• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Play 2017 (E3 Conference) Thread: Hey Mr. Palpatine Man [Over]

Rate the conference

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry, your assumptions are that:
a) They need to fill an hour if they have a press conference
b) A press conference is the right approach to highlight their games at all

Both seem pretty unsupported to me.

(And the opportunity cost isn't just in terms of time, it's terms of how a boring segment or poor execution detracts from the other content shown)

Oh 100%, my opinion is they should stop doing conferences altogether. And with them saving Anthem for MS it kinda seems like they're moving in that direction anyway.

munster

Neo Member
Battlefront II looks great and all. Are the super battle droids not default? What about heroes? Do you start as 1 randomly? It looked so confusing.

You start with whatever your starting class you picked. As you play, you earn battle points. You can use these battle points when you respawn to be a hero, battle droid, vehicles etc.

Linkinito

4/10. Better than the travesty of last year.

+ Battlefront II looks amazing and really feels like an improvement over the first one. Really hyped on this one.
+ A Way Out looks cool.
+ FIFA The Journey 2 and Madden Longshot look promising.

- I really don't like that showing of NFS. That was so super-scripted.
- NBA Live looks bad.
- I don't really feel that new IP, Anthem. I felt like I saw Destiny and Titanfall mashed into a game.
- Would have loved to see a bit more of the BF1 DLC and the two new maps coming this summer. However a September release will make it compete with Destiny 2.
- No Skate 4.
- No Visceral's Star Wars.

cripterion

I don't get it the conference is not even over, they are at nfs for me, live right now.. how are you guys seeing the whole thing?

Gurish

Ubisoft is still a threat.

No fucking way, Ubi never had a worse show than this, even if the content was shitty they are at least entertaining on some very basic level.

EA are really expert at boring the shit out of you, no one compares to them.

Why does everyone feel Anthem is Bioware's answer to Destiny? Don't they usually make RPG's?

Because it's been rumored that they are working on an online Destiny-ish shooter, and because creating an online service game with a potentially long lifecycle is probably something EA wants them to do.

Sadist

Well that was a EA conference alright

2/10 for A Way Out and that esporter wearing a Feyenoord shirt. Everything else meh

Definitely going to get A Way Out. It'll be fun to actually play a game with my husband for once instead of him just watching me and getting bored.

Anthem does look like a mixture of Attack on Titan, Destiny, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Titanfall. Worried that it's going to be Xbox only. Going to have to wait for more information.

Got burned by how limited Battlefront was, going to give Battlefront II a skeptical chance. Waiting for more info on the single player.

And then sports.. eh..

Seeing some of these gaming sites commentary during this presentation was strange to me.

"Who are the men in blazers"

"What is sports" - obviously exaggerating here but the sentiment is there

Is it really that rare to be familiar with both video games AND sports?

Definitely going to get A Way Out. It'll be fun to actually play a game with my husband for once instead of him just watching me and getting bored.

Anthem does look like a mixture of Attack on Titan, Destiny, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Titanfall. Worried that it's going to be Xbox only. Going to have to wait for more information.

Got burned by how limited Battlefront was, going to give Battlefront II a skeptical chance. Waiting for more info on the single player.

And then sports.. eh..

Xbox Only for Anthem with 60M PS4's out there and hundreds of millions of PC gamers?

RedHill

Banned
Worst e3 conference I've ever seen. No self awareness and no growth from past years mistakes. Atleast this is the first conference and it's EA so it's expected.

Seeing some of these gaming sites commentary during this presentation was strange to me.

There are Fifa addicts who don't know who the Men in Blazers are.

Overall, going to give EA a C-. It was meh. Focusing on Battlefront II was a good idea and it looks great, Anthem looks intriguing, and A Way Out looks very unique.

But other than that, Need for Speed looks okay I guess, awkward presenters, and sports sports sports.

HvySky

Are these guys not allowed to say "takedown" because that's a Burnout thing? Dude was like, "You have these takedo- uh, crashes."

Kthulhu

I imagine most of the people who watch E3 aren't hardcore sports fans. Not to mention most of the people who watch E3 are probably American, so none of them give a shit about Soccer.

Dynasty8

Overall, going to give Sony a C. It was okay. Focusing on Battlefront II was a good idea and it looks great, Anthem looks intriguing, and A Way Out looks very unique.

But other than that, Need for Speed looks okay I guess, awkward presenters, and sports sports sports.

You mean EA? :)

People continue saying EA probably didn't want to overshadow BF2 with the Visceral Star Wars game. It's Star Wars. People would buy both games if they released on the same day/week.

Machina

Banned
Overall, going to give Sony a C-. It was meh. Focusing on Battlefront II was a good idea and it looks great, Anthem looks intriguing, and A Way Out looks very unique.

How's the weather on Tuesday?

VexyWexy

They're not going to show Visceral's game when they're trying to push Battlefront 2's singleplayer, especially having the lead actress out there presenting.

Hastati

weeeeelll then. Kinda glad I missed the conference, sounds like there are roughly 2 games worth checking out in the end? Gotta watch the battlefront thing, a way out sounds interesting too.

Dartastic

Sorry, your assumptions are that:
a) They need to fill an hour if they have a press conference
b) A press conference is the right approach to highlight their games at all

Both seem pretty unsupported to me.

(And the opportunity cost isn't just in terms of time, it's terms of how a boring segment or poor execution detracts from the other content shown)
Pretty much. They could very easily just do what Nintendo does at this point, and have their traditional LA setup going. No need for all the pageantry.

Fall 2018, which is probably the direction all of their games will take. They probably don't want Amy's game to overshadow Battlefront.

BF3 Fall 19, Stig's game Fall '20

Oh was it scheduled for next Fall? Ah that makes sense, I guess they want to announce it at E3 18 or something then. I might be getting my wires crossed since I thought it was FY18 for some reason. If it's actually coming after that March is probably where I got it mixed up.

Top Bottom