• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Would've loved to see it work out but it just never looked good to me

The project always seemed like "you hired Platinum to make the kind of game Platinum doesn't make" and I guess that's kind of how it was shaping up

Pretty much. I can imagine Scalebound started out as Kamiya's "dream project" but Microsoft pushed them in a direction they had no experience in (open world, online co-op, etc) and it turned into a mess as they tried to figure everything out. Basically True Fantasy Live Online 2.

The thing that really concerns me from this news is Platinum's future. This is the exact same way Microsoft almost killed Obsidian, they had a lot of staff and no major project to move them over to. Platinum needs to find a new project fast.

Microsoft can fuck off though.

Karu

A huge bummer, for both the XBOX brand and Platinum specifically. The reveal gameplay demo looked really cool, the second (?) one was garbage tho. Meh. :-(

Not really surprised that Scalebound got cancelled. I feel like I cared about more because it was a Platinum game, and not because of what was shown in the actual game demos. I'm not sure if the hunting game premise would've drawn players to it in sufficient quantities to make it a success, and I think Microsoft knew that, which is why they probably pushed for the open world and co-op stuff.

I think the most damning thing about Scalebound is that I'm bummed about what this means for Platinum, not about the game itself never seeing the light of day.

Tankard

I finally caught up...

2nd Ally to beat it I think? Heart was pounding so hard when I was just under the score, as last week I missed beating it by like 1000 points because of greed. Ended up crushing it this time though, felt good man. Kyle can do it for sure he just needs some luck and to mash better.

Damn, you beat Woz Warlord, congrats dude, i will also get there eventually.

I finally caught up...

2nd Ally to beat it I think? Heart was pounding so hard when I was just under the score, as last week I missed beating it by like 1000 points because of greed. Ended up crushing it this time though, felt good man. Kyle can do it for sure he just needs some luck and to mash better.
Amazing stuff. According to Kyle this means you can officially coach Kyle and he has to listen to you!

wapplew

Where's my Frame trap? Too much negativity today, I can't even write over optimism things for MS.
I need my dose of jolly!

FRAME TRAP

https://youtu.be/_rhoKPyozwI

OK, maybe the dragon will rise

360p and a coarse-voiced Ben at the start.

I'm ready

cFMvE9f.gif

Didn't know the Pokemon TGC sequel got a fan translation, thats pretty neat. The original is really great game if you are into the card game (as I was back in the day).

Switch sequel with big production values incoming, believe!

PepperedHam

I really love how cozy Talking Syndrome is. I'm really glad Huber does those. Especially the latest one, I love them just hanging around shooting the shit.

Someone really needed to pull out the Prove It ticket on Huber when he said Walking Dead: Season 3 uses a new engine that runs well. I refuse to believe it.

Didn't know the Pokemon TGC sequel got a fan translation, thats pretty neat. The original is really great game if you are into the card game (as I was back in the day).

Switch sequel with big production values incoming, believe!

Are you talking about the GBC game? Or maybe it was GBA, I don't remember. That had a sequel?

Chuck

Still without luck
Disney World is a hundred million times better than Land and anyone who tells you otherwise is almost definitely from LA.

I finally caught up...

I still say he should get an SNES controller converter and play on that.

Fantastic Frame Trap, and it probably convinced me to get Yakuza 0 later this month.

No kidding! I was already thinking about whether or not I wanted to dedicate time to some older stuff exclusively this month, but they sure made a strong case for that game.

AlucardGV

Banned
I finally caught up...

since you went there, do you think bosman obstacle to overcome is a mashing problem? has he even tried to do some run with othr controller, even to just see if it's a controller problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom