• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Play 2017 (E3 Conference) Thread: Hey Mr. Palpatine Man [Over]

Rate the conference

Results are only viewable after voting.
man, hardcore gamers are weird as fuck.

battlefield 1 DLC looked sick.
madden and fifa story modes looked great.
a way out looked tremendous!
need for speed looked like burnout on steroids.
anthem teaser... i want to see more.
battlefront 2 looked immense.
even the nba live trailer looked much improved.
that was it. nothing egregious or super offensive. and a lot of stuff that if youre into these games, which the majority of gamers are, looked epic.

and then i come on here and everyones shitting on it. wtf. battlefield, madden, fifa, need for speed, and star wars are some of the most popular games in the world. and what they showed looked tremendous. some of the vitriol on here though. holy shit. some of you guys seem like you dont even like games anymore lol.

This so much.

I'd just add "" around hardcore... A true HC gamer would play anything. They are just regular gamers that pretend to be better than rest of the gamers.

I love FIFA (if done good), I love NHL, I love most of the stuff EA does. Bioware has sucked since after KotOR though.

And that Battlefront footage... Gosh Darn! And people who want a meaningful SP mode from a damn Battlefront game just have no clue about the series.

It is like Battlefield, best played in MP. SP is not even needed.

I like to have MP games and SP games as separate entities.

UrbanRats

A way out looked fantastic.

Everything else i didn't care about.

Anthem
looked like "Generic Concept Art Portfolio material"- the game.
But hopefully the gameplay will show that there's more to it.

3245636-1qolmp.jpg

I know Uncharted invented brown haired white dudes, but a Way Out looks vastly more intriguing than Uncharted 4.

Metalmarc

Same shit different year, we always do this to ourselves, "it's gonna be good theres going to be tons of new stuff we never saw before"

Outcome, Everything was boring to just alright, maybe 1 or 2 things stood out.

Thats E3 in a nutshell (it's always the companies other conferences that are better like last years Sony Playstation Meeting, or the Nintendo Directs scattered across the year, like the Switch Direct etc)

But i still watch E3 and book time off work for it, hoping that each year something is going to floor me.

But EA is always the boring one, and the rest will be better.

CEJames

- Need for Speed: Payback looks cool. I realized how much I've missed out on racing games. But this has some action that really reminded me of Burnout in the past.

- Battlefront 2 livestream made up for that bullshit leak earlier lol....However, I'm honestly not sure why they didn't at least show some SP content. Big red flag there...I swear EA, if it's only like 2 to 3 hours long.....when you've hinted at over 30 years of playing through her life. At least hint at how long it'll be.

- Loved the "A Way Out" Developer. I'll give him some support, starting with Brothers which I actually forgot about.

Ending on Star Wars Galaxies was comical. I actually played that when it first came out and it was pretty fun. However, It really started to get a bit cash-heavy so I dropped it. That bomb drop of that dude paying $1000 dollars on it was embarrassing.

Overall I enjoyed the conference along with the fun cringe moments. However, I'm really not going to grade it. Cheers.

UrbanRats

Same shit different year, we always do this to ourselves, "it's gonna be good theres going to be tons of new stuff we never saw before"

Outcome, Everything was boring to just alright, maybe 1 or 2 things stood out.

Thats E3 in a nutshell (it's always the companies other conferences that are better like last years Sony Playstation Meeting, or the Nintendo Directs scattered across the year, like the Switch Direct etc)

But i still watch E3 and book time off work for it, hoping that each year something is going to floor me.

But EA is always the boring one, and the rest will be better.

Sony's E3 was much better than their PS meeting, in my opinion.

E3 has been pretty stellar these last few years from everyone BUT EA.

Of course if people expect "FF7 remake" out of every conference, that's on them.

The conference just ran on too long and the presenters were extremely boring. Not because someone is famous on YouTube means they can present and articulate in a way that's griping. There was no excitement in this conference... Which stems from how it was presented. I thought the gameplay for BF2 ran on too long and not much single player shown for anything. That may just be the type of games EA has.

A Way Out and Janina's enthusiasm was the best thing at the conference. To not show more of Anthem was a mistake too. Was ME Andromeda the sacrificial lamb for this game? As in the main team given this and not ME? EA needs to do better.

The conference just ran on too long and the presenters were extremely boring. Not because someone is famous on YouTube means they can present and articulate in a way that's griping. There was no excitement in this conference... Which stems from how it was presented. I thought the gameplay for BF2 ran on too long and not much single player shown for anything. That may just be the type of games EA has.

A Way Out and Janina's enthusiasm was the best thing at the conference. To not show more of Anthem was a mistake too. Was ME Andromeda the sacrificial lamb for this game? As in the main team given this and not ME? EA needs to do better.
Why do you have a low res version of scullibundo's avatar? http://m.neogaf.com/member.php?u=9778

synce

Pretty bad all around. Isn't Anthem Project Dylan, the game that was touted as being revolutionary or something? And yet the entire trailer looked derivative.

Didn't watch, recap available somewhere? Was it sports sports sports?

Started with Battlefield 1 DLC (Russian army), and then too much talk about FIFA (Hunter is back, please be excite), then a nothing teaser about Anthem (Bioware's new IP. Watch Xbox E3 conference), then talk about A Way Out (splitscreen, co-op only game from the developer behind Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and my personal highlight), then a bit more sports with Madden, then Need for Speed: The Backpay (need for speed with a story), and the conference rounded it out with Battlefiel... er.. Battlefront II gameplay (it looks exactly like how Battlefront I should have been and how Battlefield 1 plays minus the lightsabers of course.) Oh forgot about NBA LIve wanting you to become Neo.

And EA talked about side projects like some super secret dev team, some good charity work they've done, and EA access being free this week. Heres a better recap than what I wrote.

iNvid02

Pretty bad all around. Isn't Anthem Project Dylan, the game that was touted as being revolutionary or something? And yet the entire trailer looked derivative.

looked like a mish-mash of destiny, titanfall and evolve

but its too early to judge, hoping they surprise at the microsoft thing tonight

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Was that Cotton Mouth (from Luke Cage Netflix show) in the Madden story mode clip?

Top Bottom