• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge - November 2015 (Quantum Break cover)

I read the article, its very interesting although I'm not sure how much is specifically new.

Im intrigued by how all the choices will affect the endings, 40 different factors involved..

One thing I think as I hear more and more about it is how it seems like there is no expense spared, MS are giving them whatever they need to fulfil their vision which I like

Granjinha

I read the article, its very interesting although I'm not sure how much is specifically new.

Im intrigued by how all the choices will affect the endings, 40 different factors involved..

One thing I think as I hear more and more about it is how it seems like there is no expense spared, MS are giving them whatever they need to fulfil their vision which I like

Ohh do tell more. Choices during the gameplay sequences? Are the live action bits gonna change?

Didn't think the game would have anything like choice-based narrative (even if it's only lightly)

Dennis

Banned
Quantum Break guy looks terrible.

Looks like random dude they pulled off the street.

But not the good part of town.

watership

Quantum Break guy looks terrible.

Looks like random dude they pulled off the street.

But not the good part of town.

I would be epic of Walmart greeters did this.

SF8myZr.gif

or this
IFZNWxy.gif

Giolon

This issue also has a great retrospective in this issue on Tomb Raider Legend and how it's such a shame that the new reboot left the 60's James Bond style behind in favor of trying to ape Uncharted and noted that the body count in the new reboot far surpasses that of Legend despite that being something Legend was heavily criticized for.

There's a lot more to the article than that. It's worth a read.

Ohh do tell more. Choices during the gameplay sequences? Are the live action bits gonna change?

Didn't think the game would have anything like choice-based narrative (even if it's only lightly)

They've going whats called "junction moments" or something, its briefly mentioned in this 2013 article but basically when it switches between the gameplay then to the TV stuff it gives you a choice (or choices) to make which then effect what happens in the TV show, these things all add up and then matter when you get to the ending.

It may well just be "Press X to 1 or Y to do 2" but the paths split and keep going as you get further along, it could be interesting depending on how it ends up working but it sounds promising.

Top Bottom