• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies @ E3 2017 Streaming Thread & Schedule

Agentnibs

Sony was kinda week this year. 6.9/10

God of war and shadow of the colossus were the highlight.

Spider Man was disappointing, way to scripted feeling

sora87

Sony gets a 5.5 from me, never thought I'd be writing that tonight. Just... nothing there of note. Sure SotC Remake is cool but I've played it over a decade ago. Monster Hunter looked.. rough. Literally can't think of anything else that they announced. Poor show.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I think especially with a year like this, it goes to show how we don't need so many press conferences annually.

Last two years, having Bethesda, Squeenix and such doing there own thing worked out (Mainly with Bethesda). However, this year Bethesda, Sony & Microsoft underwhelmed. If those Bethesda announcements has been split peacemeal to some degree between the platform conferences (Evil Within 2 at Playstation, Wolfenstein at Xbox?) it could have gone a long way to making all the conferences feel a little meatier I think.

If you're not a platform creator, I don't think you necessarily need a press conference every year. Have them on years you can do a deep dive on a long-awaited title, or have a ton of crazy surprises that are a long way out. But on those off years, it's not worth the price of admission.

WarRock

Nothing in that demo felt like Spiderman. Nothing in that UI or city had any personality whatsoever.

And the great combat scene was a boss fight with a big, fat grunt with large swings and immune to webbing. Never deal with that before.

Not to mention generic ass minimaps and mid action NPC calls. Wow, that is so Spiderman, codec calls while he is stalking bad guys.

Servbot24

Banned
Sony had lots of great games... that we've already seen before.

Can't believe there was no Sucker Punch... was hoping for FROM and DMC5 too

Burt

It was an A for production, design, and presentation, and a B- for content - mostly because like more than half of it was recycled. I'm hesitant to ding it too much because it really was paced so well and what's there was great - along with the worry that it'd be a reflexive response to Sony's incredible but unsustainable last couple years - but it is kind of hard to believe that there wasn't some heavy hitter out of left field.

SotC remake and a Monster Hunter game are great, but they're known quantities. I don't need a new From announcement, but something mid-tier like an Until Dawn sequel or some RE2make news or a DQ announcement or just something from Square Enix would've done a ton to round it out. It wasn't that there was any problem with the conference, but there are so many more avenues that you could reasonably hope for them to explore, and them hitting none of them isn't just "Oh, they didn't say it" -- it's disheartening, because it gives the impression that there's nothing there on any of those fronts.

Aikidoka

It had the same problem Bethesda had in that almost everything was known. The only thing that gives MS the edge was Metro and Anthem reveals. However, Sony didn't have terrible lulls like the porsche and stuff, and the demo were pretty good.

WarRock

Yeah, Ben and Ian basically summarized my thoughts. And lol @ no Metal Gear Survive, I forgot about it and was sure it was going to be in.

Bosman gave EA's conference over 8.5 and then Sony 7.8?

I think expectations played a role in those scores. EA was expected to be bad and was good, Sony was expected to be awesome and was just okay.

I think the conference would have been better without the Sony preshow. Superhot VR, Undertale, the new Ni No Kuni trailer, and that group cell phone play thing would have been cool in the conference itself.

Azriell

Pretty good show from Sony IMO. Probably a 7 from me. I'm glad they gave PSVR some time, although the games were pretty mixed looking. Not enough surprises or indies, but the AAA games got me pretty hyped. I was really hopeful they would announce a Pro price drop in response to XB1X's price tag, but oh well.

Ultimadrago

I'm with Brad, B grade or 8/10 for Sony. I loved the big projects shown, but the momentum didn't maintain for me. The relative "high point" of an overall okay E3.

Would have rocked to have had Sucker Punch show what they are working on. Solid showing but was missing that late next year or 2019 title and a good indie section.

Tregard

Soothsayer
NimbusCub please don't betray me

xyuUi2N.gif

I gotta say, as a whole this e3 is pretty tepid. I really thought it was going to be a blowout.

