• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's at the tail end of their bethesda stream, they only spend the 15 minutes on it before moving on, I think Bosman and Ian were the only ones digging it.
Thanks.
Man, I'm really disappointed with Trailer Jones. I feel like they are still doing things exactly like they did in GT in a really bad way. I never liked Trailer Score because they often feel like no matter what a trailer does, they'll complain about the most meaningless things. It often feels like if a trailer does X, they will say the trailer should have done Y. But if the trailer did Y, they will then say the trailer should have done X. A good example is Brandon complaining that the Super Mario trailer had a few cuts in it in worlds we've seen before like New Donk City. I honestly feel that if no cut showed a previously shown world, Brandon would have said something like "I like this trailer, but I don't get why they didn't show a single shot of some of the worlds before. I wanna see how that hat is used on the people in New Donk City. They really should have done that to tie it back to what we saw last time." or something like that. Honestly, the whole thing reminds me of:
Strange complaint, never got that impression especially with the high scores they've given out. Brandon makes a note like that and still rated Mario Odyssey's trailer a 9, but it seems like you're complaining because you wanted him to rate it an 11 lol.

Budi

- More footage from E3 itself please. Huber Syndrome and Easy Update were both awesome, however I would love even more filming of E3 itself. I wanna feel the vibe from there. Show me for example an ally playing a game while giving his thoughts right on the showfloor while playing, On the fly interviews with small developers, ...

I'll piggyback this, EZA/GT interacting with people in E3 especially devs (outside of E3 too) has been one of my favorite things, like I've said before that I loved GT Live. And it's really nice to see all the B-roll as someone who most likely never gets to attend the event. Loved that Don and Ian took us on a tour to the different booths, unfortunately they were mostly filming the carpets =P

> Here are some impressions about Lawbreakers--

*discussion is immediately sidelined in favor of Dragon Ball Z and how Piccolo is like Batman*

😂 I love these guys so much.

Bahorel

In response to the Mario and worlds we've already seen critique, I'd like to bring up something I've been wondering.

Do you think based on the two trailers we have seen every world SMO has, or are they holding back some to surprise us? I want to keep my expectations in check and say that we've already seen them all, but I'm not quite sure

wiibomb

In response to the Mario and worlds we've already seen critique, I'd like to bring up something I've been wondering.

Do you think based on the two trailers we have seen every world SMO has, or are they holding back some to surprise us? I want to keep my expectations in check and say that we've already seen them all, but I'm not quite sure

how many have they shown? I believe what the EZA panel said sometime ago that there is no way this only has 8 worlds, personally I believe probably like 15, and even if they have shown all worlds, there has been several instances where we have been shown that these worlds are pretty big and have a lot to do in each, so even if we know them from the trailers, we haven't seen a lot of things about the many secrets and things available on those worlds.

Servbot24

Banned

I think it's safe to say we know everything in the game.

sora87

I don't think they've shown them all off, Mario games usually have a lot of worlds. It'd be silly to show everything off in the first two trailers.

N° 2048

I hope there's more but if that's all the worlds we're getting then I'm ok with it. They are big according to impressions so there's lots to explore.

I've been watching through the E3 impression videos. Did the guys skip talking about The Last Night due to the controversial developers. I'm not suggesting that's the right thing to do, though I'd be pretty impressed if that's the case.

I've been watching through the E3 impression videos. Did the guys skip talking about The Last Night due to the controversial developers. I'm not suggesting that's the right thing to do, though I'd be pretty impressed if that's the case.

It wasn't playable or seen anywhere at e3 besides that Microsoft conference so I don't think there was ever anything to say.

Mista Koo

Btw they're miscounting the worlds, the dinosaurs one is the same as the jungle/kettles one.

Also did anyone really think Spider-Man will be about Mr. Negative? No way a nobody will be the only/the main villain!

wiibomb

May be that game wasn't even showed at E3, I haven't heard of any showing of it and EZA coverage covered only something showed on E3, being on the showfloor or by meetings or at a private showing

It wasn't playable or seen anywhere at e3 besides that Microsoft conference so I don't think there was ever anything to say.
May be that game wasn't even showed at E3, I haven't heard of any showing of it and EZA coverage covered only something showed on E3, being on the showfloor or by meetings or at a private showing

Oh, for some reason I thought I heard people played it at E3. My mistake

Servbot24

Banned
Btw they're miscounting the worlds, the dinosaurs one is the same as the jungle/kettles one.

Also did anyone really think Spider-Man will be about Mr. Negative? No way a nobody will be the only/the main villain!

He's the only villain I saw, so he's the only one that exists!

Gamers

Mr. Negative is a good villain though. I'd love it if he was the main baddy backed up by a few others.

I doubt he will be the only villain in the entire game but I like that they're centering the game around a lesser known guy.

I agree with Huber in a way but it's weird because it's "trailer jones" idk it be hard for me to compare a full cgi trailer to an actual game cutscenes and gameplay trailer

UrbanRats

Huber from Trailer Jones: "Anyone can make a cgi trailer!"

No they cant, or i guess anyone working at Blur and similar studios, is just a chump wasting their time.

Mista Koo

Done with the impressions, yay!
Frame Trap left, and checking whatever Trailer Jones is.

Mr. Negative is a good villain though. I'd love it if he was the main baddy backed up by a few others.
They need to have the main one be someone people have heard of. But I guess it's cool that they choose one for the comic fans for E3.

I doubt he will be the only villain in the entire game but I like that they're centering the game around a lesser known guy.
I think they're just centering the E3 demo around him, doubt he's the main one.

Visceir

Huber from Trailer Jones: "Anyone can make a cgi trailer!"

No they cant, or i guess anyone working at Blur and similar studios, is just a chump wasting their time.

Anyone can outsource it to a CG studio like Microsoft did with Phantom Dust, where the developers weren't even aware of the trailer.

wiibomb

I totally get the complaints of CGI trailers when they are constantly put as an excuse to make a trailer out of a game, because it fairly tries to confuse the audience about what to expect from a game, however I'm perfectly fine with a CGI trailer as long as:

1. It is the first reveal of a game
  2. It tells a compelling little self contained story trying to depict the world of the game being made

Budi

Anyone can outsource it to a CG studio like Microsoft did with Phantom Dust, where the developers weren't even aware of the trailer.

If the trailer is good, it's good. Doesn't matter who specifically made it. Especially in the case of EZA, they are reviewing the trailers and not how they except the games to be.

Something like Night to Remember for Witcher 3 told a lot about the game too while being CGI.

Visceir

Sure, and trailer jones is scoring trailers, not developers.

You don't really need to explain that to me, I've got no horse in the race. I'm just pointing out that it was a valid argument that Huber made -- anyone can outsource that stuff and have a good CG trailer made. It's just irrelevant in trailer jones' case.

It was odd to see Huber getting so worked up over it, it's just 3 dudes voicing their opinions on trailers and had it been Huber on the panel it would have maybe been the CG trailer that would have instantly gotten points docked.

Budi

I must have missed it, but I thought Brandon was going to appear on the GB set during E3?

I think this was only speculation based on vague comments that Brandon made, not that it was actually planned that he would appear there. He was on Gamespot stage hosted by Greg Miller though and also as Keighley's guest if I remember right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom