• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Calvin Harris just broke Michael Jackson's record for most top ten hits to come from a single album.

THE POWER OF EDM KNOWS NO BOUNDS!

DJ88

Reposting this since I've got a tracklist typed up typed up this time. It's my newest demo mix of techno and house. It's definitely influenced by the the mixing and track selection of DJ's like Carl Cox.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

https://soundcloud.com/user4205283/techno-house-mix

Tracklist:
Club Quake - Vicious Circle
Sian & Luigi Madonna - Royal Oak
Phuture Sound System - Reaction
Minilogue - Jamaica (Dubfire Dreadmill Remix)
Kike Serrano - Mulatto
Clubzound - Reach 2 Triablism (Clubz's Mix)
Fred Baker - Total Blackout
Timmy & Tommy - Full Tiltin (Joint Operations Centre Remix)
Pryda - Aftermath
Deadmau5 - Duo Cad Sordid
Phuture Sound System - Target 2
DJ Wope - Maxi Funk
Club Quake - Resurgence
Milton Jackson - Randoms

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Gareth Emery Podcast 231

Rank 1 - Floorlifter [High Contrast]
First State - Humanoid [Magik Muzik]
Cut & Slice - Complex'd [Press Play]
John Dahlback - Diamonds In The Dark [EMI]
Bobina - Basque The Dog [Magik Muzik]
Topher Jones feat. James Bowers - Save Me [Ultra]
Cable & Bonnici - Ride (Shiloh Remix) [Pilot 6]
Lucas Gravell - Ledande [Revealed]
Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, GTA feat, Wolfpack - Turn It Up [Musical Freedom]
Firebeatz - YEAHHHH [Fly Eye]
Banjamin Bates - KiKiT [Anti Plastik]
Gabriel & Dresden Vs D-Wayne - Shatter (Alex M.O.R.P.H. Remix) [Organised Nature]
Tritonal feat. Underdown - Bullet That Saved Me (Ilan Bluestone Remix) [Air Up There]
Mark Sherry - Phantasmic (Heatbeat Remix) [Reset]
Solis & Sean Truby - Meerkat [Garuda]
Johnny Yono - Orion [Lange]

Edit: Almost forgot, I'm going to Kaskade's Redux show in NYC tonight. :D My friend managed to snag tickets while the servers were fucking everyone over so I get to go. Really excited!!

D23

391046_10151645278393973_630420400_n.jpg

i guess im seeeing kaskade next tuesday, managed to get the tix.. $54 kinda pricey, i paid less for his freaks of nature tour.. i better shake his hand afterwards

edit: holy shit tickets sold out in 2 minutes

cdyhybrid

i guess im seeeing kaskade next tuesday, managed to get the tix.. $54 kinda pricey, i paid less for his freaks of nature tour.. i better shake his hand afterwards

edit: holy shit tickets sold out in 2 minutes

I don't see this on Foundation's or Kaskade's website.

cdyhybrid

He's announcing these shows through Twitter and Facebook. They only sell ~200-300 tickets to each show, and he's playing purely deep house and his older stuff. It's his way of going back to his roots.

Fuuuuuck. Well I guess I can see him at Paradiso.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Do American DJs perform in Australia regularly? I would imagine he would perform over there considering how popular he is.

The music last night was incredible but HE DIDN'T PLAY I REMEMBER. I don't know if I can ever forgive him.

Slightly better photo:

Nemesis_

I see the last time he came to Australia was 2011, but it's very possible he might've come for a side show or something recently during a festival but I missed it.

I'm the absolute worst with keeping track of gigs and the like - everytime I hear about someone coming I always seem to assume they are ALREADY HERE when in reality the tickets have just gone on sale, so of course I don't buy and the contemplate suicide when everyone is going to the show several months later and I realise what's happened.

Tiesto is the BIGGEST one I am regretting so much - he came here for his Kaleidoscope tour and I didn't go because I just thought I wouldn't like it. What the fuck was wrong with me? I need to go back in time and slap myself.

To make matters worse, my friend got high/drunk and I had to pick him up from the venue halfway through - so the DICKHEAD didn't even get to experience it despite the opportunity.

jesus, what a rant. >_>

EDIT: Have you guys seen this? I thought I posted about it a while ago but I don't think I did. Good way to talk about music and discover new tunes that we might not have been inclined to listen to previously.

I'm heading to bed, but when I'm up I can add EDM-GAF into moderating teams and what not.

http://plug.dj/edm-gaf/

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I see the last time he came to Australia was 2011, but it's very possible he might've come for a side show or something recently during a festival but I missed it.

I'm the absolute worst with keeping track of gigs and the like - everytime I hear about someone coming I always seem to assume they are ALREADY HERE when in reality the tickets have just gone on sale, so of course I don't buy and the contemplate suicide when everyone is going to the show several months later and I realise what's happened.

Tiesto is the BIGGEST one I am regretting so much - he came here for his Kaleidoscope tour and I didn't go because I just thought I wouldn't like it. What the fuck was wrong with me? I need to go back in time and slap myself.

To make matters worse, my friend got high/drunk and I had to pick him up from the venue halfway through - so the DICKHEAD didn't even get to experience it despite the opportunity.

jesus, what a rant. >_>

Haha that sucks man. I generally read music news and keep up with the festivals, but I als use Songkick. You follow artists on Facebook then log onto Songkick with your FB account and it will email you whenever an artist you're following announces ticket sales.

