no extra information.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
SolidSnakex said:
That brought me to good ol' Team Xbox Forums. Let's dig in to some great quotes:

I wanted this game 2 months ago. The more videos I see of it, the more boring it looks. PS3 could have it forever for all I care...

If that's true I won't even buy it when it does come to 360.

I'm so glad it was turned into a timed exclusive for PS3. I wouldn't have been able to buy it because of all the games thats coming out this year.

I doubt this news is real. Im sure that this game will release on both the 360 and PS3 when it comes out. If anything, Im sure the game will be a 360 timed exclusive instead of being a PS3 exclusive.

And for those of you that, for whatever reason, actually care about this game, the PS3 version will be the beta for the 360 and PC versions. And with so many other games (and in my opinion, BETTER games) coming out on 360 this year, that sounds like a win to me.

Ahuahahuah

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=591575

rod

Banned
im all for exclusive games to consoles (especially this gen for ps3, since multiplat games usually suck for it but the games built for the ps3 turn out looking fantastic) but im not for timed exclusives. fuck that shit. theres no point (from a gamer perspective...well, maybe for idiot fanboys to rub it in to the "other team")

GenericPseudonym said:
I said Kotaku would say anything for hits, and they are actually there. They would fly to this like well, flies on honey.

The N4G article just links to the Heise one with no extra information.

Blimblim's word is credible enough.

MassiveAttack said:
Blimblim's word is credible enough.

I believe David Reeves said it was exclusive. I don't think he is correct though. I was the person that interviewed him where he said the Bittorrent thing, if you listen to that interview you will realise how out of touch he is in regards to some things.

Nizz

hauton said:

but seriously

Win-win.
Couldn't agree more :D

Top Bottom