• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EA-Conf] Dead Space 3 co-op gameplay and trailer [Use new footage thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
ENEMIES HAVE GUNS IT ADDS TO THE HORROR THEME OF THE GAME YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND GRRRRRRRR

Disappointed in the direction it went.

No one has ever made that claim. However, facing humans with guns makes perfect sense given the story that the previous games have been developing. It would be weird not to run into Unitologists and EarthGov forces this time around given all that's happened.

Yuterald

Dead Space: Army of Two

Eh, the only cool Dead Space was the first one. The second game was a step in the wrong direction. This game just looks plain old wrong. Done with this franchise now.

Mr. Sam

I'm fine with the co-op if it's optional - I'll hopefully find a friend to play along and have fun with. It's the firefights that betray the survival horror element. Still looking forward to it.

SamuraiX-

Congrats, EA.

You've succeeded in turning the Dead Space franchise into something that is even more dudebro and shootbang than Gears of War, a feat I never imagined possible.

I lost it at the diverolls. lol

i-Lo

So the co-op is actually in SP itself!? If so:

Well for people who like a little scare (thanks to the company of another) and a lot of action this game will do just fine. However, it looks like what made it special in the first place, the characteristic that identified this game in somewhat dying breed has been taken away.

Looks like EA decided to play for big numbers here.

Deadly

Wow...I never even used the automatic rifle in Dead Space.... Where's my fucking plasma cutter? Way to ruin a good franchise..

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Wow...I never even used the automatic rifle in Dead Space.... Where's my fucking plasma cutter? Way to ruin a good franchise..

Because if it's not in the super brief EA conference demo, it's not in the game.

Because if it's not in the super brief EA conference demo, it's not in the game.

Well, of course! The entire game is gonna be a dude-bro banter fest that makes Gears of War look like it has estrogen pumping in its vein. I can tell by the demo where they wanted to show off their newest and most substantial feature that the previous titles did not have!

InFamy

Neo Member
As someone who loved Dead Space 1 and 2 to death is it weird that this really doesn't really bother me at all? It makes sense for Issac to be fighting Unitologists and EarthGov considering what happened in the last two games. Since Co-op is optional I'm cool with it. Eh maybe its just my optimism speaking.

Sojgat

Just when I think I can't be any more disappointed, then I watch this. Videogames what the hell happened to you.

Chao

I DIDN'T SEE THAT VIDEO DEAD SPACE IS STILL AWESOME LALALALA

1297473_o.gif

"Shootbang", that dude is right on the money bro.

DS wasn't my favourite franchise to begin with. Did enjoy DS for what it was and played through 2 but may just skip 3 or pick up super cheap somewhere along the line.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I was offended by bro-talk more than co-op itself. It sounded primitive, unnatural and out of place. They sounded like two players playing a videogame not people who are on the brink of death.

I'm incredibly disappointed. It's not that it looks bad; but it simply isn't Dead Space. It's now more like Gears of War.

I actually groaned when I saw Isaac do a forward roll.

I don't understand what everyones problem was. It looked like Dead Space to me. Dead Space 1 had scenes exactly like that.
Yeah, you know that part of Dead Space where you traded hokey banter with your co-op partner as you dodge rolled out from behind cover and traded gunfire with human enemies. You know. That part.

I loved RE5 so this looks great to me. You gotta have friends though for that game to be great so i get why some people don't like it. But i will miss Dead Space.

gibration

What's with the crosshairs? :/ I personally don't like what they've shown so far. Demo reminded me of Gears of War 2/3.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So Amnesia is the only true survival horror game left?

Also will the industry stop spitting shooters? If it weren't for indie games I would gave stopped gaming a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom