• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: Amy Hennig (Star Wars) and Jade Raymond (SW/New IP) games are "a few years out"

Corto

Honest question. Is Jade Raymond a good producer?

Considering her portfolio of titles, yes. Excellent. She managed projects with multi-million dollars budgets, with teams across the world, delivering on time (Watch Dogs had a release delay) and with variable but notable success.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I still dream of a fully fledged Star Wars fighting game. Duel based, visceral lightsaber combat, spanning every iconic film location and featuring characters from all three Star Wars trilogies.

One day, Space Wolf.

One day.

tumblr_lkophoTKoz1qe6uhlo1_r2_500.gif

considering that they are annual Star Wars movies coming out until 2019, it would make a lot of sense for EA to flog the hell out of that liscense they've got as long as the timing is good.

Another full-fledged release in 2016, maybe not? Ones in 17, 18, 19? Yeah, I buy that. Alternate multiplayer and singleplayer focused games every year I would imagine.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
considering that they are annual Star Wars movies coming out until 2019, it would make a lot of sense for EA to flog the hell out of that liscense they've got as long as the timing is good.

Another full-fledged release in 2016, maybe not? Ones in 17, 18, 19? Yeah, I buy that. Alternate multiplayer and singleplayer focused games every year I would imagine.

They've expressly stated -- recently -- that they don't view Star Wars as an annual IP for them. This can change, but I believe that they mean it, at least for now.

Also, there will be annual SW movies beyond 2019, IMO. Disney/Lucasfilm will surely see to it. At "worst" 2020 will miss a film. :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
werent there rumors that it was a Han Solo game? Could be a tie in with the han solo movie

They've posted a variety of smuggler related imagery, though it sounds more like an RPG or action adventure game with classes, so I imagine you might be picking who you are.

FTF

They should really try to have it ready by Nov 2017 before Episode VIII is released in theaters. For sales boost, etc.

Top Bottom