• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies @ E3 2017 Streaming Thread & Schedule

Gxgear

Way too by-the-book from Sony. I said they only need one thing to go with GoW to win 2017, but SotC & non-exclusive MH weren't enough. Nice to see Spiderman in action though.

Mainly showing games that are far out has to catch up to you some day.
Next year will have more new stuff again.

New stuff like Shenmue 3 and the Final Fantasy XII remake?

I really wish everyone (else) would take a leaf out of Bethesda's book. Announce games that you intend to release in the coming 12 months - I can't stay hyped any longer than that. Did we gain anything by seeing Sea of Thieves last year? Or by seeing God of War last year? I get that there will always be edge cases where delays will cause a game to be shown across multiple E3s (Zelda, Cuphead) - but otherwise, keep it locked away until it's actually close.

My two cents, I know many will disagree. If I were on the panel, I'd be punishing any conference that contains games without release windows, or with release windows beyond E3 2018.

Stand-outs for me so far this E3:

• Crackdown 3
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Dragon Ball Fighter Z
  • AC Origins
  • Spider-Man
  • SotC remake
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Mario Odyssey

Umibozu

The only conference that genuinely didn't disappoint this year was Ubisoft, they seemed like they kept hitting it out of the park but it was a little sad with the shadow of their takeover looming over.
Hopefully Nintendo can do something tomorrow, but it might be a bit much to ask of them.

BBboy20

Ben seems very optimistic about a Western focused Monster Hunter despite Capcom's history with Resident Evil. It's a valid concern if the company will put MonHun in such a painful path.

So far, machine guns and lack of cooking music seem like the Western things about it but...it seemed to have set pieces...can 3 other players participate in such moments?

I mean, is "World" the future of Monster Hunter or is Capcom also going to try to make different flavors for different audiences?

Tregard

Soothsayer
If a year ago you had told me two separate versions of Skyrim would appear in difference E3 conferences this year, I'd have called you insane

Really hope SotC is closer to a remaster than a remake.

Even minor tweaks (Twilight Princess HD horse controls) can eff up parts of a great game.

WarRock

Yeah, I actually disliked Sony conference because it felt everything interesting or good looking came fast as fuck without intervals right at the start and then it got worse and worse.

If Nintendo has better pacing/balance of announcements, it takes the best conference award from me.

Yeah, I actually disliked Sony conference because it felt everything interesting or good looking came fast as fuck without intervals right at the start and then it got worse and worse.

If Nintendo has better pacing/balance of announcements, it takes the best conference award from me.
The VR segment was exactly as I feared.

It was probably cool for those of y'all who have/enjoy PSVR though, so I can't hate too much.

But I can hate a little bit. Get that (literal) vomit inducing nonsense out of here!

Joqu

Well, Nintendo can't disappoint me because they'll be showing off Super Mario Odyssey which is very much my dream game, I pretty much consider it what Zelda was last year. Anything else is just gravy to me, but hey, I'm not expecting this huge announcement packed presentation.

munchie64

I assume it's gonna be a bit before we can easily download that MvC demo?

EA: 5.0
MS: 7.5
Bethesda: 6.2 (Updated this score)
Devolver: ?.?
PC: 7.3
Ubisoft: 8.4 (Updated this score)
Sony: 7.7

I wanna give a 9 Nintendo. It's right here!
So, I'm legit surprised there's nothing by way of From Soft or Sucker Punch, or Media Molecule.
Where the hell is dreams?

So, I'm legit surprised there's nothing by way of From Soft or Sucker Punch, or Media Molecule.
I agree on MM and From Soft.

In my opinion that Sony has so many 1st party games in the work and need to get out in the next year, I can wait on Sucker Punch.

And Ni No Kuni 2 shouldn't have been bumped!

grimmiq

Gotta give Ubisoft the best conference.

Hopefully this was Sony taking a breather. Showing mostly things we've already seen so at PSX/E3 next year they can bring out some amazing new things. That being said,

I'm more interest now in God of War
Days Gone has the trap setting stuff I love in games
Spider-Man looks great
I've always been interested in Monster Hunter, but the 3DS caused my right hand to cramp up frequently
Detroit is still meh to me.
SoTC day 1
My interest in MvC:I was killed by DBZ

Underwhelming compared to their last 2 E3s and last year's PSX

I'm set for games for a while though, so not too bothered by a lack of new announcements for later this year.

EA: 4.5 (Would have been a solid 6 if they ended with Anthem gameplay instead of MS)
MS: 8.5
Bethesda: 6.5
Devolver: ?/wut
PC: Didn't watch because it's a talk show
Ubisoft: 9
Sony: 7.5

Sony dropped the ball.
KH3 trailer should have been at the Sony conference.
Crash announcement should have been there.
A RDR trailer should have been shown, since Sony has the marketing deal.
Even GT Sport might have made the conference better, and I don't even care about GT.
Ni No Kuni 2 release date could have been shown instead of press release.

That stuff would have made it a solid 8 or 8.5.

jett

D-Member
Just no real megatons. It wasn't the E3 of hype and dreams. Except BGE2 I guess.

Giving so much space to the EZA logo on the stream turned out to be pointless. Nobody stood up in excitement. :p

Tregard

Soothsayer
EA: 4.5
MS: 8.0
Bethesda: 6.0
Devolver: DNQ
PC: 6.5
Ubisoft: 8.0
Sony: 7.0
Nintendo: Yet to Score

Current average: 6.7

Stinky E3

WarRock

I was speaking with a friend that I actually was hyped about that VR fishing in FFXV and he sent me this. That shit would make me get into VR, no joke.

i disagree
because most of the interesting things this year were shown last year anyway
it was the same thing
GoW, Days Gone and Spiderman?

Machina

Banned
I think the problem with E3 this year is we've gotten so used to these incredible blow your mind E3's of recent times, that we were bound to have that one where nobody really has anything much new to talk about, because they still have this massive backlog of work yet to finish and it feels really underwhelming as a result.

I mean FF7R, Shenmue 3 and Kingdom Hearts were announced 2 years ago and all 3 still don't feel any closer to completion.

It was a mistake to try ape last year's style without the content.

Just didn't work. A more traditional style would have worked better.

Take Marvel, have someone from Capcom come out, dressed as thanos. Have some actual fun.

mishakoz

I think the problem with E3 this year is we've gotten so used to these incredible blow your mind E3's of recent times, that we were bound to have that one where nobody really has anything much new to talk about, because they still have this massive backlog of work yet to finish and it feels really underwhelming as a result.

I mean FF7R, Shenmue 3 and Kingdom Hearts were announced 2 years ago and all 3 still don't feel any closer to completion.

Kingdom hearts was 2013. FF7r and shenmue were 2015.

I think that we were overdue for some kind of falter in quality, but it makes me wonder and I hate wondering. I rather know what on the way even though it's far off.

Like, I hate not knowing if Bloodborne 2 is real or not.

Disagree on Shenmue 3, it had a 0% chance of completion 2 years ago and then boom.

The fact it's taking longer than the initial schedule either is status quo (game is doomed, it'll never come out!) or good news (technology is allowing the team to increase the scope beyond what Yu Suzuki intended...).

Agree on the other two. Big budget studios deserve no excuses

Top Bottom