• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA's press conference will have 12 "HD titles", announces booth game line-up

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The line-up is very EA.

To note, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 will also be at E3, and Mass Effect looks pretty likely.

EA said:
At the press conference hosted by CEO Andrew Wilson, EA will demonstrate a dozen HD titles, all powered by world-class technology, including the world debuts of gameplay from Star Wars™ Battlefront™, Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst, Need for Speed™ and more.
At the E3 Expo (Booth #1601), EA will give show-goers hands-on with the titles below, as well as a few surprises:

FIFA 16 – FIFA 16 innovates across the entire pitch to deliver a balanced, authentic, and exciting football experience that lets you play your way, and compete at a higher level. And with all new ways to play!

EA SPORTS™ FIFA – Featuring stunning new console quality gameplay that fully harnesses the power of the latest mobile devices - this is truly the next generation FIFA for mobile.

Madden NFL 16 – Be the Playmaker in Madden NFL 16 with new gameplay mechanics that allow you to dominate the passing game.

Madden NFL Mobile –This is Madden NFL like you’ve never seen on mobile and the season never ends! Build your ultimate Madden NFL team, dominate your friends in intense head-to-head shootouts and play Live Events all off-season long.

Minions Paradise™ –Developed in partnership with Illumination Entertainment, when a lovable yet bungling Minion named Phil accidentally sinks the cruise ship carrying his vacationing Minion buddies, he decides to turn a deserted tropical island into the perfect Minions Paradise!

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst – Experience the rise of Faith and join her fight for freedom, with fluid movement and combat in first person that will raise the bar for the action/adventure genre.

NBA LIVE 16 – This year is all about you, with features that empower self-expression on and off the court.

Need for Speed – Discover a nocturnal world of urban car culture built around real world automotive icons and Five Ways to Play in this thrilling reboot.

NHL® 16 – Built with more input from our fans than ever before, NHL 16 steps onto the ice to deliver new features across the most played single player and team modes, including a reimagined EA SPORTS Hockey League. Combined with new gameplay balance and innovation at every position and an unrivalled game day authenticity, NHL 16 puts you into the heart of a team, where you play together and win together.

EA SPORTS Rory Mcllroy PGA TOUR® – With stunning authentic and fantasy experiences, EA SPORTS Rory Mcllroy PGA TOUR truly delivers Golf Without Limits. Play what you want, how you want, where you want.

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ – From epic 40 player multiplayer battles to Missions packed with intensity and depth, Star Wars Battlefront will immerse you in your Star Wars™ battle fantasies.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ – The largest story-driven expansion to date, Knights of the Fallen Empire, marks a renewed focus on cinematic storytelling in Star Wars: The Old Republic. The expansion will deliver on the hallmarks of what makes a great BioWare™ game: new worlds to explore, new companions to recruit, and a dynamic story that players will be able to shape based on the choices they make.
Source: http://news.ea.com/press-release/co...ss-conference-be-broadcast-live-june-15-eacom

iNvid02

brace yourselves

yaBn84W.gif

People still use "HD" to describe games ?....

I mean, c'mon we've been gaming in HD for the last ten years... Shoudn't they find a new term that's more exciting than "HD"...

At least talk 1080p HD... Plain HD is so last-gen...

TheXbox

Sports, Battlefront, Mirrors Edge. That sounds pretty terrible tbh

Hopefully they have some surprises during the conference. Mass Effect probably.

I mean, c'mon we've been gaming in HD for the last ten years... Shoudn't they find a new term that's more exciting than "HD"...

I think to separate them from the mobile games that works

Syf

Banned
Very excited for the TOR expansion reveal, and to hear more about Battlefront. Other than that I don't really care.

Brace yourselves for the ~40 minutes dedicated to EA Sports titles.

Mivey

Well, consoles are actually catching up now, don't be so harsh. Most Gen 7 games were only upscaled to HD.

Caronte

But smartphones are HD too...

Edit: nvm, there are mobile games apparently. Still, that's a stupid way to say it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

First thing I thought when I read "HD Titles" was 12 announcements of remasters... Bit of a dated term to use.

I think they're trying to differentiate mobile games from retail games in a bad way.

antitrop

Well, consoles are actually catching up now, don't be so harsh. Most Gen 7 games were only upscaled to HD.

720p is still HD. Sub-720p games last gen were not standard, they were still the exception (like Call of Duty).

