• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA's press conference will have 12 "HD titles", announces booth game line-up

GeoramA

Hope the first two they show are Mass Effect and Mirror's Edge, then I can skip the rest. But that won't happen obviously.

Its so sad to see that of all the great IP's in EA's history, the only non annual sports/racing, non licensed game in that list is Mirror's Edge.

Brakus

Banned
People still use "HD" to describe games ?....

I mean, c'mon we've been gaming in HD for the last ten years... Shoudn't they find a new term that's more exciting than "HD"...

At least talk 1080p HD... Plain HD is so last-gen...

Yeah awful or what!? I thought what are they referring too? Not thinking it would mean High Definition.

Give me Amy Hennig's Star Wars game, give me the Mass Effect stuff I want (ME4/Trilogy Remaster for XB1/PS4) and have Mirror's Edge: Catalyst remain true to the first game (Read: NO FUCKING GUNS) and EA wins E3 for me. Anything else is gravy.

(That said, if they have BioWare Edmonton announce their new IP (the one Mac Walters and Casey Hudson were on before the latter left), that is extra brownie points)

Velcro Fly

that is going to be a lot for the vault in about 9 months

also the HD thing I just think it's to differentiate between console and handheld/mobile

Patryn

I'm surprised they're continuing TOR tbh.
Why? It's been making them money for a long time now.

People online have this impression that it was this major disaster, but it's probably among the most successful MMOs of all time. Yes, it's no WOW but nothing is WOW.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
the fuck "hd titles" never heard that shit before.

anyways, this better be good. More gameplay and stuff

graywolf323

at first I thought that meant EA was getting onto the remaster craze and I got a bit excited at the prospect of a Mass Effect 1-3 collection on PS4/XBO :-/

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
odds of a ww2 battlefield with a twist?

Though I'd doubt they'd announce anything in BF yet given star wars this year

Guri

I'm basically interested in Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect, Hazelight and Amy Hennig's Star Wars game (if those last two show up).

People still use "HD" to describe games ?....

I mean, c'mon we've been gaming in HD for the last ten years... Shoudn't they find a new term that's more exciting than "HD"...

At least talk 1080p HD... Plain HD is so last-gen...

Knowing EA, they are talking of "big budget" games, games with great graphics. Not unlike those icky indie games, eww!

/s

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I remember Mass Effect extremely well because I got it on launch just like every other person in the industry did. However; I'm subjected to arguments and very trendy ways of thinking when some players speak out against a game's dated gameplay and then HD versions come out and sales skyrocket. I love seein these trends, but it's infuriating comparing modern triple A as a standard for gaming period. Non-EA publishers like 2K could possibly bring out BioShock. That game, to me, can last a very long time. EA could possibly bring Dead Space HD and a lot of us have had these games since Day 1. It's going to be interesting to see what they do. I felt like pointing that out because the hatred for dated game play and triple A enthusiast had its very own mid-way discussion on what's on point and what damage should be dealt. IMO it's BS and anything can and will come back into the spotlight for profit.

lil

Actually, demonstrate is a weird word. Like if they show Amy Hennig Star Wars in a little teaser or a studio documentary like they did last year, is that a "demonstration?" because I really don't see it as one.

8BFlPxM.jpg

iQYVwKd.jpg

Can't wait!

jaypah

All I really want is Fight Night and Burnout with circuits. Seeing as that'll never happen I guess I'll watch to see what they do announce.

"Need for Speed – Discover a nocturnal world of urban car culture built around real world automotive icons and Five Ways to Play in this thrilling reboot."

I can already smell it from here. Ugh....

Top Bottom