• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA holding live conf on PS4 today at Morgan Stanley tech conf [Up: Summary in OP]

Klocker

OMG8GBGDDR5 people freaking out about "comparable in power comment" 3...2...1...

get used to it folks... all of the power chest beating this week is going to be put to bed long before and certainly after the consoles (and BF4 which I can not wait for 1080p/60?) are released.

games will look and play the same, to most people

Raide

1080p@60fps is awesome but if they still stick to 24 odd players, then they are missing the point. I would rather have 1080p@30fps and get 64 players running around.

Astery

can someone put the conf on youtube or something if possible? Can't deal with EA's registration. Or a complete summary? There's only bits and pieces I'm reading from everyone here.

OMG8GBGDDR5 people freaking out about "comparable in power comment" 3...2...1...

get used to it folks... all of the power! chest beating this week is going to be put to bed long before and certainly after the consoles (and BF4) are released.

Eh, from what we know now there will be differences, but not that big a deal. They are both a big leap from current gen, hence comparable.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The only thing they said about battlefield 4 was that it looks amazing. Nothing was said about it being 1080p 60fps.

If I followed the thread correctly, the mentioned 1080p/60fps in conjunction with next-gen consoles, then talked about Battlefield 4, but yeah never officially tied them together.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if a game that's on 360/PS3 is 1080p/60fps on next-gen. Frostbite 2 is very hardware friendly to a setup like we see in next-gen.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
$70 price point consideration can go to hell, EA. Don't you dare.
The rest of the stuff mentioned was expected though. Looking forward to seeing BF4 in motion.

baphomet

If I followed the thread correctly, the mentioned 1080p/60fps in conjunction with next-gen consoles, then talked about Battlefield 4, but yeah never officially tied them together.

I didn't hear anything about 1080p 60fps during the conference at all. I may have missed, but I didn't hear it personally.

get used to it folks... all of the power chest beating this week is going to be put to bed long before and certainly after the consoles (and BF4 which I can not wait for 1080p/60?) are released.

Thank God you refuted thier arguments before they made them. Saves us all some time.

DICE are better developers than anyone gives them credit for?

Or BF4 is not a true next gen game, cause it cross gen? Unlike KZ: SF, which sis developed with only PS4 in mind. I'm sure BF5 will be a much bigger improvement over BF3 visually, and will probably go back down to 30fps on consoles.

nib95

Banned
Bare in mind people, if as in the audio they stated, they've been working on next gen titles for a year, it means they'd have had 12gb ddr3 to use with Next box (assuming 8gb final) and 2.2gb gddr5 (assuming 2gb final) with Orbis. That's partly why I fully expect the Nextbox to have better looking games at the first few reveals.

pswii60

If they are able to get BF4 to run at 1080p and 60fps on both console then they deserve a medal.

I think the accepted theory is that they are not neck and neck, but there are a couple of people on this forum who think that we could be getting a situition where games are running 60fps on the PS4 and 30fps on Durango.
So, like PS2 compared to Xbox perhaps.
Bare in mind people, if as in the audio they stated, they've been working on next gen titles for a year, it means they'd have had 12gb ddr3 to use with Next box (assuming 8gb final) and 2.2gb gddr5 (assuming 2gb final) with Orbis. That's partly why I fully expect the Nextbox to have better looking games at the first few reveals.
Now that's what I call premature damage control.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her

2Gb final for Ps4? - Is there supposed to be some humor I'm missing there? - Because it's absent.

nib95

Banned
So, like PS2 compared to Xbox perhaps.

Now that's what I call premature damage control.

Not damage control, straight facts. Only in January of this year did PS4 Dev kits have 4gb gddr5. None have 8gb of GDDR5 as far as I am aware, though naturally they eventually will.

2Gb final for Ps4? - Is there supposed to be some humor I'm missing there? - Because it's absent.

No humour. Original ps4 Dev kits up until just a couple of months ago had just 2.2gb of vram. The implication being that the final retail kit would have around that. Obviously devs can't create games for 8gb vram when they only have 2.2gb to work with. With respect to the new 4gb gddr5 kits, not all devs even have them. Presumably some will likely jump straight to the 8gb GDDR5 or more (having more than retail is normal in dev kits due to needing extra for debugging).

Ploid 3.0

He's talking about what the Developers was focusing on before the PS4 event. So their games on display could have been developed with 2gb in mind, thinking that 2gb was final.

I find it amazing how publishers are waiting for Microsoft to unveil the new Xbox.

Makes it easier to show new IPs.. Company X "Hey guys! This fantastic new IP is coming! On PS4... and err" Journos "So is it exclusive to PS4 or coming to Durango as well" Company X "Well hmm, eeerr well wait and see!"

I think companies just want to be able to announce all their new games on all platforms at the same time.

Not to mention Microsoft will want to show off some of the new titles at their conference ala Deep Down.

Gamers are too.
Im talking about game announcements.
Publishers refuse to announce new games, they're waiting for microsoft to make their move.

Makes it easier to show new IPs.. Company X "Hey guys! This fantastic new IP is coming! On PS4... and err" Journos "So is it exclusive to PS4 or coming to Durango as well" Company X "Well hmm, eeerr well wait and see!"

I think companies just want to be able to announce all their new games on all platforms at the same time.

Not to mention Microsoft will want to show off some of the new titles at their conference ala Deep Down.
Watch Dogs? Destiny?

Top Bottom