1080p is "Full HD", I guess.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
FIFA 16
Madden NFL 16
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
NBA LIVE 16
Need for Speed
NHL® 16
EA SPORTS Rory Mcllroy PGA TOUR®
Star Wars™ Battlefront™

There's 8 of 12. Add PvZ GW2, that's 9.

Criterion, Visceral Star Wars, Mass Effect 4, Titanfall 2 <-- this gets you to 13. If you add in Hardline DLC and/or Dragon Age Inquisition DLC, that's 15. If they count The Old Republic, 16.

... so if 12 is the number they're going with, I wouldn't expect much in the way of surprises.

Tagg9

So counting the ones in the list that are "HD" titles:
  1. FIFA 16
  2. Madden NFL 16
  3. Mirror's Edge
  4. NBA Live 16
  5. Need for Speed
  6. NHL 16
  7. PGA Tour
  8. Star Wars Battlefront
So that leaves 4 games out of the dozen. I'm guessing Mass Effect, Plant vs Zombies 2, Visceral Star Wars and Criterion's title.

/edit: Removed KOTOR

BigDug13

I think they're trying to differentiate mobile games from retail games in a bad way.

But my phone screen is 1080p. My mobile and console games are all in HD. They need to figure out another descriptor. Just call them retail games or something.

Erevador

At the E3 Expo (Booth #1601), EA will give show-goers hands-on with the titles below, as well as a few surprises:
Looking forward to Mass Effect... and maybe, a first tease of the Visceral Star Wars game?

antitrop

FIFA 16
Madden NFL 16
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
NBA LIVE 16
Need for Speed
NHL® 16
Star Wars™ Battlefront™

Criterion, Visceral Star Wars, Mass Effect 4, Titanfall 2 <-- this gets you to 13. If you add in Hardline DLC and/or Dragon Age Inquisition DLC, that's 15. If they count The Old Republic, 16.

... so if 12 is the number they're going with, I wouldn't expect much in the way of surprises.
Respawn said they won't be showing anything at E3, so you can scratch off Titanfall 2. Next year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
FIFA 16
Madden NFL 16
Mirror&#8217;s Edge Catalyst
NBA LIVE 16
Need for Speed
NHL® 16
Star Wars&#8482; Battlefront&#8482;

I think if you take off TitanFall 2 and change Star Wars by Visceral to SWTOR you've got the correct list.

It's possible that instead of Criterion's game we will see that game they showed at VGX by the Brothers team.

I don't expect them to show visceral star wars, they'll want all the attention diverted to the one releasing this year.

I think it's time for mass effect and a surprise from one of their internal teams, plus two DL titles, one of them is the one from Brothers:a tale of two sons director.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think if you take off TitanFall 2 and change Star Wars by Visceral to SWTOR you've got the correct list.

It's possible that instead of Criterion's game we will see that game they showed at VGX by the Brothers team.

This makes total sense to me, and I forgot about the Brothers team's game. Wow this is going to be an exciting and unpredictable conference. Can't wait for Magic Johnson to talk about "BounceTek 3.1 for Origin: An EA Company By Electronic Arts Sponsored by Dungeon Keeper Mobile: It's In the Game" for 18 minutes.

Mononoke

Banned
Was honeslty turned off by Mass Effect as a whole after ME3. Wasn't just the ending, it was the entire game, as well as how a lot of the game design for the series failed when all was said and done (the plot across all 3 games, how choices actually were integrated across games). The whole thing just turned me off from ever wanting to jump back into the ME universe.

That said, they won me over with Dragon Age Inquistion. And while I really had some serious issues with ME as a whole, I can't deny that I spent easily over 400 hours on that series (I had re-played 1 and 2 numerous times). I felt so much attachment to my Shepard. And there were a lot of things that I loved about it.

I feel enough time has gone by, that im willing to jump back in, should the game bring back more of the RPG/exploration aspects. But I'll always be weary of the writing, as well as getting too invested into the series and the choices I make (I now understand the limitations and will keep my expectations down).

So bring it on. I'm ready for ME4. Outside of battle front and Mirrors Edge, only thing I'm interested in from EA.

Edit: reading some of these lists, I actually am interested in tittles I didn't realize were coming. Plus I always have an open mind to all new IPs

Mass Effect trilogy minus the online play being tied to Galactic Readiness rating please, oh Nd don't you fucking dare try to sell us the DLC separately all over again, EA.

I'm throwing you this one lifeline because it's BioWare, don't screw it up.

Mass Effect Trilogy please so i can finally play this sereis.

In other news those smaller remaster studios are probably getting alot of work this gen.

Top Bottom