• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"East meets West" game music orchestra concert stream at 2:05pm EST

Aku-Audi

The time spent on Turrican 2 compared to Xenogears was ridiculous.

You have to take into account that the audience here were celebrating the composers in attendance, especially Chris Hulsbeck (Turrican composer) who is absolutely loved in his home of Germany where this concert took place. The Xenogears piece has some wonderful performances in it, and in the overall flow of the show it works perfectly.

I'm pretty sure you have not heard the last of Xenogears from this team, however.

Aku-Audi

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!

Thanks to everyone who listened and enjoyed the show. Especially Cheesemeister who stayed up all night.

For those who enoyed this show, check out the next production from Merregnon Studios: Final Symphony. Included in the thread is also links to their previous concerts and cds.

Thanks to everyone, a big hug from me to all of you who listened.

Chili

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!

Thanks to everyone who listened and enjoyed the show. Especially Cheesemeister who stayed up all night.

For those who enoyed this show, check out the next production from Merregnon Studios: Final Symphony. Included in the thread is also links to their previous concerts and cds.

Thanks to everyone, a big hug from me to all of you who listened.

Thanks for the heads up! Final Symphony is performing in London with the LSO. Tickets bought :)

Arren

I hadn't seen this thread yesterday, otherwise I'd have joined you all in listening to this wonderful concert. It was really brilliant, on par with every other lush musical project brought to the public by Merregnon Studio.

Anyway, for those who missed yesterday's stream, I've actually made a complete recording of the event!

You can grab it here.

It's far from perfect and you'll occasionally hear some faint blips here and there, that were already present while I was listening to it. Nonetheless, they're barely noticeable and just a minor nuisance that doesn't prevent anyone from enjoying the sumptuous arrangements included here.

I have kept the entire recording intact: the only change pertains to the splitting of the tracks, which was done without re-encoding the original file at all. Everything else is untouched if compared to the source stream.

Well, that's it! Enjoy! :)

Aku-Audi

Thank you Arren. I'm sure those who missed the concert are really appreciative of your recording. Were you at the concert as well perhaps?

I've added the link to your recording in the top OP.

Arren

Unfortunately no, I couldn't attend this particular event, though I had the fortune to be present at the 06.07.2012 Symphonic Fantasies concert in Cologne and hopefully I'll attend Final Symphony in Wuppertal as well.

As a long-time follower of Merregnon's extraordinary results in regards to giving videogame music a correct and technically rich symphonic treatment, I'm always happy to see its popularity reach new audiences.

I live in Italy and I still keep my fingers crossed, hoping to see these concerts arrive here someday. We'll see. :)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I hadn't seen this thread yesterday, otherwise I'd have joined you all in listening to this wonderful concert. It was really brilliant, on par with every other lush musical project brought to the public by Merregnon Studio.

Anyway, for those who missed yesterday's stream, I've actually made a complete recording of the event!

You can grab it here.

It's far from perfect and you'll occasionally hear some faint blips here and there, that were already present while I was listening to it. Nonetheless, they're barely noticeable and just a minor nuisance that doesn't prevent anyone from enjoying the sumptuous arrangements included here.

I have kept the entire recording intact: the only change pertains to the splitting of the tracks, which was done without re-encoding the original file at all. Everything else is untouched if compared to the source stream.

Well, that's it! Enjoy! :)

May I kiss your feet, m'lord?

Aku-Audi

To those of you who listen to the show through the recording, feel free to share your thoughts here, all the feedback is very much appreciated.

Top Bottom