MS was gonna make a huge case for xb1x...that didn't come too pass.

Sony was gonna double down on all killer no filler...not really any surprises.

All that's left is Nintendo. They have a whole new console to justify. I'm lowering my expectations. Half and hour really isn't much.
At least I will be reunited with odyssey. I really hope I can turn on my switch and play something new tmrw tho.

Also it just felt like everybody just, well, doesn't have much to show this year. Not just Sony.

I think next year will be better for everybody as the Switch is a year into it's life and a lot of Sony and Microsofts new first party stuff is deep enough into development to showcase.

But nobody other than Ubisoft really had anything to show.

7.9, which is a major bummer overall for Sony.

Why are these things so short?! They were wrapping this thing up in under an hour! Had so much good stuff in the preshow, give them some shine in the main show.

Good:
-Lost Legacy
-Horizon DLC
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Spider Man
-God of War
-Detroit
-Monster Hunter

The bad:
-Lack of announcements
-Length of conference
-VR Block
-Announcing good stuff in the pre-show
-Emphasis on stage shit rather than games in some instances

Middling:
-Destiny
-COD
-Days Gone. (liked it more than last year, still didn't sell me.)

Overall:
Ubisoft
Sony
Microsoft
EA
Bethesda
(didn't watchPC)

Despite everyone being overhyped going into that, I think replacing Destiny with Ni No Kuni would have made this easily the best press conference so far. There were some pacing issues, but between this and the pre-show there was clearly enough new and interesting content to satisfy me.

God of War might push me over the edge to buying my own PS4.

It's been an underwhelming E3 for sure despite some really cool and exciting games being announced. There are just too many "eh" and "okay" games surrounding them.

Lexad

There was some fantastic trailers and people are too spoiled after the last few years of the megatons. That was a solid conference (though disappointed neither Detroit, GOW, or Days are coming this year). The preshow was great too that filled out the back catalog.

Ashtar

I'm an admitted Ubi Stan but I have a hard time ranking Ubi or Sony even if a lot of those games didn't appeal to me
The funny thing is that they had the ammo to make a better show but didn't use it

Matter fall? Should have been shown
Ni nu kuni? Come on!
Super hot vr? That shouldn't be billed over old tired rusty dusty skyrim? Even my wife wondering why skyrim looking ugly as hell and she loves that game!
No Star Wars battle front single player?
Xbox had anthem as a closer, Ubi had bge and Sony had telltales Spider-Man ?
Even everyone golf could have been in a sizzle real they tried to go all killer no filler.... but couldn't pull the trigger
I don't remember what I rated Ubi but I think it was an 8.4 I'll give this...... 8.2 screw it ubi

Despite everyone being overhyped going into that, I think replacing Destiny with Ni No Kuni would have made this easily the best press conference so far. There were some pacing issues, but between this and the pre-show there was clearly enough new and interesting content to satisfy me.

God of War might push me over the edge to buying my own PS4.
I'd say stick Destiny 2 next to COD, and put Ni No Kuni in Destiny 2's spot would have helped

This as a whole felt like a catch-up year for a lot of devs. If you look at what Sony has in the queue for the rest of the year it's till a decent amount. They're not mega games but stuff like Everyone's Golf for $40 is nice

But I try to go into each year just focused on the knowns and not get hung up on the possible announcements. Hell Im still 3 games back from this spring in my backlog of 2017. I have more than enough games. Haha

WarRock

I mean, there is still the showfloor. I'm expecting some juicy info from smaller games.
And then there is Treehouse after the Nintendo not-Direct.
What if From shows something for Nintendo tomorrow?

Axass

People saying this is a bad E3 are crazy, lots of exciting new games shown plus some great confirmations and we still gotta see Nintendo.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I mean, there is still the showfloor. I'm expecting some juicy info from smaller games.
And then there is Treehouse after the Nintendo not-Direct.
What if From shows something for Nintendo tomorrow?

From Software presents

Metroid: Entropy

Top Bottom