• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Play 2017 (E3 Conference) Thread: Hey Mr. Palpatine Man [Over]

Rate the conference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
hmm.... C-/C territory for me.

Tease the only real 'unknown' big game (and have MS get the meat), and the over reliance on streaming persnalities in several areas brought it down.

Battlefront....looks like better Battlefront. IDK, didn't really wow me personally.

NFS looks cool, but we'll have to see more (that makes it distinct/new) before I'm willing to plunk down money for it.

A way out looks neat, but I dunno if I can see myself every playing it if it's split screen only.

I haven't watched an EA E3 show since 2013, but boy was this beyond underwhelming. It reminds me of why I stopped watching them. I guess the positive here is that it was on a Saturday afternoon and I had nothing better to do.

Definitively know that I'm not in their demographic for the foreseeable year at least.

Best wishes.

Wow, what a conference...

elnb.gif

GunBR

I understand if some (most?) people don't agree with me, but I'm pretty sure that EA still is a big 3rd party only because they bought the best licenses (Star Wars, NFL and FIFA)

They already killed a bunch of great franchises (Sims, Sim City, Dead Space, Crysis, Medal of Honor, Burnout and probably Mass Effect now), Need for Speed was huge on the PS2 era and now will probably sell less than The Crew 2, and in the last years they're mostly launching sequels because they can't create a new franchise (let's see if Anthem can prove me wrong)

Dabi

Way too much fluff. Already looking forward to next year though lmao with Amy's Star Wars IP and hopefully a showing of Jade's next IP

border

In retrospect this E3 conference was like their 2nd best one of this generation. They seem to actually be trying to limit the amount of time wasted on EA Sports titles as time goes on.

EA 2014 - The "We Got Nothing" year. Battlefield Hardline, incredibly rough prototype footage of Mirror's Edge and a Criterion game that still has not released or ever been seen again. Really vague teaser video for Mass Effect 4.

EA 2015 - The "Why In God's Name Are They Interviewing Pele?" Year. Everything was boring and they had to use a lower third saying "Battlefront coming up in xx minutes" to keep people tuned in. Battlefront looked unbelievably good though. More vague Mass Effect teasing. A deer-in-headlights discusses Unraveled. EA seems to have given up on Mirror's Edge.

EA 2016 - The "Weed 3" Year. Battlefield One looks great. Mass Effect still not being shown very much for a game that is supposed to be out soon. Titanfall 2 revealed -- it's awesome. A sad video reel where they promise they are still working on Star Wars games but don't have any new Star Wars games to show us.

EA setting the low bar for everyone else this week.

Everything about the conference was multiplayer, or specifically competitive multiplayer.

There feels like ever more sports this time around.

It might be unfair to single out EA for this but BOY does this presentation feel so damn corporate.

Who was the Star Wars lady?

I only briefly watched the stream, but really I can't remember the last time I could describe an E3 EA conference as anything other than boring and unexciting. Seems like it's the same deal this year.

Looking forward to not watching them in 2018 too.

Ryuuga

Banned
The last two conferences were bad due to their lack of content. This had more and still ended up being worse, incredible. Most of it had me going:

giphy.gif

JOKERACN7

That NFS trailer was cool but I hope that wasn't the whole experience, I mean are we gonna get a cinematic set piece every 30 seconds? and are we gonna get a slow motion for every single car that we take outta the road? C'mon, where's the player agency goddamnit

Mash83

The Madden, fifa and NBA live stuff was whatever. Need for speed looked cool, a way out looks really cool and star wars looks to improve on the previous iteration.

Anthem looks intriguing, interested to see more tomorrow.

Overall the conference was pretty bad, a lot of talking about stuff no one cares about, at least the audience watching the presser. I was mostly bored.

The good news is that it only gets better from here.

gamerMan

There were some interesting things but it was poorly presented. I think adding a single player campaign mode to Battlefront was a great idea. The trailer got my hyped but the gameplay footage looked like more of the same. Still, A Way Out is the biggest surprise out of E3 so far so that cringe fest was almost worth it. Not a great start to E3, but at least it's out of the way. A Way Out is the game to beat.

