• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA shuts down Visceral, moves Star Wars game to EA Vancouver/others

Stygr

Banned
Reminder, Visceral Games was funded by EA in 1998, the previous mame was EA Redwood, they didnt buy the studio like BioWare or DICE.

FUCK OFF EA

mdubs

Banned
If hope MS goes after Amy.

They badly need a new studio.

They need a new studio that will reliably ship games now though. If it is true that developmental problems where what got this canned, that's two games in a row for her that more or less went off the rails.

Trey

Wonder where Amy will go now.

I think Star Wars destiny could work but it’s in conflict with Anthem which is off brand destiny.

"Off brand Destiny" is perhaps the most disrespectful term a game has ever been called, lmao.

Unbelievable, Star Wars is as strong as ever in the film department and we barely got one decent game yet and now this, WTF?

Where's my X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter (VR) game? Where's my Jedi Knight game?

KorrZ

EA gunning to win worst company in America once again?

Fuck EA man. Visceral was once so good, Dead Space 1 and 2 were truly great games. The warning signs were obvious with DS3 though.

Hopefully to a studio that actually cares about single player campaigns.

Please send her over to Square Enix to revive Legacy of Kain please..../dreaming I know.

Kazuhira

This day keeps getting better and better,any vestiges of hope for a new Dead Space game were completely obliterated today.
This news oficially confirms that EA can burn in hell,there's not a single franchise of this fucking company that i care about now.

Shit.

WTF. So the game is now handle by the EA Sports team?
Man I was looking forward to the Amy Hennig's Star Wars game

And I thought Motive Studio was helping them with it. What is Jade Raymond working on now then?

Didn't Motive do the campaign for BF2? Maybe they'll assist Respawn or work on BF3?

So it wasn't manipulative enough and didn't contain enough 'avenues of revenue'.

Fuck EA and the [Jim Sterling voice]'AAA'[/voice] industry.

KHlover

Banned
Not enough corpses.

AMgShV2.png

Literally my first thought when I heard about this. :/ :/ :/

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Bespoke guns with different identities were way more fun to use in DS 1&2 than whatever abominations I created in 3.
True, but that was due to the horror aspect being emphasized over the action. MTs had no effect on Dead Space 3's design, but the action focus sure as hell did.

Duxxy3

They need a new studio that will reliably ship games now though. If it is true that developmental problems where what got this canned, that's two games in a row for her that more or less went off the rails.

Put it under The Coalition then.

If there's one thing that Rod Fergusson does better than most it's getting games finished.

Floody

Oh, fuck off EA. This one really hurts. I was really looking forward to Hennig's Star Wars game too.
Sound like EA are done with SP focused games too and is why Visceral got shut. If all their Star Wars games are going to be MP focused I'm done caring.

Hope all those affected land on their feet.

00ich

I don't think EA will never release another single-player focused game unless they could monetize it heavily.
Visceral probably couldn't fit lootboxes and microtransactions into their Star Wars game. EA have no time for that.

Easy:
- Include Biowaresque romance options
- Let players advance the romantic relationships through gifts
- Make the gifts random loot crates
- Make gift crates time consuming, repetitive grinds or Microtransactions
- $$$

Not Drake

Terrible for people who lost their jobs because of this. Hope they land somewhere without having to spend months looking for another employer.

As for the game. It's a shame, but it's a huge "meh" from me too. They showed nothing of it yet, so I assume there was no game to begin with.

Top Bottom