• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"EA is going to announce something that will make Madden 360 gamers really happy"

TheDuce22

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
if it's not one of the following:

* online leagues/franchises
* 60 fps
* game plays like the current gen madden but with better graphics

then i don't give a shit. give me what i want EA!

p.s. gaf is there any quicker way to get the trolls out in droves than to start an EA/Madden thread? the answer is no :D

Proof that madden fans fear change. EA doesnt improve their game because their fans dont want them to. Maybe they will give the NFL license back to VC so we can have a real next gen football game.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
TheDuce22 said:
Proof that madden fans fear change. EA doesnt improve their game because their fans dont want them to. Maybe they will give the NFL license back to VC so we can have a real next gen football game.

Are you forgetting QB Vision? That was a great improvement :)

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
TheDuce22 said:

Oh please.

bdoughty

Banned
TheDuce22 said:

I always tried to deny the fact, but most 2K football zealots are really annoying. I see the light!

Now go play MLB & NHL 2K6 on the 360 and zip it with the "real next gen game phooey." They all pretty much mailed it in on the first batch of 360 games.

TheDuce22

Banned
bdoughty said:
I always tried to deny the fact, but most 2K football zealots are really annoying. I see the light!

Now go play MLB & NHL 2K6 on the 360 and zip it with the "real next gen game phooey." They all pretty much mailed it in on the first batch of 360 games.

NBA 2k6 is probably the best basketball game ever. VC never put much effort into their MLB and NHL games. The main focus was on football. If they were allowed to create a next gen NFL game its highly likely that it would have kicked the shit out of Madden.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
no tilt gameplay. tilt gameplay Wii/PSiii exclusive.
Tilting am not next gen.

real time jersey mapping an glass eye shaders

qcf x2

bdoughty said:

NBA 2k6 says hi, slaps you in the face then runs away.

Anyway, I hope it's 60 FPS. And I'm pretty sure it is, as I seem to remember reading an interview where the developers said that they were going to improve the framerate.

bdoughty

Banned
TheDuce22 said:
NBA 2k6 is probably the best basketball game ever. VC never put much effort into their MLB and NHL games. The main focus was on football. If they were allowed to create a next gen NFL game its highly likely that it would have kicked the shit out of Madden.

Wow the hypocrisy is thick, I must tread lightly through the muck. As much as I love 2K5 making these assumptions are foolish. You could easily say EA's main focus was football. Unless you have EA's budget you have no clue as to what they spend on each genre.

(insert comments any EA fan would throw out)
EA would have kicked the shit out of MLB with it's MVP game IF they were allowed to make one. They are already kicking it with a current gen Xbox game based on college teams. Even little 989 smacked them upside the head with a better MLB game. (end their rant)

So VC does not put much effort in the MLB game even though they have the Third Party exclusive? Could it be they spent so much money on paying for the exclusive they had to limit their budget on what went into the game? They sure as heck were not spending alot on QA. Tidbit: Those football guys on the VC team had to go to other projects, or move on to another company. So it's not like the baseball or any other of their teams is completely devoid of talent. In theory one would imagine each team getting stronger and creating a better game. Yet..... They JUST released the Gamecube version, as if porting the game to it required some kind of special decoder ring to get it out to retail.

They took a game that many people enjoyed in previous versions, gave it to Kush and now it has become the bastard child of baseball. Who is to say they might make the same mistakes with a football game? They have done it before with a football game.

ncacf2k3.jpg

PS. NBA 2K6 is still a ways away from being the greatness that was Inside Drive 2004. They are slowly getting there now that they have some of the ID dev team on their staff but it is not there yet.

bdoughty

Banned
qcf x2 said:
NBA 2k6 says hi, slaps you in the face then runs away.

What exactly did NBA 2K6 do that was so spectacular? It's a better looking version of the Xbox game. Outside of graphics please explain how NBA 2K6 is setting the "next gen bar so high?" I have played both the Xbox and 360 versions of it and College 2K6 and the only thing that caught my eye, outside of graphical enhancements, were the new camera angles. Other then that it felt like I was playing the same thing.

Jim

Speaking of playing Madden 07...

Anyone in the NYC area want to hang out with some NFL players and play Madden 07, on June 23rd, PM me. :)

Why don't you VC fangirls go out into the desert and start digging. Im sure you'll run into a copy or two (or two thousand) of NFL 2k3. That should give you plenty to do with your time and you can give us superior Madden fans a break.

