• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthworm Jim 4 first look. Exclusively on Intellivision® Amico™

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I enjoyed the original games well enough, but damn it's difficult to get excited about this

John Day

Hey let’s revive a decades old franchise and release it exclusively on some unknown console. It’s gonna be a bomb!

Nymphae

Banned
I guess it looks like that because it's cheap to produce, but it's like, is there no market for sick animation anymore? Disney won't even touch 2D anymore in film.

But I mean just look at the original art for the OG game, produced in the SNES era. Imagine a game that looked like this.

19d54bfeeff333a9b3f79292928cc66e.jpg

436979feabe0ff869dbf4807764528b7.jpg

DaGwaphics

The crazy thing is if they can sell the "this is what a Christian family console should be" narrative they are pushing to the right set of people, you might see some some of the Phyllis Schlafly type moms ruining their kids lives with it. :messenger_beaming:

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Intellivision.
Looks a lot like all the other HD platformers out there, nothing special at all about the art style or animation. If you told me this was a skin for the next Monster Boy game, I would believe you.
Yeah this just looks like another indie game.

Fuz

Banned
I guess it looks like that because it's cheap to produce, but it's like, is there no market for sick animation anymore? Disney won't even touch 2D anymore in film.
Nope, this is the era of shitty flash animated drawings.

It's like the everything-must-be-3D era when PS1 was born.

tkscz

But I mean just look at the original art for the OG game, produced in the SNES era. Imagine a game that looked like this.

Doug Tennaple (creator of the character and person who did above art) just did an EWJ comic book retelling the first game's story. Got over $800K to make the book on indiegogo. Unfortunately you can't buy it at the moment.

idrago01

Banned
Doug Tennaple (creator of the character and person who did above art) just did an EWJ comic book retelling the first game's story. Got over $800K to make the book on indiegogo. Unfortunately you can't buy it at the moment.
He's coming out with a sequel soon on kickstarter, i'll probably pick it up whenever he puts it on indiegogo

very disappointed

should be Earthworm Jim with Intellivision graphics, a step down from Genesis and even NES...

console flopping for not living up to high expectations of their nostalgia fans

Last edited:

Unknown?

Idk I thought it looked fine. I'd love to play it but wouldn't buy an Intellivision regardless of how many good games it has.

Lone Wolf

SNES era? Don’t you mean Genesis/Mega Drive era? Genesis does what Nintendont

MiguelItUp

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's surprised by "Intellivison Amico." I haven't heard of this at ALL.

Poor Earthworm Jim.

Top Bottom