• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA semi-announces Star Wars: Rise To Power (iOS/Android)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It sounds very suspiciously like Game of War: Fire Age and Mobile Strike.

JOIN NOW TO HELP SHAPE THE GALAXY

Star Wars™: Rise to Power is a mobile strategy game set in the Star Wars™ universe. Still in development, we are inviting Android users on Google Play to join a Closed Pre-Alpha Test where they will have the opportunity to play the game, provide valuable feedback, and help shape the next great EA Star Wars mobile game.

In Star Wars: Rise to Power, the war between the Empire and the dawning New Republic continues to rage on – and players influence who will ultimately reign supreme. Every move helps to shape the fate of the galaxy in-game as players choose a faction, establish their base, and begin building a fleet of starships.

Players will form or join an alliance and engage in epic galactic warfare with other players from around the world in the hopes of emerging victorious. Power is earned by outwitting adversaries in carefully orchestrated attacks and by building a mighty coalition through the loyalty of other players. In Star Wars: Rise to Power, players embrace destiny by engaging in diplomacy or deception to ultimately become a leader of the Empire or New Republic.

To take part, please sign into your EA account by clicking the ”Register Now" button below. You will then be asked to accept the terms and conditions of the Closed Pre-Alpha Test before being required to complete a brief survey. Once you complete the survey be sure to check the email address associated with your EA account to see if you qualify.
Source: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/r...&utm_medium=social&cid=33868&ts=1502901129195

rise-logo-final0okmc.png

TheMoon

That was Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. That one is very successful, but it's more of a regular mobile combat game where you select a hero and have them whack a selected enemy.

ah, right. I just googled and didn't find anything. good that I didn't dream up a mobile game lol.

Xypher

I might be missing something, but wouldn't this directly compete with the already released Star Wars: Commander? As they both seem to be in the same genre.

Xypher

That's Clash of Clans. This will be Game of War.
I only ever played Clash of Clans like games, as I always thought they were very similiar, but googling around ot seems that Game of War is closer to "traditional" browser games, and less of an RTS? If so, then I get where they are coming from trying to fill every genre of mobile games with star wars, as with both force arena and galaxy of heroes, they seem to have struck gold.

Top Bottom