• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eat Them (PSN) - Screens (E3 2010)

picture93udn.jpg

For some reason I'm impressed by the graphic style (especially the monsters), looks like a comic page / comic style cutscene/stills to me. Not like normal gameplay.
cell-shading done right

game seems to be fun as well, I have it on the radar since the PSN trailer.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Host Samurai said:
I hope its like a 3D beat em up like King of the Monsters 2 on the Neo Geo over a vs monster fighter like War of the Monsters.

Yes! I used to play the living fuck of of those games in the arcade. This game looks awesome and I'll be buying it simply because it reminds me of the Neo-Geo games.

The art's pretty darned good , too.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
infos

Platform: PlayStation®3 system
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe LLC.
Developer: FluffyLogic Development Ltd
Rating: “T” for Teen
Release: December 21, 2010

OVERVIEW
Take on the role of disgraced government scientist, Dr. Wilder and create an array of giant monsters to wreak havoc on the comic-inspired, cel-shaded city streets. Eat people for power and destroy everything in your path using heavy-hitting melee weapons, mortars, powerful long-range lasers and more! Join up to four players in cooperative off-line madness and stop at nothing as you totally destroy the city and your path of vengeance! But beware; as your rampage progresses expect heavy resistance from police and SWAT units to the army and even the air-force!

KEY FEATURES
• Build your unique creature in the Monster Lad and go on a monster mash, causing as much damage to the city as possible
• Team up with up to four players for cooperative destruction and mayhem
• Power your custom-created beast's weapons and abilities by eating the city's inhabitants
• Enjoy bonus missions, multiplayer modes and global leaderboards to maximize your monsterous mayhem!

when i saw those photos i was trying to remember that monster game and it was answered earlier: king of the monsters!

why isn't this on PSN/XBLA?

i will probably buy this game though. looks good!

dwin45

The Playstation blog confirmed that it is releasing this Tuesday:

Eat Them! (PSN Exclusive): Destroy cities, eat people, smash your friends and unleash your beast in this action-packed monster smasher from the makers of Savage Moon. Build your unique creature in the Monster Lad and go on a monster mash, causing as much damage to the city as possible. Enjoy bonus missions, multiplayer modes and global leaderboards to maximize your monster madness!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/12/19/the-drop-week-of-dec-20th-2010-new-releases/

I'll probably wait for reviews, but it does look like a pretty fun game. Also, I'm curious on the price. Hopefully it's not $14.99.

B.K.

The trailer looks interesting, but I don't really like all the cel-shading. It makes everything a bit hard to see to me. It makes those monsters look messy. I wish it was toned down a bit.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
kassatsu said:
I have been playing it for sometime. The eating mechanic that the game is built around is not the greatest.
Pac Man pretty much has a lock on eating mechanics.

Do you have enough info for a mini-review? I assumed that the game was just a cell shaded version of War of the Monsters.

This game is getting some good promotion in Home. I hope it gets a Home space. The Fat Princess, Gravity Crash etc spaces were fantastic.

Top Bottom