• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge 238 Scores

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems these have finally come out.

Gaming Everything said:
EDGE review scores – March 2012
February 10th, 2012 Posted in 360, 3DS, News, PS3, Vita
Posted By: Valay

Final Fantasy XIII-2 – 5
WipEout 2048 – 8
Star Wars: The Old Republic – 8
Uncharted: Golden Abyss – 7
The Darkness II – 7
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – 6
NeverDead – 7
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D – 8
Haunt – 5
Little Deviants – 5
Everybody’s Golf – 7
Reality Fighters – 6
Source: http://gamingeverything.com/15128/edge-review-scores-march-2012/

Moofers

Ha ha Those guys are always good for controversy. I don't weigh my purchases on their scores at all, but I enjoy seeing them throw everybody for a loop from time to time.

Wow, I'm surprised MGS 3D got an 8. I'm glad to see they liked WipEout also since that's the only game I'm picking up with my Vita.

The Kingdoms of Amalur score is completely off based on my impressions with the game. Not surprising, though.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Snaker Eater 3DS received an 8?! I'd assume that's simply because MGS3 is an amazing game 'cuz everything we've seen on the game (including recent footage) has looked absolutely dreadful.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 – 5
WipEout 2048 – 8
Star Wars: The Old Republic – 8
Uncharted: Golden Abyss – 7
The Darkness II – 7
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – 6
NeverDead – 7
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D – 8
Haunt – 5
Little Deviants – 5
Everybody’s Golf – 7
Reality Fighters – 6

Come-On1.gif

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Yea, these numbers need letters. Especially so, seeing Snake eater 3D with an 8.

That's some illuminati type shit right there.

also

Banned
MGS 3DS scored surprisingly well for what looks like a lazy port. WipEout 2048 is another surprise. Isn't the game supposed to have horrendous load times, like ~45s for a race?

Mooreberg

Other than NeverDead being higher than the norm, there isn't much of a surprise in there.

What exactly is the cross platform play between 2048 and Wipeout HD? Just shared older tracks, or are some of the new tracks coming out for HD?

Amir0x

Banned
FFXIII-2 sounds about right, the game so far feels like someone is gnawing on my ballsac. Every torturous second I proceed feels like an eternity, slowly slicing years off my life without me even realizing it. Listening to moogle's voice is something equivalent to gouging my eyes out or dipping an open wound in pure acid I'm sure. The battle system is far less complex, they removed meaningful haste, and it autoplays itself even HARDER than FFXIII - which was already the ultimate autogame for tards. Noel and pretty much every character encountered is abysmally written tripe not out of place in some Trekkie freaks' Captain Kirk/Picard 'bi-curious' fanfiction.

Edge rates on the entire scale though, so realistically FFXIII-2 should be a 2 out of 10. Amalur should be a 7/10 on their scale, good game.

Mooreberg

So, Metal Gear Solid 3DS >> all Vita launch titles.
The second game on the list is a launch title. Unless something is going on with the UK release that isn't widely known.

Does anyone actually base their purchasing opinions on what these jokes say?
Considering the circulation numbers, I'm guessing not many. I just look to see how bad they trashed whatever the month's big releases are. And to see a game like NeverDead get a higher score than elsewhere for reasons that we don't need to get into. ;-)

bozeman

Yeah, no kidding about NeverDead. After hearing and seeing such poor things about it, to see Edge put it at a level or above some of those other games is surprising.

I'll probably get it after it gets about 3 bomba price drops.

FFXIII-2 sounds about right, the game so far feels like someone is gnawing on my ballsac. Every torturous second I proceed feels like an eternity, slowly slicing years off my life without me even realizing it. Listening to moogle's voice is something equivalent to gouging my eyes out I'm sure. Noel and pretty much every character encountered is abysmally written tripe not out of place in some Trekkie freaks' Captain Kirk/Picard 'bi-curious' fanfiction.

Edge rates on the entire scale though, so realistically FFXIII-2 should be a 2 out of 10. Amalur should be a 7/10 on their scale, good game.

What makes it so torturous for you? I have yet to play it, so I was wondering. I heard it was a slight improvement over FFXIII. Also, glad to hear you like Amalur, considering I rarely see you praising games in threads, especially RPGs. ;)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
XIII-2 deserves a lot more points than XIII in any scale, IMO. It's a much better game.

All scores I'd agree with for the games I've played (Amalur, SWTOR and Darkness II).

I'm suddenly 70% more interested in bargain binning NeverDead.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I like Edge's review scale and scoring. Too many 9's are dished out nowadays, so it's refreshing to see critics take a harsher stand on quality control.

Interesting scores all around.

Not sure why anyone would continue playing a game they call 'torturous'. Unless there is some sort of GAF meme thing I'm missing.

Top Bottom