EDIT: Have you guys seen this? I thought I posted about it a while ago but I don't think I did. Good way to talk about music and discover new tunes that we might not have been inclined to listen to previously.

I'm heading to bed, but when I'm up I can add EDM-GAF into moderating teams and what not.

http://plug.dj/edm-gaf/

This is a great idea, some of the other music threads on GAF use plug.dj and it's pretty awesome. Would be great to get people from this thread together to share music. I'll add it to the OP!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I uploaded a video from the Kaskade Redux show I saw last night at Cielo. That set was insane, and the sound system was pretty awesome too. It was fun hanging out with a bunch of people who love the true Kaskade sound.

Ashhong

ok guys, what do you think about the name "Choonology" for my mixes? For those of you that don't know, when Armin says "wow, what a tune" it sounds like "choon" so it's a play off of that. I thought it's pretty funny lol.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Quick question: Is Dash Berlin good live? 95% chance I can get dirt-cheap tickets to see them tonight in DC and just wondering. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, just got my TomorrowWorld ticket. I'm also planning on going to EZoo, so it's going to be a very busy September. I really wanted to go to a camping EDM festival once and this seems like the right opportunity to do it.

I hope TW lives up to the hype of it's European sibling.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I was debating but decided not to since most of my friends were undecided about it. I am doing EDC NY and EZoo, so my summer should be pretty decent anyway.

Listening to In Search of Sunrise 2 makes spending all weekend in the office somewhat tolerable

ISoS 2 is a classic! I remember the first time I heard it, and it blew my mind. This is the track that really did it for me:

Cass & Slide - Perception (New Vocal Mix)

I already liked the original track when I heard it on Sasha's (epic) Global Underground: Ibiza album. So when I heard it on ISoS2, and the vocals dropped...mmmm. Memories...

Ferr986

ISOS 2 may be for me the best EDM album I ever listened. What a musical journey!

ISOS 1 is awesome too, although a little more rough. It had this gem of a track in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYLScVtL8fs

ISOS 3 is where it started to be a little less trancey, but still it was very good, in lie with the other 2.

Didnt like how the series was splitted in two CDs since ISOS 4, altough they were still enjoyable albums.

I only own ISOS 4, which contains this amazing gem: Solar Stone & JES - Like A Waterfall

Yes, one of the better tracks on ISOS 4. The version Solarstone used for its live mixes was even better, was a little diferet¡nt than the ISOS version and the commercial original mix (i remember having more vocal parts).

Cagey

Banned
I can't lie, when searching for a song to blast while driving around a rather sunny weekend, I kept coming back to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3y0espb9lY

You crazy genius bastard.

jesus, what a rant. >_>

I had no idea when that was starting until a buddy calls me day-of and says "yo we got Tiesto tickets at Hammerstein, let's go". Turns out it was the first day of his Kaleidoscope tour. Love or hate the guy now, he tour the fucking house down.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

If you like that you should check out the rest of Sultan & Ned Shepard's stuff, they do pretty good remixes as well as original tracks:

Morgan Page, Sultan + Ned Shepard, and BT | In the Air feat. Angela McCluskey

Kaskade ft. Dragonette - Fire In Your New Shoes (Sultan & Ned Shepard Remix)

Bruno Mars - Locked Out of Heaven (Sultan and Ned Shepard Remix)

I need to look for more remixes of indie songs though, those usually turn out extremely well.

Ooh new release today:

Ferry Corsten - Black Light

Also been jamming to this:

Dzeko & Torres feat. Sarah Mcleod - Hurricane

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Their recent collab with Feddie is great too.

This is pretty great.

I dunno, I much prefer the original. I keep waiting for the hook to kick in and it never does, so I just got really frustrated. It doesn't sound bad, but it doesn't compare to the original imo. My favorite though is the Ilan Bluestone remix though, since it keeps the hook and replaces the drop with something better.

chris121580

Just a heads up that the new Armin Van Buuren is up on Spotify a week early. I'm the states but it's currently available for me to listen to and it's awesome

Nemesis_

I found it underwhelming, but I had it on as background noise and it wasn't a proper listen.

The Emma Hewitt collab was actually pretty good though. That stood out, at least, on first listen.

Deadly

I found it underwhelming, but I had it on as background noise and it wasn't a proper listen.

The Emma Hewitt collab was actually pretty good though. That stood out, at least, on first listen.
Forever is ours, pulsar and whos's afraid of 138 are the only songs that I enjoyed.

Nemesis_

Probably not the best place to ask but do you guys think EDM is leaving the mainstream? There is definitely a dominant shift into urban happening in pop right now, or at least judging by current trends and producers working on upcoming albums.

cdyhybrid

Probably not the best place to ask but do you guys think EDM is leaving the mainstream? There is definitely a dominant shift into urban happening in pop right now, or at least judging by current trends and producers working on upcoming albums.

Depends on what you define as mainstream, I guess. If you mean radio, it just got to the mainstream, at least on local stations here.

chris121580

Yeah it's disappointing. A little too much singing for my taste and not enough beats

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I feel like EDM is just hitting its mainstream stride. You turn on MTV here and you have a better than 50% chance of seeing something by David Guetta, Cazzette, or Avicii. Festivals are getting bigger and bigger and EDM songs are crossing over into pop and hip hop. I honestly don't see it going away anytime soon.

I've done a lot of research but always good to check with GAF - Is the Numark Mixtrack Pro the best DJ controller in the $150 range?

Top Bottom