• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: Our future games lineup is an "embarrassment of riches"; talks FY17/scheduling

Tagg9

"It's a little bit of an embarrassment of riches particularly in [fiscal year 2017], which commences for us on April 1, 2016," Moore said in response to a question about EA's upcoming lineup. "We've got some of our core franchises; a new Battlefield coming up, a new Mass Effect title coming up; we actually kick off the year with Mirror's Edge Catalyst, which we pushed out of FY 16 and into FY 17.

"And we also have Mass Effect Andromeda from our BioWare studio. And Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 is shipping in Q4 of this [fiscal] year."

They have so few titles coming out that he had to mention Mass Effect twice...

m_dorian

Can we say "embarrassment and riches" instead? With exception of Mirror's Edge, all of these games are part of a painfully stale formula and/or shameful annualized shovelware and/or designed to be more safe in the market than they are there for refreshing gaming experiences. They're shipped to be the bare minimum of something they feel people are willing to pay for and they draw in millions of people a year with it.

There's little denying that EA has mastered the art of "making video games for the purpose of maximizing revenue"--that results in happy investors--but certainly not "making video games for the sake of making good games." Endless games of extremely average reception for AAA titles and games of perhaps slightly-above-average entertainment levels. Rarely if ever anything considered innovative, revolutionary, GOTY-tier or otherwise.

I agree with this. EA's recent games might be visually stunning, and be some kind of fun, but i believe that they are soulless creations. Because EA's real devs are the accountants and not the devs themselves.

Staf

Only interested in Mirror's edge, looks super awesome. Couldn't care less about Mass effect after 3. FPS isn't my thing and Garden warfare looks uninteresting as well.

When is the next UFC game coming out??

One Battlefield game a gen please. Don't need to bastardize the series any futher

No way, BF4 is great but it was a launch game for this gen. With all the work DICE has done to Frostbite, I definitely want to see another BF game this gen and another battlefront too.

jjonez18

They consider NBA Live a franchise? That's cute.

So much from EA next year, but all anybody will ever talk about it Yarnie.

They need to expand the content for Titanfall 2 and skip the single player mode. Not all shooters need a campaign and this multiplayer focused game should do just that. Focus on multiplayer.

Have a big set of maps for launch, weapons, titans etc. By coming out the gate with a rich selection of content that already helps them differentiate from all the other shooters. They've built good will from TF1, lack of content is a comment that always comes up. Focus on what they do best and don't waste time and resources on a single player mode most people won't even touch let alone finish.

Opinions of course.

prag16

Banned
I'm expecting Fall 2017. They've been clear they're not doing annual Star Wars games.

A game a year would definitely sell, as long as they diversified between different genres, etc. Oh well.

I guess Fall 2017 is a reasonable expectation. That's okay. These days I don't have a ton of time for gaming anyhow; I'm generally not able to REALLY dig deep into more than a handful of games per year.

-MD-

Will people spend $60 on Garden Warfare 2? I did enjoy the first one ...

Garden Warfare was my favorite multi last year, in my top 3 games overall.

Can't see myself spending 60 on it though, think I'll wait and pay $30 like I did the original. I'll definitely be getting it on PC at some point.

Ralemont

not me
Don't forget Unraveled!

UnravelPS-610.jpg

skate sep 2007
The Orange Box oct 2007
Rock Band nov 2007
Crysis nov 2007
Spore sep 2008
Dead Space oct 2008

That is what you call an embarrassment of riches. Don't get me wrong I appreciate Mirror's Edge but eh.

Have more types of ai-bots that progress as the match goes on instead of stopping at spectre. Perhaps have larger game modes with more players, with alsoh aving flying titans and stuff. That'd be epic.

Agree on pretty much all counts here, especially the last bit. I really hope they still have AI grunts running around, and it would be cool if there were more classes of grunts to kill, would mix things up a bit.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Will people spend $60 on Garden Warfare 2? I did enjoy the first one ...

I loved, LOVED the first one (Platinum'd), but nothing they've shown of 2 has really got me interested in it. Seems way too complex compared to the simple charm of the first. I dunno.

Top Bottom