• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"EA is going to announce something that will make Madden 360 gamers really happy"

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
_leech_ said:
You what i'd really like to see? I actually pitched this idea to a buddy of mine a while ago...

How about bi-yearly releases? Let's say, buy Madden 07 this fall and that'll be the last major release until Madden 09. What to do in between? Downloadable upgrades, or one huge upgrade pack adding updated rosters and a few new features in time for the 08 season. This way it'll alleviate the whole "upgrade every year for one new feature" syndrome, people will be able to upgrade only if they want to at less than the cost of a new release, and it'll give developers more time to make the next major release actually worthwhile.

Why would they ever want to do that? People keep buying them, for God knows what ****ing reason, so they'll keep pumping them out.

A business, then again EA, will never do what's better for the game when they can reep profits like this.

SnakeXs said:
Why would they ever want to do that? People keep buying them, for God knows what ****ing reason, so they'll keep pumping them out.

A business, then again EA, will never do what's better for the game when they can reep profits like this.

I know, and i'm not a businessman, so i like ideas that benefit consumers. Sue me :p

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
_leech_ said:
I know, and i'm not a businessman, so i like ideas that benefit consumers. Sue me :p

I agree it's a good idea, limit releases, make them worth it, and have roster changes uploaded, but let's be realistic, it'll never happen, especially with Madden being one of the top selling games year, after year, after year.

DMczaf

AZ Greg said:
:lol :lol :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if it was new Madden 07 picture packs and a theme. :(

They already did that last year.

Its either something to do with online (leagues, or something else) or it could be that Superstar mode made it into Madden 07

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
goldenpp72 said:
Since when has ign broke a seriously GOOD story? Ign seems to have a habbit of hyping shitty news.

There is always that. IGN usually hypes up some bs. It might mean some crap associated with the 360 webcam. Probably some crap you can put your face in the game.

_leech_ said:
You what i'd really like to see? I actually pitched this idea to a buddy of mine a while ago...

How about bi-yearly releases? Let's say, buy Madden 07 this fall and that'll be the last major release until Madden 09. What to do in between? Downloadable upgrades, or one huge upgrade pack adding updated rosters and a few new features in time for the 08 season. This way it'll alleviate the whole "upgrade every year for one new feature" syndrome, people will be able to upgrade only if they want to at less than the cost of a new release, and it'll give developers more time to make the next major release actually worthwhile.

Only to have the NFL drastically change rules and such for the off year. Then everyone would complain about the rules not being right in the '07 game for the 2007 season. :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
_leech_ said:

I don't think they'd want to do this. Doesn't every version have fairly constant, outrageously good sales as it is?

if it's not one of the following:

* online leagues/franchises
* 60 fps
* game plays like the current gen madden but with better graphics

then i don't give a shit. give me what i want EA!

p.s. gaf is there any quicker way to get the trolls out in droves than to start an EA/Madden thread? the answer is no :D

bdoughty

Banned
Blog Image Edited for Truth

jrob.jpg

Jrob explanation as to image change (one of many)

Aaron Boulding explanation as to image change (one of many)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Kabouter said:
Why would madden 360 gamers, who already own the game, be happy about a demo for that game?

There is already a demo for THAT game. This is regarding Madden 2007.

bdoughty

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. gaf is there any quicker way to get the trolls out in droves than to start an EA/Madden thread? the answer is no :D

Gee and all this time it was any PS3/360/Wii console discussion thread or NPD Sales Thread... Guess you do not delve to deeply into those. ;)

Gee and all this time is was any PS3/360/Wii console discussion thread or NPD Sales Thread... Guess you do not delve to deeply into those. ;)

you are correct. i don't involve in system bashing on sales circle jerks! i only care about madden! convert BD... CONVERT!!!1

Sanjuro

Annouce that they lost the NFL license to 2K and they are building Mutant League from the ground up?

That would make me very happy so long as Bones Jackson comes out of retirement.

bdoughty

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you are correct. i don't involve in system bashing on sales circle jerks! i only care about madden! convert BD... CONVERT!!!1

I am buying Madden 07 but just for the Xbox dagnabbit. :D

Waiting for that new CPU, pricedrop and Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 to show up in January before hitting the 360. Plenty of life left in the Xbox for me. Hopefully NCAA/Madden 07 will have dropped in price or I can score used versions since I will have already paid full price for the Xbox versions of both.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Kabouter said:
Why would madden 360 gamers, who already own the game, be happy about a demo for that game?

I figured this news would be about Madden 07.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:
The actual announcement is that Madden 07 will ban gameshark owners

ITS OVER FOR YOU FMT! GIVE IT UP!

Even FMT's GameShark cant beat me. FMT Is no longer a threat

*Brushes Dirt Off Shoulder*

Ck, on the other hand...

you got 2 lucky wins against me. don't count the packers win. i am going to stomp this shit out of you next time we play madden just to exert my dominance over you... nay, ALL of gaf! 3 out of 7 championships belong to me! dynasty! you are dead buddy... without terrible owens i can tee off on mcribb!

CB3

You can talk all you want buddy! I have a 3 Game winning streak on you. Its all over

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
a 3 game winning streak against the redskins/packers! you have never beaten alex smith, and you never will. admit it!

You are very lucky that i dont have the PS2 anymore, or id make you eat those words!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I read something at Gamestop yesterday that says that Madden 07 will give out points and you are allowed to gamble and wager those online for unlockable shit. That is nice

crunker99

_leech_ said:

i think you are forgetting who puts out madden, EA does dude, they like to make money, like every publisher

you buying a game once every 2 years is not a good moneymaking plan because they cant FORCE you to buy the updates lol come on man use that cynical brain, at least if there is a whole new version of the game to buy you are more likley to update because you think you are getting something brand new

pilonv1

FrenchMovieTheme said:

This is the first thing I thought of when I read the topic. Either that or a demo but that's not going to make anyone happy, it's just going to put focus on what they haven't done right.

Top Bottom