• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Gameplay Revealed | Ubisoft Foward 2023

StueyDuck

Its a gaming forum. I like gaming so im in the right place.

Funny I originally only thought of the game. It being a woman didnt even register in my mind. You guys brought that up. Remember that. The assertion couldnt happen if people werent already bringing wokeness into this. Im responding to whats being said.

Its just weird how race is a major trigger for people, but sexism...isn't. Lol "woke" grifting usually caters to both aspects.
If it's just a gaming forum as you say then you shouldn't get worked up about anyone saying anything let alone race baiting and trying to assert that others are being racist because you don't like their criticisms of a character.

But hey its just a game forum.

I think she looks fine, I think the animations were fucked but nothing to do with the character model... but again I'm not going to call other people racist now because that would be ludicrous and straight up toxic nonsense

mad people GIF

I didn't bring up anything. I have been defending her look. 🤡

Step away from the ideological ledge.

Nor did I originally say everyone was like that here, but reality is...some people have gripes with those superficial things. Not just gender. Its a real thing that has existed, especially recently. I dont get why we cant handle that superficial feature, but we can talk about gender all day. Why is one more taboo than the other?

Like I said, didnt even think about it being a woman. Other people made it political, not me. Take it up with them.

Last edited:
They literally face-scanned a real woman to use as the template for this main character. Not every woman in the real world is a Victoria's Secret model and not every man is a white male who with a savior complex. I don't understand why people want only these two types of archetypal characters as a main protagonist every single time.
Ok my bad.

Damn Gaf is changing.

If it's just a gaming forum as you say then you shouldn't get worked up about anyone saying anything let alone race baiting and trying to assert that others are being racist because you don't like their criticisms of a character.

But hey its just a game forum.

I think she looks fine, I think the animations were fucked but nothing to do with the character model... but again I'm not going to call other people racist now because that would be ludicrous and straight up toxic nonsense
It was already toxic that people were hating on her for being a chick and assuming its woke grifting. The toxicity already began.

Why is that okay? Lol and nor did I call everyone racist. But there are definately people that are looking for wokeness or whatever for every little thing. And those people tend correlate race changes with that too. I.e. game has black female lead, therefore "woke".

Doesnt mean they are racist lol means they just assume its a grift.

Done with this before its gets more misinterpreted.

Last edited:
Subtitled Outlaws, but you can only play as the singular Outlaw? Also, she's a normie right? So how is she tanking blaster shots?
I might've missed if she had some kind of shielding device as I kept getting interupted while watching it :(

StueyDuck

It was already toxic that people were hating on her for being a chick and assuming its woke grifting. The toxicity already began.

Why is that okay? Lol and nor did I call everyone racist. But there are definately people that are looking for wokeness or whatever for every little thing. And those people tend correlate race changes with that too. I.e. game has black female lead, therefore "woke".

Doesnt mean they are racist lol means they just assume its a grift.
That is not what you were implying and we both know it.

People don't like how she looks, say they are wrong and move on.

You brought up race that is something you did. Own it, you've been called out and now it's up to you what you do with it.

I suggest simply moving on, damage control never works

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Subtitled Outlaws, but you can only play as the singular Outlaw? Also, she's a normie right? So how is she tanking blaster shots?
I might've missed if she had some kind of shielding device as I kept getting interupted while watching it :(
Easily the biggest letdown... its massive and its Snowdrop... the tools are there for co-op

Spyxos

Gold Member
I said in the other thread, I‘ll say it again: This was ‚gameplay‘ in the same way the reveals of Watchdogs or The Division from back in the day were ‚gameplay‘. This game will be downgraded hard, and you all know it.
Ubisoft doesn't do it anymore? When was the last game from Ubi that didn't look the same as it did when it was revealed? Watch Dogs and Rainbow Six? After that, everything looked the same.

That is not what you were implying and we both know it.

People don't like how she looks, say they are wrong and move on.

You brought up race that is something you did. Own it, you've been called out and now it's up to you what you do with it.

I suggest simply moving on, damage control never works
I Clarified. Which should suffice. But im not going to accept an insinuation of something I never implied to everyone (intentionally). And lets not pretend it wasnt being correlated to woke grifting, not just looks.

