• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating at a buffet alone, is it weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RE_Player

I'm driving my brother to an oral surgeon because he has to get work done and can't drive home himself after the procedure. Going to have 2 hours to kill but don't want to be too far away in case something happens or they finish early. There is a Chinese buffet across the street from the place. So my question is this gaf, would it be strange to go to a buffet and eat alone?

NIGHT-

Nah! I eat alone at a pizza buffet every so often. I just have a weird schedule and a lot of times my friends are working when I'm off. I've never felt weird about it

Goldrush

Less weird than a restaurant since there usually isn't a hovering waitress and you don't have that awkward wait for the food.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
I personally don't like dining anywhere alone where I have to sit down so I understand how you feel OP. Buffets are on the fringes of that for me, so I'd sooner eat there alone than a proper sit down restaurant. I say go for it.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Just make sure that you clap loudly after filling your plate.

Buffets are actually better suited for solo eating than regular restaurants because there's no downtime between courses.

You can pig out and be out of there in like 20 minutes.

Corpekata

Banned
I think only if you're the type to worry about like, going to the movies alone, would this be weird.

Or maybe going to a buffet like 5 times a week alone, that'd be a little generally weird too.

Catdaddy

One of the positions I held in the company I work for had me traveling a lot. So I usually ate alone, went to the movies alone, went to the bar alone when I traveled. You'll be fine.

Eating at a Buffet. Never!!! Buffets shouldn't exist, it's a den of gluttony and waste for those who belong in the third circle of hell! It's not weird... it's evil.

Degen

you should put loaded-up plates all over the table, cross your arms and nod approvingly

I haven't actually thought about what this would accomplish

Usually when people ask if something is weird to do alone, the answer is no. Only insecure people care. Just go to what you wanna do.

For instance, I love seeing movies alone on a sunday morning.

Usually when people ask if something is weird to do alone, the answer is no. Only insecure people care. Just go to what you wanna do.

For instance, I love seeing movies alone on a sunday morning.

Yep. All of this. I travel alone and often do everything alone. Who gives a shit? You do you, homey.

Kittygirl

Huh, I work for a dentist, and eat at the local buffet by myself a couple times a month. Please don't tell me it's weird. I don't have to pack a lunch, and it's as good as, and cheaper than the local restaurants.

Go to the library if you want to feel conspicuous for a few hours.

I really don't pay attention to what other people are doing in their booths.

Just don't steal my food off the buffet line when I'm eyeing it.

i remember going to a dennis after driving around 8 hours from LA to SD (got one of those awesome 405 shitfests) and then they were fixing something around san onofre, so ...

but when i got to the dennis, i sat down, ordered some food, kinda stared out the window and the dude helping me with my order asked me "are you ok?" and i was like wtf yes i am, then he started making small chit chat and even a random lady came and sit to eat with me.

I felt miserable because of driving, not with myself :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom