• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, < powerful than 360. No $ 3party. [Tweets Deleted]

Reminds me, Chris Hecker was actually at EA's Maxis when he made the classic duct tape comments.

Chris Hecker said:
The Wii is a piece of shit! the Wii is two Gamecubes duct-taped together... Developers make better games by having a platform with power, not for graphics, but using the CPU for computations.
he compared the Wii to an anorexic and malnourished man. At the end Hecker had two demands of Nintendo: "Recognize and push games as a serious art form" and "Make a console that doesn't suck ass!"

It's almost like a time warp of 6 years.

Harsh and dumb.

The Wii U isn't worse techwise than a 360 and this manbaby should ask Ubisoft how much money they made on the Wii.

It's like 3rd party developers that failed on the Wii are bitter because Nintendo was making truckloads of money.

I know you desperately want to believe that, but it's not true. It's more along the lines of Nintendo not creating competitive hardware and services that suit the business needs of third parties. To assume these companies have petty vendettas against Nintendo when they themselves are struggling to survive is silly. It's about making money and remaining viable. It's not about settling a score.

Why are some people in this thread taking criticism of a console so incredibly personal? E.g. "asshat", "idiot", "Adam Orth", etc.

Emotional investment. Sony/Nintendo/MS are genuinely treated like sports teams by some people on here.

Makes for great reading though, lol.

He's just jealous he has no talent or capability to make anything competent for any platform that has anywhere near the quality of a Nintendo title. He can just shrivel back off under his rock into mediocrity.

KuGsj.gif

This thread is amazing.

Harsh and dumb.

The Wii U isn't worse techwise than a 360 and this manbaby should ask Ubisoft how much money they made on the Wii.

It's like 3rd party developers that failed on the Wii are bitter because Nintendo was making truckloads of money.

Anyone notice how all the people spewing the venom at this guy all have nintendo avatars.

I don't think 3rd party developers are bitter about the Wii, they were too busy making money on the 360 and PS3 to care about a system that people only bought to play mario or zelda on, only to let it collect dust after they played those games.

kaioshade

Lol you wish

Nah i dont wish anything. Just seeing a pattern. someone says something completely unprofessional and stupid, and they are either canned or severely reprimanded.

As others have said, this IS EA, so no fucks may be given by them and it will be business as usual.

No they aren't. This one of the ways you know the issue with between EA and Nintendo has nothing to do with sales.

not really dude.

EA just like other western publishers are just not touching handhelds. Its not like they are supporting the Vita either.

EA and the rest are on the smartphone/tablet craze.

Concept17

Given that he's an engineer and the Wii U's specs, his harshness is likely validated. The system is simply not powerful in any way and the controller is a joke at this point.

This and all the other Nintendo threads today are so salty and delicious. Nintendo really needs to figure something out.

Kimawolf

Anyone notice how all the people spewing the venom at this guy all have nintendo avatars.

I don't think 3rd party developers are bitter about the Wii, they were too busy making money on the 360 and PS3 to care about a system that people only bought to play mario or zelda on, only to let it collect dust after they played those games.

I think you missed quite a few financial reports and slew of layoffs...

Meelow

Banned
Yep thats what it is, has nothing to do with them losing money developing for a console thats not selling.

EA canned the Wii U version of Crysis 3 before it even released.

The only way to fix Nintendo and EA's relationship is if they went on full protocol.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I have been credited on the following games:

- NHL 13
- FIFA 11
- FIFA Ultimate Team 2
- FIFA 10
- FIFA Ultimate Team
- FIFA 09
- NASCAR 08
- Skate
- FIFA 07
- NBA06
- FIFA 06 Road to World Cup
- FIFA 2005
- FIFA 2004
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Premier League Manager 2001
- Premier League Manager 2000

All of them being on Wii U he clearly has a qualified opinion. And he's quite a professional individual, it seems. This industry has a brilliant future. EAsshole, It's in the game!

VariantX

At what point do you start felling bad for Nintendo's circumstance?

You don't. Their current circumstances are due to their own lack of vision in their hardware design. They designed a machine for Japan instead of designing one that would be appealing to audiences world wide.

Coolwhip

Banned

People thinking highly of Nintendo games don't agree with some EA dude that acts like Nintendo ran over his cat? Not very strange is it?

Xater

Well I certainly prefer this to PR speak. He is blunt but I don't think he should loose his job or anything.

BuzzJive

I wonder if people realize how many EA Sports engineers there are and how people in the industry have fanboy opinions all the time.

He's entitled to his opinion, but it's very strange that someone so high up in a gaming company would be so *honest* in such a public way. When was the last time you saw a Pepsi executive ranting about Coke?

This is amazing. All of it.

The fact that he's recommending that Nintendo "do a Sega" (Sega being the company that has to partner up with Nintendo for Sonic games nowadays) is simply the icing.

I'm almost inclined to agree with him about Nintendo going third party at this point. At least in terms of home consoles.

Continue to offer handhelds, as there is still money to be made there, but the U has already shown they're gonna have some problems making money on home consoles going forward.

Microsoft or Sony would offer them an absolute sweetheart deal to have a Mario or Zelda game, and it would be a nice boost for either console.

liger05

I know its off topic but isnt the Wii attach rate actually pretty good.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
The saddest part of the modern games industry is how many people think that graphical capabilities == system quality. God forbid a company try something new instead of pumping out a third identical CoD machine. It's like everyone wants complete and utter parity amongst everything.

Raist

Banned
Harsh and dumb.

Nooo! He should ask how much money they made on WiiU.

Top Bottom