SonnyBoy

As an avid Madden fan, I was also a great fan of the 2k series. Any person dismissing the 2k series completey is an idiot. Both series have/had problems. Madden is far from perfect. It was nice having a change of pace when the Madden series had an "off" (some say every year :lol ) year. I hope EA loses the liscense.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
SonnyBoy said:
As an avid Madden fan, I was also a great fan of the 2k series. Any person dismissing the 2k series completey is an idiot. Both series have/had problems. Madden is far from perfect. It was nice having a change of pace when the Madden series had an "off" (some say every year :lol ) year. I hope EA loses the liscense.

You have a point, but in this thread you have people dismissing Madden outright. They don't even kmake @k football anymore for ****'s sake and the 2K fans still appear and start trolling.

I loved 2K too, so I can share a message with everyone- get over it.

Zep

Banned
shantyman said:
I loved 2K too, so I can share a message with everyone- get over it.

agreed. Even though I hate the way Madden 360 is turning out. I'll find out when I get a chance to play it in 2 weeks.

bdoughty

Banned
shantyman said:
EVERYONE agrees Madden 360 was a pile of shit. Everyone!

Well there was this guy...

If you go to some of the sports gaming sites (OS, DSP, MM) you find plenty of numbnuts who enjoyed Madden 360 thouroughly. Oh and by "enjoyed" I actually mean finding enough things positive about the game to help justify the $59.99 price tag and the system to play next gen football.

A personal favorite of mine.... I wont even mention names or where from.

There is a massive upgrade in the visuals, it's a competely different beast. I mean, the players have fully articulating fingers, individual fingers. You don't see that on PS2!

Admittedly, it's tough to see how good Madden 360 can look when what you see is in low-res videos on the web, but the difference is very real and very great, and indeed has a large impact on the gameplay and the overall experience.

It's kind of sad when you break out the fully articulating fingers. Especially when they do not even articulate in 60fps. :D

TheDuce22

Banned
shantyman said:
Blame TheDuce, he started this cycle of hate!

I didnt start the hating on EA, I just joined in. If the Madden franchise were eliminated by an alliance of two money hungry corporations you would be bitter too. In my opinion Madden fans never gave 2K a chance because they didnt want to learn a new football game, it didnt matter how superior it may or may not have been.

bdoughty

Banned
TheDuce22 said:
I didnt start the hating on EA, I just joined in. If the Madden franchise were eliminated by an alliance of two money hungry corporations you would be bitter too. In my opinion Madden fans never gave 2K a chance because they didnt want to learn a new football game, it didnt matter how superior it may or may not have been.

You have somewhat of a point there. I would agree that your typical Madden fan who is a casual gamer would not give the game a shot (at $49.99). Many did give it a shot at $19.99. Problem is that once the price went back up the casual gamer fan goes back to playing only Madden. The hardcore sports gamers are the ones who tend to pick up multiple games in the same sports. The hardcore sports gamers are also a large minority of people who buy sports games. See the NPD posted from 10 years ago. It is a totaly different ball game now with a different group of people buying them.

Of course Sega/Take2/Visual Concepts are partly to blame for their lack of proper advertising (Especially during the Sega Sports era). Just show NFL 2K5 on MTV cribs a few times being played by (insert any rapper/hip-hop artist/athlete "here") and voila you have doubled your sales with PS2 owners alone.

If only Carmen Electra and the Cribs mode was in NFL 2K2 and Funkmaster Flash was paying on the 2K beats back then. Too little to late trying to attract the casual gamer. Credit EA for wanting to be the be all to the masses. Tiger Woods arcade-esque gameplay is a testimony to that on the consoles. Where on the PC it is geared toward the older golfing crowd.

One thing EA knows better than most is where they can get the most bang for the buck in sales and how to tweak their games/gameplay accordingly.

some points of note:

1. there is no doubt madden 360 LOOKED incredible. the detail in the players was astounding. sometimes i would replay random plays just to see how gorgeous the game was up-close. there is also no doubt that it PLAYED like shit. im not trying to bait anyone here or purposely piss anyone off, but if you asked me a year ago what i would expect NFL 2k6 360 to look and play like (if it existed) madden 360 would be pretty close to my expectations: gorgeous graphics, sub par gameplay (although the NFL 2kx series NEVER played as horribly as madden 360)

2. there isn't a madden fan on the planet that would prefer madden to have the NFL exclusive license. i bought every NFL 2kx there ever was and i would love for it to be around today (although i think madden is vastly superior)

3. NBA 2k6 was a good game, but not great. play against human opponents consistently and you will see how the game degrades into garbage ball. i suppose single player could have been incredible, but to be honest with you all i don't buy sports games to play single player.

