• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Announces Monopoly Streets for Wii/360/PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone actually like Monopoly? I don't think I've ever finished a game of Monopoly in my life because it's so fucking boring. Wake me up when they make Risk HD Remix.

Pennybags said:
Sounds interesting. I'm a bit wary of how this will turn out, however.

I call the Battleship.
2Xv24.png

Dresden

I AM JOHN! said:
Does anyone actually like Monopoly? I don't think I've ever finished a game of Monopoly in my life because it's so fucking boring. Wake me up when they make Risk HD Remix.
I used to play it all the time when I was eight or so, with the family. Playing it every weekend was like the highlight of an otherwise dreary Sunday.

yencid

Dresden said:
I used to play it all the time when I was eight or so, with the family. Playing it every weekend was like the highlight of an otherwise dreary Sunday.
i used to play it in middle school when the teacher gave us free time closer to summer/class ending.

Tmac

For me monopoly is meant to be a fast paced game. All 3d gimmick animations are pointless if they dont add any new content to the game. From the "press b to skip" on the screenshot, im guessing that this is the case.

Monopoly is a wonderfull brand, but thats also the main problem. EA cant change much on game core because of that. Thats a shame. A civilization like real world economy game whould be f****g great. But so far we stuck with monopoly endless re-skins of the same game over and over again.

Speevy

Banned
I'm glad you own Boardwalk. Sure I'll pay. I'll pay, and maybe your car explodes next time around the board.

Cafeman

Actually, I must play this at least 1 time. I never liked Monopoly videogames in the past because they seemed to add too many animations and bloated the experience. But the 3D aspect (and FF button, that I see) might make this kind of fun for a while. *

Monopoly is great for boring old days, of which there aren't any more for me. But recently the power went out for 2 days and we played a 3-4 hour game, it was pretty fun.

*hope they allow money to be thrown in Free Parking (not an "official" rule but everybody I know does it).

Dynoro

I AM JOHN! said:
But Risk Factions is coming soon to XBLA...
and by god does it look awful - cat armies?!?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
just like everyone above says, monopoly video games frequently suffer from unskippable bloat. you start playing the game. oh, cool, an awesome dice rolling animation. awww look at my doggy piece hop along the board. oh ahhahahaa i had to pay rent so now there's an animation of coins showering everywhere. :lol mr monopoly just said "ohhh, tough luck!" when i landed on boardwalk. ten minutes after starting, you've heard and seen all the animations and voice clips, and it's obnoxious and you just want to play the damn game.

i don't expect them to fix it for this one, in fact if anything the perspective seems like it'd make it worse :/

I AM JOHN! said:

normally when someone starts on the "monopoly sucks" bandwagon, they don't advocate an equally random and attrition based game like risk :p

Danthrax said:
Wii Speak exists and works pretty well

you had better hope the people that buy this and want to play it online overlaps with the 1/20th of the us userbase that own wii speak for conduit or animal crossing... and then you better hope that besides owning it, they actually want to use it for something :p

Bad_Boy said:
probably going to have repeated animations up the wazoo.

lol, Hey I actually liked the PSOne Greatest Hits version. I think te animations wont matter that much, as long as we get voice chat options :p

I wonder the achievements and trophies will be. I see there was a version already on PS360 but no online play etc

no thanks. The other game for 360 had such bullshit cheating AI, it got so bad i was predicting dice rolls. Random my ass

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cafeman said:
Actually, I must play this at least 1 time. I never liked Monopoly videogames in the past because they seemed to add too many animations and bloated the experience. But the 3D aspect (and FF button, that I see) might make this kind of fun for a while. *

Monopoly is great for boring old days, of which there aren't any more for me. But recently the power went out for 2 days and we played a 3-4 hour game, it was pretty fun.

*hope they allow money to be thrown in Free Parking (not an "official" rule but everybody I know does it).
Free parking even though it seems fun is a baaaaaaad idea. Ask stump, our resident Monopoly expert/inexplicable defender (j/k stump!).

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Anyone picking this up? It is coming out today. EA has been so quiet about the game that I wasn't sure. Heck, retailers have all kinds of dates for the release. The EA site says today, so I will look for it.

Looking forward to playing with my girl. She loves some Monopoly.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
AstroLad said:
Free parking even though it seems fun is a baaaaaaad idea. Ask stump, our resident Monopoly expert/inexplicable defender (j/k stump!).
-Hey, I have an idea. Let's take a game with design flaws that allow it to run on for an indeterminate length after the winner has already been determined by property distribution and then add a another mechanic that makes this problem even worse!

-Brilliant!

netguy503

dskillzhtown said:
Anyone picking this up? It is coming out today. EA has been so quiet about the game that I wasn't sure. Heck, retailers have all kinds of dates for the release. The EA site says today, so I will look for it.

Looking forward to playing with my girl. She loves some Monopoly.

Did you get the game? How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom