• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA holding live conf on PS4 today at Morgan Stanley tech conf [Up: Summary in OP]

Kyoufu

GEN 4 = 720/PS4, comparable power, launching probably close to each other, game prices could be higher at start, DD is huge business, but retail still important. BF4 looks awesome, gen 4 1080/60fps. new power will allow them to do alot more.
Is what I got from it.

I will applaud DICE if BF4 is 60fps.

thuway

GEN 4 = 720/PS4, comparable power, launching probably close to each other, game prices could be higher at start, DD is huge business, but retail still important. BF4 looks awesome, gen 4 1080/60fps. new power will allow them to do alot more.
Is what I got from it.

He said this :D?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So $70 game, but you get both the PS4 and Xbox version digitally? That's be alright.

What is the point?

Also, game prices higher? LOL to that. Good luck, publishers. Good luck.

Is what I got from it.

Interesting...

EA exclusive to next xbox. Peter Moore stands on stage with EA tattoo in one arm and MS tattoo in the other. And yells. GAME OVER

i1Q1c2gdvKaPF.gif

Biggzy

I will applaud DICE if BF4 is 60fps.

If they are able to get BF4 to run at 1080p and 60fps on both console then they deserve a medal.

The current specs that we know for Durango and Orbis are still "comparable". That doesn't mean that they are neck and neck though.

I think the accepted theory is that they are not neck and neck, but there are a couple of people on this forum who think that we could be getting a situition where games are running 60fps on the PS4 and 30fps on Durango.

Is what I got from it.

Also everybody loves microtransactions so get used to it... And single player gamers are the scum of the universe.

The current specs that we know for Durango and Orbis are still "comparable". That doesn't mean that they are neck and neck though.

I don't know, some extraordinary claims are being made by thuway in the "Tides turned on Microsoft" thread.

They suggest the hardware isn't as capable as we've been led to believe.

Ploid 3.0

Oh man, I'd buy the tits out of that.

I've gotten versions of games where I wish I got the other version. That would be fucking awesome.

The problem with the idea of buying one game slightly higher for the product on two different platforms is it's not very useful for a average consumer, and it's highly exploitable by anyone. Your friend, cousin, 2 for the price of 1 paypal internet stranger you hooked up with just to get the game cheaper can just go in together on the deal, get the version you two want and never speak again.

Proelite

Yep their differences compared to Wii U versus their differences when compared against the other would show that they're still comparable.

EvB

Careful, people around here will freak the heck out over any suggestion that isn't 100% accurate, has screen shots, receipts, a gold stamp, video , multiple links, and a sworn on the bible oath that what you typed is truth and not a joke or possibly inaccurate.

;)

Needs about 4GB more ram too.

statham

"New consoles are 8-10 times more powerful than current generation" — so PS4 and Durango are comparable? Thank god for that.
this is the line he said about power, and a minute or two later that MS and Sony hopefully aligns there launches. If I remember right, there was a slight pause with the guy asking the questions.

Mrbob

If they are able to get BF4 to run at 1080p and 60fps on both console then they deserve a medal.

I think the accepted theory is that they are not neck and neck, but there are a couple of people on this forum who think that we could be getting a situition where games are running 60fps on the PS4 and 30fps on Durango.
I'm not saying this is the case but your example could be considered comparable.

I'm guessing comparable will be like the ps3 and 360 but the ps4 will consistently have the better version this time.

The problem with the idea of buying one game slightly higher for the product on two different platforms is it's not very useful for a average consumer, and it's highly exploitable by anyone. Your friend, cousin, 2 for the price of 1 paypal internet stranger you hooked up with just to get the game cheaper can just go in together on the deal, get the version you two want and never speak again.

Yup! It'll never happen.

Dear God man, two versions? why?

I would always buy AC games on PS3, than get annoyed how messy the version is and go out and rent the 360 version to play through my first time. It's sad.

Concept17

I want a MP only version of BF4, I have not played the SP of the last BF games.

As nice as this would be, it would only potentially hurt their chances at competing with CoD. Sadly many people actually do buy these games for their single player component, though I'm not sure why.

Top Bottom