• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"East meets West" game music orchestra concert stream at 2:05pm EST

Aku-Audi

The concert took place last Friday, but it will be streaming worldwide online and on WDR4 radio in Germany today at 2:05pm EST.

Here is the program:

1. Lylat Wars and StarWing (Starfox and Starfox 64) - Toward the Celestial Sphere (arr. Jonne Valtonen)
2. EverQuest II - Thundering Steppes
3. James Bond 007: Blood Stone - Athens Harbour Chase
4. Journey - Apotheosis (arr. Austin Wintory)
5. Final Fantasy - Concerto for Piano and Orchestra (arr. Roger Wanamo - Benyamin Nuss on piano)
6. Xenogears - Suite (arr. Roger Wanamo)
7. Unlimited Saga - Ruby‘s Theme (arr. Roger Wanamo)
8. Gothic 3 - Suite
9. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Light Spirit (arr. Jonne Valtonen)
10. Turrican II - Anthology Suite (arr. Roger Wanamo)

Encore 1: East Meets West - Anthem of Merregnon (composed and orchestrated by Jonne Valtonen)
Encore 2: The Great Giana Sisters (arr. Jonne Valtonen)

It's an amazing show with great elaborate arrangements, very pure and sophisticated compared to your usual run of the mill VGL or Zelda concert show. The Final Fantasy piece is especially amazing, being a 20 minute piano concerto going through 1~6 without stop. Twilight Princess also features an incredible solo performer.

EDIT:

If you missed the live stream, you can grab Arren's recording here.

Will be listening.. I'm actually already listening and I'm hearing the German version of Rockapella right now lol

It's cool that the stream is iPad friendly for once.

B.K.

Someone is actually using Xenogears music? It's a miracle! I don't think I'm going to be around for it. I hope someone records the stream. I want to hear the Final Fantasy and Xenogears pieces.

JOURNEY

JOURNEY

OH MY GOD JOURNEY

tumblr_lmh3c3lICR1qj9tga.gif

Just wait for the next AAA EAD Tokyo game. The soundtrack will be great.
I'm sure, but the Nintendo of old would have never allowed any game, let alone a Mario game hit the shelves with the shitty music that the NSMB series has had. Every single first party release used to have excellent music in it, even the B-titles like "Super Soccer"

Aku-Audi

Despite being the more unknown track in the show, this Bond piece is quite awesome and perfectly in line with Bond film music.

Aku-Audi

I was sitting next to Wintory while they performed this and he said it had never sounded better than at this concert. Glad you guys finally can hear why he felt that way.

Aku-Audi

The solo pianist is Benyamin Nuss, who is 22 years old. He did this entire piece with no sheet music, all from the heart. Absolutely incredible.

Top Bottom