CGwizz

what a shit conference, the worst part was finally seeing the game Bioware is doing, they really hit rock bottom with that Destiny/Titanfall wethever combination, my favourite rpg devs just lost it. I am glad we have now CDProject red to take that spot.

Dlacy13g

Well I suppose if they're going to continue to put on poor conferences like this I guess it makes sense that they're no longer doing it as part of the E3 conference. Atleast they're not having to pay an attendee fee/booth space for this uninspired and lackluster showing.

.... and yet I still found some excitement for A Way Out and cautiously optimistic for Anthem.

The new Bioware IP looked intriguing, but the teaser was way too short. The Prison Break game might have a potential as the well. The rest of the conference was boring by numbers affair. I couldn't care less about sports games or Battlefield, and I only care about VR portion of Battlefront, which was not shown.

I would give it D+ overall.

Yjynx

This basically what E3 conference many people wants. Almost all the known stuff. So people have no right to complain.

Hip Hop

What a terrible conference.

This will be the worst conference this year without a doubt. Very boring, extremely predictable with zero surprises or excitement.

Carl7

I am moderately hyped for Battlefront 2. I often don't buy multiplayer games but since they said they are investing more on the campaign this time I might give it a shot.

I get the sense that Bethesda is probably going to be really boring too. I mean, I guess it will be better than hearing someone talk about FIFA tournaments.

As long as they demo Fallout VR, I will be happy. I just hope that it comes to PSVR... Skyrim VR announcement will be icing on the cake.

Bethesda generally had good conferences in the past. Granted, I like FPS and RPGs, so I am easy to please.

For me, it is usually, Sony > Microsoft > Bethesda > Ubisoft > EA

The cringe was real with that conference, Shocker Madden gets the Fifa story mode treatment. Then Fifa getting the UT tournament priority, Other than the Co-op story game, It was pretty much stuff we have seen many times before.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Starting so early and so weak sort of makes it feel like E3 still hasn't started. Almost like that weird Oculus side conference from a few years back.

HussiZooT

A very very dull conference.

Only redeeming factor was A Way Out. I even actually liked the NFS clip that they showed. Looks a lot like NFS Rivals but with a more Fast & Furious approach to the scenarios.
I'm down with that.

The 30 minute Battlefront 2 multiplayer gameplay killed it for me. So boring.

And I was waiting for them to reveal the Amy Henning and Visceral Star Wars game, but nothing. Maybe it'll pop up during Microsoft or Sony's conference.

A 6/10 from me.

Starting so early and so weak sort of makes it feel like E3 still hasn't started. Almost like that weird Oculus side conference from a few years back.

Definitely feeling the same kind of disappointment RE: E3 so far. Hopefully Xbox tomorrow starts things off for real with a bang.

HMD

The thing I like about EA unlike other big publishers is that they actually try to make visually impressive games and succeed at it consistently.

border

As long as they demo Fallout VR, I will be happy. I just hope that it comes to PSVR... Skyrim VR announcement will be icing on the cake.

The company that has failed to deliver even a stable 30FPS Fallout on Playstation 4 is probably not going to be able to produce the perfect 60FPS necessary for a VR game. I expect that Fallout VR may be a very different sort of game than traditional Fallout.

jesu

EA setting the low bar for everyone else this week.

1) Everything about the conference was multiplayer, or specifically competitive multiplayer.

There feels like ever more sports this time around.

It might be unfair to single out EA for this but BOY does this presentation feel so damn corporate.

2)Who was the Star Wars lady?

1) No it wasn't, you should have paid attention.
2)The actress from the single player part of Battlefront 2

Hey! We got a brand new IP from Bioware!!!! Come back tomorrow to see anything worth seeing.....

Bioware is the only reason I still acknowledge EA.

Finally watched the conference. I thought it was better paced than last year, but still pretty boring.

Mostly because I barely have any interest in any of their games. That Bioware new IP could be interesting, but they decided to show it off at MS's conference instead.

Top Bottom