• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA FC 24 - Anyone playing the early access?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Played the beta, yeah it was decent. Can’t play early access though as the switch hasn’t got the ultimate edition.

This is probably the least hype FIFA or FC whatever u want to call it ever
Literally streamers are playing it there is no reviews and 0 buzz about the game.
I wanna buy it but I want to see how much is it different from 23

Thanati

This is probably the least hype FIFA or FC whatever u want to call it ever
Literally streamers are playing it there is no reviews and 0 buzz about the game.
I wanna buy it but I want to see how much is it different from 23
My sentiments exactly. The last one I had was 22 (which was the first since 12) :) I must admit to being intrigued by this though.

Thanati

What do you wanna know? It's like Fifa so not a whole lot has changed. Few nice cosmetic overlays during the match.

How do the players handle? I wasn't keen on 23's handling compared to 22 (I did only play a demo though). Overall sense of speed, presentation etc?

RagnarokIV

This lad is:

Last edited:
What do you wanna know? It's like Fifa so not a whole lot has changed. Few nice cosmetic overlays during the match.
Umm alot of things actually since it's not FIFA anymore
How many teams are in licenced
How do girls fit in fut
How much did the gameplay changed
How is the season and career mode.
Etc etc

HAYA8U5A

Umm alot of things actually since it's not FIFA anymore
How many teams are in licenced
How do girls fit in fut
How much did the gameplay changed
How is the season and career mode.
Etc etc

The FIFA license was just branding so the only thing it changed was the name and not team/league licenses or anything like that. Women will be divisive just like they were in HUT last year since a lot of people won't be happy with them being rated on par with the men. Personally I'm fine with it since I just consider it new players to try out. Some will also not like that most women will be much smaller players but I think that was a bigger factor in HUT than FUT due to the physical difference of hockey. Packs also seem heavily weighted to pulling the women based on the packs I opened last night (4 of my 5 highest rated players were women) so I'm sure that will rub some people the wrong way. I don't play a ton of FIFA/FC plus I am far from a football expert so I am not going to be a good person to judge gameplay differences. It seems a lot slower paced but I play FUT so coming from 99 overall players to low 80's could be a factor in that. Can't comment on career and stuff since I am a FUT player.

At the end of the day don't let the name change fool you, this is FIFA 24 and not a new game so it is just the usual roster update and minor changes that come with all yearly sports games.

Last edited:
They probably had to do more work for this release then the previous 5 years for this game.

Now they didnt just have to change a nr 23->24 they also had to remove every mention of FIFA and replace it with EAFC.

The rest is probably just copy paste like always

Top Bottom