TheDuce22

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
3. NBA 2k6 was a good game, but not great. play against human opponents consistently and you will see how the game degrades into garbage ball. i suppose single player could have been incredible, but to be honest with you all i don't buy sports games to play single player.

Not sure what your talking about here. Ive played a few matches online, one guy tried to cheese me by running down the court and scoring quickly but it is possible to stop. Online and offline, I havent run into any problems besides that.

Not sure what your talking about here. Ive played a few matches online, one guy tried to cheese me by running down the court and scoring quickly but it is possible to stop. Online and offline, I havent run into any problems besides that.

not even talking about the "cheese" like that. we had a gaf league, and even playing legit felt cheesy. why? there is NO midrange game. there is no incentive to shoot a midrange shot because it is so bad. what ends up happening is a lot of points in the paint (we're talking 75-85%) and lots of 3 point attempts. trust me i had no fun, the inside game is broken, the midrange game is broken, there is no mid-air collision detection, fouls are rarely called when "contact" happens (although contact doesn't happen because the defender usually is "magically" moved back and the offensive player allowed to dunk). NBA 2k6 was an ok game just as i said, but not great.

shpankey

not an idiot
i'm with FMT totally on nba 2k6 having major issues that basically broke it. i do like the game but i have to overlook a lot when playing it.

and the best basketball game in terms of on the court gameplay is STILL NBA Inside Drive on Xbox. not nearly enough people recognize this fact around here.

DMczaf

If Konex even comes in here defending NBA2K6, I'll just have 1 thing to say to him

80 ****ing points in the paint!

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
truffleshuffle83 said:
i dont, i think the gameplay and ai was shit. but the game looks good on an HD set 6/10 from me

That's what I meant, just the gameplay, it looked good aside from framerate and tearing.

DMczaf

shpankey said:
DM, do you and FMT ever play Inside Drive online still?

If its not BC on 360, i dont have it. :(

Inside Drive was like a breath of fresh air, seeing a NBA game with a midrange game! Defensive stance that actually worked! Ryan Bowen destroying FMT for 30+ pts! You remember FMT!!

Kangu

Banned
DMczaf said:
If Konex even comes in here defending NBA2K6, I'll just have 1 thing to say to him

80 ****ing points in the paint!

Were you playing as Kobe? 'Cause if you were then it's just realistic.

shpankey

not an idiot
DMczaf said:
If its not BC on 360, i dont have it. :(

Inside Drive was like a breath of fresh air, seeing a NBA game with a midrange game! Defensive stance that actually worked! Ryan Bowen destroying FMT for 30+ pts! You remember FMT!!
so true. it's one of the best things about inside drive, the midrange game I mean.

and so i take it you were the dominant player over FMT then?

h1nch

i dream of the day when all the lame ass 2k fans will just disappear, or stop trashing EA, as if the 2K football games were anything more than graphical showcases.

2K games had HORRIBLE football mechanics.

OMG BUT THEY DIDN'T HAVE MARIO RUNNING ADSFADHFJK.

true, but mario running is a graphical issue, not a gameplay issue. with the proper slider tweaks, you can get madden to play out exactly like an NFL game, with proper running and passing stats and whatnot. 2k sliders are ****ing garbage. not only that, when you change the difficulty all it does is change the sliders which are WAY too easy even when set to max. I'm totally not used to 2k style games but after a few weeks I could pretty much destroy the AI on the highest settings. To this day I still play Madden on all pro (with tweaks) as it gives me the right balance of challenge and fun factor.

If anything, Madden 360 seems closer to the 2K games than current gen Madden. Terrific graphics, suspect gameplay.

Suikoguy said:
You won't have to go to the store to buy it, you will be able to purchase a roster update for 4000 points?

That would rock. Buy the base game and download yearly expansion packs cheap.

They should do this with Tony Hawk and Dynasty Warriors too!

DMczaf

shpankey said:
so true. it's one of the best things about inside drive, the midrange game I mean.

and so i take it you were the dominant player over FMT then?

No, it was when I used the Nuggets and ran my whole offense through Ryan Bowen :lol

Great White Hope > FMT!

i remember no ryan bowen.

and :lol for those of you who dont know, konex scored 89 points in a game, and i think 80 of those points came in the paint (talking NBA 2k6 360)

Top Bottom