Anyway, Moving onnn

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
Apart from FSR working full-tilt, this was probably one of the games of this summer's showcases.

I think if this, AC, XDefiant and PoP sell well then Ubi will be well on their way back as a publisher.

StueyDuck

I Clarified. Which should suffice. But im not going to accept an insinuation of something I never implied to everyone (intentionally). And lets not pretend it wasnt being correlated to woke grifting, not just looks.

Anyway, Moving onnn
Well maybe you need to format your thoughts more clearly next time cause you sure as hell called alot of people racists because apparently they only like white characters.

At least that is what your message said whether you meant it or not

Last edited:
Exclamation marks when enemies see you? - check.
Yellow markings on climable objects? - check
Focus mode for precise shooting? - check

jep, this is a 2023 open world game.
It's Star Wars, normies eat this up so they will obviously make it as casual as possible.

sendit

Holy balls. Why couldn't Starfield do this:

Game looks absolutely amazing. The fluidity of the animation and the graphics, just slap. This is what they should have shown during the Showcase, not a CGI trailer.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member

Game looks absolutely amazing. The fluidity of the animation and the graphics, just slap. This is what they should have shown during the Showcase, not a CGI trailer.

Probably because this game has only a few planets. Star Wars Jedi Survival had only 5 planets. Starfiel is supposed to have hundreds. And the Enginge probably can't do that either.

Last edited:

That's because in Starfield every single object in the game world can be picked up and manipulated. You can pick up a sandwich, throw it on the ground in Planet A, Travel to Planet B, return to Planet A 40 hours later, and the sandwich will remain in the same place you left it. In most other open-world games, including this one, the buildings and props are just art and objects will reset/disappear the moment you leave the area.

Well, she's an outlaw, her droid friend guy is an outlaw too (and on the boxart with her, so a key character). They operate in a world of other outlaws. Seems to fit.

near

Gold Member
Not sure if I can tolerate the letterboxing, hated that in The Evil Within. Hopefully there will be an option to change the aspect ratio. But I'm excited to play Ellen Ripley in a space opera!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's because in Starfield every single object in the game world can be picked up and manipulated. You can pick up a sandwich, throw it on the ground in Planet A, Travel to Planet B, return to Planet A 40 hours later, and the sandwich will remain in the same place you left it. In most other open-world games, including this one, the buildings and props are just art and objects will reset/disappear the moment you leave the area.
That's it. I'm leaving random sandwiches on random planets. Intersandwich!

Fbh

Looks pretty good for a Ubisoft game.
Gameplay seems about as standard as it goes but the visuals are quite nice and I admit I was surprised when she actuall got into the ship and they seemessly went to space.

Story seems like it could be fun but I'll keep my expectations very low since it's Ubisoft.

Pejo

Didn't care for it. Seems like the most by-the-numbers Uncharted ripoff moviegame you can make. Visually it was nice though.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Looks good - I like Ubi gameplay but got tired of AC settings after 4. Will give this a go.

Last edited:

Gudji

With Ubi this is always a possibility. Watch Dogs downgrade still has my jaw on the floor.

I'm hoping it's not CG.
It's definitely not CG because during the bar cutscene you can actually see shadows flickering on the alien necklace. I guess they're taking the Order 1886 approach, black bars more pixels and 30 FPS for cutscenes.

Last edited:

sendit

Probably because this game has only a few planets. Star Wars Jedi Survival had only 5 planets. Starfiel is supposed to have hundreds. And the Enginge probably can't do that either.
I don't see that being an issue? Once you have 1-2+ planets, you can scale the framework/model. Regardless of repeating data, the only limitation would be storage. No Man's Sky is another example.

Game looks pretty good, but FFS does everything Star Wars have to be OG trilogy related? To be completely honest, when I saw that it happened between Empire and Jedi, my interest went down. I'm just tired of the constant "REMEMBER THIS FROM THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY!?!" it's pretty tired.

Having said that, I'm still interested in seeing how this game turns out. Lots of potential.

Top Bottom